Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with a very heavy heart that I am passing along that Viperess passed away on May 28th. Her and I were friends on Instagram and I noticed she had not posted anything for several months, so I went to find her on facebook and her daughter posted on her account that in May Laura had a severe stroke. Long story short, I emailed her daughter this morning to check and see how Laura was doing and she wrote me back and told me that she passed away on May 28th. Laura had several more severe strokes and a severe brain bleed as well as stage 4 Ovarian cancer.

Laura did get her Phd in nursing, so back when Don coined the phrase Dr. Laura he was ahead of his time.

I knew many of you here thought the world of Laura and would want to know. :cry:

·
Enlightened
28,980 Posts
I moved this to AG for a little more exposure before moving it back to The Last Lap...

I was very sad to hear this news, back in the day I recall talking to Laura often, even after she stopped posting and had us remove her name from the site. I recall she posted on 9/11 here on the Alley and there was this gem she posted on the VCA back in the day...

Viperess said:
I can't believe I just sat here and read this entire thread! Myself and many others used to post regularily on this site, when the site was not so full of those who think because they own a Viper, they are "all that" and better than others. Don't get me wrong, as I love my cars as much as anyone else, but it is just a car, that is all, it doesn't make me feel above anyone else because I own a couple of Vipers. It doesn't make me any better than anyone else because I own a Dodge.

What kind of remark is that? telling someone they don't belong here? Telling them to go to the Alley as to not disgrace the mighty VCA. Let me educate you, the members at the Alley are the members who made the VCA site and don't believe different for one minute. The Alley members are the original group of VCA members. The fun, caring Viper owners who know eachother, hang out with eachother, and would do anything to help a fellow owner or anyone in need and have demonstrated that time and time again.

Not a bunch of owners who seem think they are better than others, who want to decide who belongs and who doesn't, who want to decide what is acceptable and what is not for their "community". It is the different personalities that make life fun, if we had all conformed to windbreaker mentality, then we wouldn't have ever left.
She was a class act.

RIP VIPERESS

·
Landscaping Professional
14,157 Posts
Rest in Peace, Laura. We will remember you fondly.

Reactions: SaltLifeGirl
1 - 20 of 23 Posts