Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove it pretty fast on sat. night. parked it in the garage. then on sunday when i started it up, it sounded pretty weird. all kinds of smoke coming out fo the passenger side pipe and tons of white smoke. after a few minutes, everything was fine. what do u think?

thanks,
chan

·
Registered
78 Posts
CPurewal said:
Drove it pretty fast on sat. night. parked it in the garage. then on sunday when i started it up, it sounded pretty weird. all kinds of smoke coming out fo the passenger side pipe and tons of white smoke. after a few minutes, everything was fine. what do u think?

thanks,
chan
-Is this your Mustang that you are referring to?

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
CPurewal said:

thanks,
chan

On your Viper?

Oil in the airbox maybe. Sounds like the venting situation I have read about.

Now where is Chuck or one of the others to tell you what to look for/do?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont have a mustang. yea i think maybe oil in the air box or a head gasket problem.

thanks,
chan

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
How many miles on your RT...and have you had your head gaskets done yet???

Think of it as a good thing...the Arrow rebuild that is... :thumb:

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
Check your oil ASAP , milky? too full? , then possible head gasket. Could be just oil in the intake from hard braking.

·
Registered
791 Posts
CP..what is it ya drive???...are ya talking viper or another car?...year make model??...Len

·
Registered
494 Posts
It's quite possible that you just dumped oil into your intake if you were doing your spirited driving shortly before shutting it down. It gets sucked into the driver side throttle body, which would put the smoke out the passenger tailpipe when you started it back up. I did that once myself. If that is what it was, it's nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ken i think that is what probably happened. I have an '01 gts with 17k miles on it. still under warranty. the oil level and color are fine, as are the other fluids, from what i can tell. ill be taking it to the dealer soon. ill keep u all posted. just wanted to know if any of u had experienced this???

thanks,
Chan

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
CPurewal said:
CPurewal said:
Ken i think that is what probably happened. I have an '01 gts with 17k miles on it. still under warranty. the oil level and color are fine, as are the other fluids, from what i can tell. ill be taking it to the dealer soon. ill keep u all posted. just wanted to know if any of u had experienced this???

OK...I'm gonna need to see a pic of your side piped GTS!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Pipes are in the rear, but its the passenger side pipe, not the driver's side.

chan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts