Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Viper Love
550 Posts
well im also thinking w/i with 12 psi pulley ! i remember UtahViper was talking about a system he developed ! i hope someone installed the system give us more info. ! /images/graemlins/smiles

· Registered
84 Posts
I'm using Aquamist equipment on my Novi2000 setup. Its not a simple system and does require a certain amount of custom fabrication, however it seems to work well. To get the volume of water required at the right pressure on the Viper, a twin pump setup is required with duplication of much of the support system, complicating the instal. Next season I will have more time to play with the adjustments and will make some modifications over the winter. Incidentally a 25/75 mix of methanol to water is considered to be best.
Nadine uses a similar setup to mine on her Roe supercharger with good results.

· Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,110 Posts
Joel , you and Nadine are injecting about the same amounts , do you get about the same results. Does one get more cooling properties than the other, do you both run more timing? I assume Nadine runs 8 -10 lbs of boost (does she run a boost gauge?) do you run 15 or more pounds of boost?

Thanks inadvance......

Cudaman:flag:

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
My car runs on a 50/50 mix with a 10 psi pulley......STOCK fuel system with Roe 50 psi injectors. It is a budget custom kit by me. Very simple to install and use. 10.16 @ 141+ mph with stock heads/cam, no nitrous.

· Registered
84 Posts
Ward. yes Nadine and I are injecting similar amounts of water, we both use 4 of the same size jets and run approx the same amount of line pressure for the pumps. I think Nadines Roe set up benefits more from the water than mine....Why....because of the lack of intercooler and heat soak from the motor which is especially prevalent when hanging about waiting for a start. There is a neat add on with the aquamist that allows a reduced amount of water to be injected at tickover....this makes a noticeable difference in cooling the blower itself. My Novi setup uses a fairly large air/air intercooler, so perhaps the difference isnt as marked. However I do use more boost pressure. I think Nad is running about 8psi. We pretty much ran out of time to do an accurate with/without dyno test on the benefit of the water on my car, but switching it off on one run did drop the power output by about 30bhp, but by that time the motor was heat soaking anyway. I have run the water right from the start, so the motor has been set up with that in mind, so cant answer the question quantitatively about ignition timing.
Its surprising how much water is injected on full throttle !

· Registered
7,282 Posts
it's a good idea - done right

if you are looking at a custom system you must inject at over 100psi or you'll never get adequate atomoization - and if the quantities are large enough you may even hyrdraulic

UtahViper picked up 6-8mph by adding water on his system. His is also for sale - that's what I'd do as it is for the Viper and proven at the track

Snowperformance offer a kit

the Aquamist is very good - not sure about the flow rates being enough however - certainly good enough with 2 pumps and 4 jets to make a noticeable difference.

With good heads/quench - at 9:1 you can run 18lb boost on 89 octane with 24 degrees timing at full boost with a proper water injection (no methanol) system that is calibrated. Try doing that without it!

· Registered
84 Posts
No, not at all. Its only injected under boost conditions ( in high performance applications anyway) and is instantly turned to steam by the combustion or intake temperatures ( hence the lowering of intake temps) and never gets a chance to recondense to water. I used a very crude water injection system (actually a very low pressure water jet) on a daily driven Renault 5 GT turbo for 3 years with no ill effects and the ability to run significantly more boost and timing

· Registered
7,282 Posts
viper spray said:
Will water cause problems with rust or damage sensors?
as Joel said - however there have been cases of residue building up and blocking jets.. for this reason there are 2 basic precautions that should be taken

1 - use distilled water

2 - have a warning light if water runs out or a jet blocks.

A warning light could save your engine -

Of course this only applies where timing has been advanced/boost increased beyond what the engine could take without water. You'd be amazed how few tuners are willing to do that - therefore most water injected engines only use it as an in cylinder cooler and never get the real gains out of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.