Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Enlightened
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're considering trying to get some space at VOI8 - does anyone have any info on how we might go about doing this?

·
Enlightened
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No sales - although we might be handing out some stuff, maybe do a giveaway live and have some systems setup to cruise the Alley (check your email) while at the Expo.

Some people have asked if we plan to be there and I'm just curious to know what it would take to do something like that. No promises, if do'able we might need to form a VOI Committee to spread the responsibility around.

Ron and I can provide the booth bunnies..... /images/graemlins/wink

·
Premium Member
19,233 Posts
I'll volunteer to help run the booth if extra people are needed.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I'll volunteer to strip search to booth bunnies! ...err, as a security measure!! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Maybe the Alley could have a booth and sell t-shirts that say "Banned by the VCA".

Maybe Rohn could preside over Rosie O'Donnel and her girl friend's wedding out in SF next week.

Maybe? But I doubt it.

Maybe if the VCA wont let the Alley in then the Alley could get Lawboy to file a descrimination lawsuit as many of you reading this will be disenfranchised as Viper owners.

Maybe there will be a Spring, 2004 issue of Viper Magazine. Then again, it might come out in August as the Winter, 2005 issue.

Maybe the Alley can set up a booth in the best bar in the hotel for the duration of the VOI - now that is what you need to do!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I don't think the VCA has any swing on that issue. So many people think VOI is a VCA-show, but it's not at all, it is a Dodge Show.

I guess they can choose who they wan't to participate, but with thousands of Viper owner members, they would have a tough time keeping the Alley out.

Best thing to do would be to contact Fiona at Viper HQ. Viper HQ are the ones that handle exhibitors at VOI. I'm guessing the cost would be a couple grand per 10x10 booth spot? JPH - you remember the caysh requirements for a booth?

I'd chip in.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Oh please oh please have a booth. I'd definitely chip in for this. How awesome would that be to see some of the "Best of" thrAAAshings from the .morg days pasted at the ViperAlley booth for all to see.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
I need to be in the booth just to make a damned statement. Last time I was at VOI, they were asking me to help. Id like to be there on a second go around as one of the founding members of a site that has far more traffic than thiers. Kinda rubbin a woulda shoulda coulda IN THEIR FACE.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Maybe purchasing the booth under another name would be a good thing.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
VOI is not run by the VCA...and you do not have to be a VCA member to attend...that has long been a huge myth...

I would think that we could even share the cost of a a booth with one of the tuna's...(JPH comes to mind!) I mean whose "more" banned by the VCA's website than John???

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Well, I think if this is approached in a friendly way, they would most likely allow this to happen. One thing is for sure, if they shut you guys out, they will get 10 times the amount of grief that they could ever expect by you being there. Flanders is going to love this.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
VOI is not run by the VCA...and you do not have to be a VCA member to attend...that has long been a huge myth...

I would think that we could even share the cost of a a booth with one of the tuna's...(JPH comes to mind!) I mean whose "more" banned by the VCA's website than John???
That's all true, BUT, you do know how tight Dodge and the VCA are. They might as well be "one"

JPH did not have a booth at #7, don't know if he wanted one or was turned down. He was showing his wares in the parking lot and the drag strip.

All I am saying: better safe than sorry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts