Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
viper\'s closest competitor

ive been on a couple of sites lately and some are saying the srt-10's closest competitor is the m3. i don't understand this. the m3 is a luxury car that does 0-60 in 5.2 sec. and has a top speed of 155mph. the viper does 0-60 in 3.8 sec. and has a top speed of 195mph. ive looked at many sites and the viper has better times than the 360 modena, challenge stradale, 911 gt3, 911 turbo, even the lamorghini gallardo and ferrari 575m. i will list some of their times below. they're long so bear with me. all from motortrend as they got the best times.
challenge stradale- 0-60 in 4.3 sec. 1/4 mile in 12.53 at 114mph top speed of 189 mph
911 gt3- 0-60 in 4 sec. 1.4 mile in 12.07 at 116mph top speed of 190 mph
911 turbo- 0-60 in 4 sec. 1/4 mile in 12.2 at 114 mph
gallardo- 0-60 in 4 sec. 1/4 mile n/a top speed of 192 mph
575m- 0-60 in 4.1 sec. 1/4 mile in 12.26 at 118 mph top speed of 200 mph
viper srt-10- 0-60 in 3.9 sec. 1/4 mile in 11.77 at 124 mph top speed of 195mph
so, what do you think is the viper's closest competitor?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: viper\'s closest competitor

Not the M3 ... :eatpop:

·
Registered
338 Posts

Scion TC is one scarey Mother F*%#&@ :shocked:

·
Registered
144 Posts

Depends on what you mean when you're asking what the closest "competitor" is too... What is the competition? Straightline run...? Well then I guess the Viper is a little bit ahead of those cars, but what happens when you throw in some tight curves along with those long straights?

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts

jtsherri said:
Depends on what you mean when you're asking what the closest "competitor" is too... What is the competition? Straightline run...? Well then I guess the Viper is a little bit ahead of those cars, but what happens when you throw in some tight curves along with those long straights?
Yep...cause Vipers can't turn!

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

jtsherri said:
Oh good Lord another idiot graces us with their aura of shit and stupidity.

Cutienudie has a relative joining us. :smiles:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
146 Posts

CitySnake said:
Yep...cause Vipers can't turn!

I am not even sure as to why Vipers have steering wheels. :cool:

·
Registered
6,989 Posts

jtsherri said:
Have you ever driven a Viper? Have you seen the magazine #s comparison for those tests of the Viper compared with other vehicles? Apparently not.

·
Registered
5,888 Posts

venom67 said:
ive been on a couple of sites lately and some are saying the srt-10's closest competitor is the m3. i don't understand this. the m3 is a luxury car that does 0-60 in 5.2 sec. and has a top speed of 155mph. the viper does 0-60 in 3.8 sec. and has a top speed of 195mph. ive looked at many sites and the viper has better times than the 360 modena, challenge stradale, 911 gt3, 911 turbo, even the lamorghini gallardo and ferrari 575m. i will list some of their times below. they're long so bear with me. all from motortrend as they got the best times.
challenge stradale- 0-60 in 4.3 sec. 1/4 mile in 12.53 at 114mph top speed of 189 mph
911 gt3- 0-60 in 4 sec. 1.4 mile in 12.07 at 116mph top speed of 190 mph
911 turbo- 0-60 in 4 sec. 1/4 mile in 12.2 at 114 mph
gallardo- 0-60 in 4 sec. 1/4 mile n/a top speed of 192 mph
575m- 0-60 in 4.1 sec. 1/4 mile in 12.26 at 118 mph top speed of 200 mph
viper srt-10- 0-60 in 3.9 sec. 1/4 mile in 11.77 at 124 mph top speed of 195mph
so, what do you think is the viper's closest competitor?
I know I'm gonna take some shit for this but here goes; The first two cars mentioned are true purpose built cars with handling and road course racing in mind. No body in their right mind would take either one over a Viper in the quarter but in stock form both would have no problem keeping a stock SRT10 at bay on a road course.

I only mention these two because I have some experience with both and with the SRT10. The SRT10 is just not built with as much attention to road course racing.

O.K. let the abuse begin. :thumb:

·
Registered
166 Posts

It's not that the Viper's handling is not good. It's awsome, just trickier to drive it at it's limit, because it's got so much torque. So it's less forgiving at it's limits, but it can outhandle most cars, if driven.

96 Venom 550 ( supercharger coming soon...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

When I read the article in motrotrend (I think) with the viper vs. z06 they said that the viper has better handling than the z06. From what I know the z06 has pretty good handling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.