Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so excited driving this Viper that I spent some extra time putting together an edited version and an incar only version. They are both available in the highest quality I could reproduce. Large in size, but if you have a fast connection and a good sound system......CRANK IT UP!

I would suggest right clicking and saving the files. The smaller versions will stream if you have a fast connection.

Edited version: 12 minutes

small 32 megs

medium 64 megs

large 134 megs

Incar version: 4 minutes

small 9 megs

medium 18 megs

large 40 megs

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
nice video! Who's SRT-10 was that. A PVO car I'm thinking. humm seemed to hold up well against a 700+hp GTS. Is PVO up to testing a "performance" version of the SRT-10????

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tanked said:
nice video! Who's SRT-10 was that. A PVO car I'm thinking. humm seemed to hold up well against a 700+hp GTS. Is PVO up to testing a "performance" version of the SRT-10????
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif I would hope a factory built racecar with almost equal power could keep up with a privateer.

The SRT-10 was built by Team SRT and Mopar sponsored. It's the One Lap of America entry from this year that finished in second place overall. PVO changed the name to SRT this past winter. This SRT-10 is tricked out and the engine is nothing close to stock. When we were at the track we mentioned to Ralph Gielles (SRT engineer and the driver at the event) that we were running a little over 700hp and he said the SRT was very close to that.

We were running the same lap times around the track eventhough I was pulling him out of the exit of every corner. I knew I had more power, but he had extremely better braking and handling.

In the video you'll notice him closing in on me at the entrance of the turns due to better braking. He also closed in on me through the turns due to better handling. Then at the exit of the turns I could easily power away from him due to more power. I explained the conditions that the SVS S/C and I were under here:

Viper War Article

You can have a car on a roadcourse that has less power with much better braking, suspension and handling that can achieve equal or better times than a more powerful car. On a roadcourse, racing is won in the turns. The only thing I had going for me was the power advantage. If you watch the video you will see that I'm not full on the gas by the apex through many of the turns and pretty much coasting around them. If the car is set-up properly (spring rates, suspension settings, brakes bled, tires pressures tested, proper gears in the diff, good pedals) and is on rails through the turns then you should be able to achieve full throttle by the apex, if your good :nod:

The amazing part of running this car for our testing purposes was the fact that it stayed cool enough to keep racing. Even Ralph, the SRT driver was wondering how we kept it cool under these types of racing conditions and with over 700hp while running a supercharger.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tanked.

It has JRZ's, but the spring rates are 850 in the rear and 600 up front. The SRT-10 was running 1100 in the rear and 850 up front. The added downforce on both Vipers requires the 1100/850 combo on a road course otherwise the car will handle and feel like a marshmellow.

We installed the 850/600 combo because Dan runs the car on the street.

We will go back to Gingerman and focus on the suspension next time around.

Some more notes when watching the video:

At the end of the longer straights speeds are around 140mph.

A 3:54 gear (currently in the SVS/SC) is terrible to run on this track because you run out of third gear in the middle of the turns, and if you stay in fourth you end up too low in the rpm range to pull you quick enough in the turns.

Stock pedals with racing shoes on a roadcourse /images/graemlins/down messing up just a little costs you time.

Do you think I will ever be able to make just a short post?

Jr.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
V10Ace said:
Excellent driving! Everything you guys do is tits (bad ass). Keep up the good work! /images/graemlins/drive
Thanks!

It would have been much smoother looking, if the suspension, brakes and pedals were dialed in. We will work to make it stick and take a set through the corners and then there will be less sawing at the wheel. Eventhough it might look cool it's slow.

A few people asked why I left the boring part in at the end where we just sit there and then slowly drive around the track.

I was extremely impressed with the engine idling and purring like a kitten after almost 10 minutes of driving it that hard. No surges or complaints.

The engine is built. The next test at the track should be at around 9psi. I'm confident we can get the car to stick and with a little more power we should be able to pull some impressive times :thumb:

jR.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Wow! Great vid, thanks. I am also surprised that you were able to run the car as much as you did with the s\c. I think the SRT10 looks much better in the "wild" for lack of a better word. Advertising pics of it do it no justice. It looked awesome while you were following it. I'm not familiar with the track, but it looked like a hell of a time.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Custom Builder said:
Wow! Great vid, thanks. I am also surprised that you were able to run the car as much as you did with the s\c. I think the SRT10 looks much better in the "wild" for lack of a better word. Advertising pics of it do it no justice. It looked awesome while you were following it. I'm not familiar with the track, but it looked like a hell of a time.
It was great fun. We were just getting ready to play and dice it up with each other and create some drama for everyone to watch. We spoke later about being comfortable on the track with each others driving and I think we would have had a good game of chess. We could have passed each other down the front straight and I'm sure everyone would have loved it, but they red flagged the session.

The SRT was very cool looking the way it was prepped. They have lots of goodies and knowledge from the racing programs that was incorporated into this SRT. :nod:

Running the Motec ADL like the Comp Coupes. When I sat in it, the pedals and the positioning of the seat felt perfect for comfort, safety and control.

[image]http://www.supervipersystems.com/viperwar/srtinterior.JPG[/image]

Here's some pics of the track that might help aid when watching the vids.

[image]http://www.supervipersystems.com/viperwar/track_air.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.supervipersystems.com/viperwar/trackspecscolor.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.supervipersystems.com/viperwar/mapfullcolor.jpg[/image]

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.