Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! Some questions from Sweden.

Where can I find a Viper with engine-damage? What is the best US "cars for sale" site?

It´s very hard to buy a complete Viper from the US, 25% tax and 7% in customs.
Then it´s shipping and flight to see the car... /images/graemlins/sad
I got the advice to buy a damged one and repair.

Best Regards Mike

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
who gave you that advice?

Buy a complete car you can jump in and drive.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
who gave you that advice?

Buy a complete car you can jump in and drive.
Yep...It's way cheaper to buy a good used one, than to buy a wreck, and restore it...

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
and then have a car worth nothing

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I`m sorry. Bad explaining... Bad english too...

If you import a damaged car it`s much cheaper. One without engine should do.
I heard that you can put the engine in the trunk and mount it back home. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
Hard in a Viper but you know what I mean.

Thank you for all answers!

Regards Mike

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I see what you mean now. How much cheaper is it? Maybe buy a god car, have the engine taken out then have the engine shipped later.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Do not buy a salvaged (damaged) viper if you think you are gonna come out ahead. Even though the shipping and costs and other costs may be high, its nothing compared to what a salvaged car will cost you down the road in mechanical failures.

Plus, you never know what you are Really getting when you buy a salvaged viper, unless you have an inside tip from someone who deals with salvaged vipers, you're not likely to come out ahead.

Buy a clean higher mileage car, if you want to save a little money. Save yourself the grief of going the salvaged route.

You're gonna get what you pay for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Craig201MPH said:
I see what you mean now. How much cheaper is it? Maybe buy a god car, have the engine taken out then have the engine shipped later.
Jupp, that`s what I need. If you buy a "damaged" car the customs accept low price on the car.
This price is the price you have to put on taxes and customs.

If the car is complete and you got a low price on it they take "listprice"...
They don´t take fake-recipt anymore.

My plan was to find a nice Viper with enginedamage and repair it back home.

Sorry if this is strange, I don´t know where to search... /images/graemlins/sad

Mvh Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tito said:
Do not buy a salvaged (damaged) viper if you think you are gonna come out ahead. Even though the shipping and costs and other costs may be high, its nothing compared to what a salvaged car will cost you down the road in mechanical failures.

Plus, you never know what you are Really getting when you buy a salvaged viper, unless you have an inside tip from someone who deals with salvaged vipers, you're not likely to come out ahead.

Buy a clean higher mileage car, if you want to save a little money. Save yourself the grief of going the salvaged route.

You're gonna get what you pay for.
Yes, I´m going to buy a nice car. I just want to import it cheaper.
It would be really nice to visit USA and look for my dreamcar.

I won´t buy a crasched car, engineproblems is more my thing.

Mvh Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why not buy a working vehicle and disable it somehow (Maybe have some of the parts ripped off and shipped seperate?)

Then ship it as a "damaged" vehicle and reassemble it? You wouldn't have to pull much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
term said:
Why not buy a working vehicle and disable it somehow (Maybe have some of the parts ripped off and shipped seperate?)

Then ship it as a "damaged" vehicle and reassemble it? You wouldn't have to pull much.
That´s a great idea. I think it would work fine.

Regards Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts