Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
march 10-12 2005. this event sounds like a winner to attend and id like to do it. thursday is roadracing, friday is dyno at JHs shop and sat is drag racing.

anyone else (vipers) attending this event? how do i officially register? how much? hotel, etc.

also, i was told they are only accepting eight vipers to participate in the dragracing?? WTF is this correct?

· Registered
3,318 Posts
looks like a lot of fun. There is a link on another thread and for around $300 bucks one gets road racing, dyno runs, and drag racing to boot. Talk about a good package deal. I will be there.....god willing.

John

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good. glad to hear it. ill look forward to yet another fun race event with you Jdawg

· Registered
1,501 Posts
Hey guys, I am working feverishly with David Boggs to make this a Supra/Viper Nationals meet. Without going into too much detail, let me tell you how it works.
Thursday - road racing at Texas World Speedway, $200 buys you a professional instructor as well as 2 hours of track time on the 2.9 mile track, part of which is run on the banked oval.
Friday - dyno day at Hennessey Performance Eng. David will have details on this soon.
Saturday - drag racing at SAR. I'm working with David to set this event up in such a way that there will be 2 simultaneous events going at the same time. The UNLIMITED class will bring 8 of the quickest Supras and 8 of the quickest Vipers together (that's where you heard the 8 number). We're working to make this event the first V-10 Nats of 2005, like all the others, but MUCH BIGGER.

As long as David can get his sponsors in line, I think we can make this thing go off without a hitch. In the end, it'll come down to having enough sponsor money to bankroll the deal.

If it happens that we can't work this thing out together, ALL OF YOU are welcome to participate in the road racing event and the drag racing event. I've posted details about the event on supraforums, you can read about it just remember what you are reading what is posted to the Supra folks. If we do a joint Supra/Viper deal some of the details will change...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthr...threadid=240881

Thanks
Peter

· Registered
3,381 Posts
houstonT said:
Hey guys, I am working feverishly with David Boggs to make this a Supra/Viper Nationals meet. Without going into too much detail, let me tell you how it works.
Thursday - road racing at Texas World Speedway, $200 buys you a professional instructor as well as 2 hours of track time on the 2.9 mile track, part of which is run on the banked oval.
Friday - dyno day at Hennessey Performance Eng. David will have details on this soon.
Saturday - drag racing at SAR. I'm working with David to set this event up in such a way that there will be 2 simultaneous events going at the same time. The UNLIMITED class will bring 8 of the quickest Supras and 8 of the quickest Vipers together (that's where you heard the 8 number). We're working to make this event the first V-10 Nats of 2005, like all the others, but MUCH BIGGER.

As long as David can get his sponsors in line, I think we can make this thing go off without a hitch. In the end, it'll come down to having enough sponsor money to bankroll the deal.

If it happens that we can't work this thing out together, ALL OF YOU are welcome to participate in the road racing event and the drag racing event. I've posted details about the event on supraforums, you can read about it just remember what you are reading what is posted to the Supra folks. If we do a joint Supra/Viper deal some of the details will change...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthr...threadid=240881

Thanks
Peter
Peter, I will definitely be there! What are ther dates for the event?

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im definitely interested but like i said, i need info to get it planned. i already marked off the week for the roadtrip. with or without the V10 nats, this sounds like a winner of an event. i hope the v10 nats does participate though

· Registered
1,501 Posts
V10, he bud, click the link to the supraforums thread above... It has all the details as they currently stand (only a Supra Nationals event). I'm hoping that by early next week i'll be able to confirm that this is going to be a joint Supra/Viper Nationals.
Peter

· FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,546 Posts
HEY SOUNDS REALLY COOL!MAYBE WE COULD INVITE VETTES,PORSCHES,BENZS,MAZDAS, WRXS,AND ALL THE REST! :rofl: :dance:

· Registered
48 Posts
V10 MOJO,

Don't forget, the first Vette/Viper race in the American Super Car Challenge is scheduled for March 12th at No Problem Raceway, Belle Rose Louisiana. We're going to have a points system in 2005 so missing a race will hurt.

· Registered
720 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Dave Golder said:
Sweet man....Time for another rental car road course thrash!
Yeah, I want to see SW and Hiedaker ride in the back seat of your rental load again while you thrash around at 90 mph on tires getting ready to blow!
man!!..now this is starting to sound like fun!!!!.. :thumb:...maybe we can get a camera mounted in it too facing the back seat!!!.... :rofl:

· Registered
66 Posts
Hey John,

This is the even I have been telling you about that you need to attend with us in March!!! I'm really happy that they are tring to combine the two. That would be the absolute baddest meet ever! Anyway, give me a call soon so you can see my new car!

Y'ALL REALLY NEED TO ATTEND. 2 YEARS AGO I HAD A 350Z I TOOK TO THIS EVENT AND 3 WEEKS AFTER THE EVENT I HAD THAT CAR SOLD AND GOT MY SUPRA!! I WILL HAVE IT THERE THIS YEAR, TOO, ALONG WITH MY CTS-V! IF THE TWO DON'T JOIN, Y'ALL STILL NEED TO COME!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.