Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 301 Posts

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted Chads time slip/pics/dyno on another site and we got to discussing Supra ets and mph. Seems like they (at least a few years ago) have a running list of their times. I think there are lists for the v10 nats...something at .morg etc. I am talking a running list...could just remain a post that could be updated by list members...nothing fancy. Maybe after it got established it could be put where someone would have to submit the et/mph. I think it would also be nice to add the power adder if any to the end....maybe add the type of tire if different than a slick or et street.....maybe the date. ONE LINE ONLY. Once established it would be nice to post the time slip at the bottom of your post when you submit your name/time (new times) Only a few headers,ONE LINE ONLY, Doesn't matter if you are not in the top five...submit any et slip, slow or fast ,If you raced it, it's worth listing !!

like so.....

Suggestions ???????????????????? Bad idea ???????

[color:"blue"] V10, six speed, independent rear

ET .....MPH.....OWNER.....date..... mods (kiss).....notes: [/color]
(keep it simple)

[email protected] Chad Williams, 11/28/04, twinturbo, Heffner Performance

[email protected] Rohn Kittle 11/20/02 nitrous, Racing Solutions, driver: SW

[email protected] Tom Welch (date) Heads/nitrous BTR Performance, BTR heads, stock ci, stock suspension, 10.43 on pilots (street tire record)

[email protected] David Boggs (date) DLM Paxton supercharger, Doug Levin Motorsports

[email protected] Norm (CAPS) Korner 12/1/04, ALL MOTOR!!!! Lingenfelter 542ci stroker, driver: Scott Wieck

[email protected] Tony Armour 2/8/04, Roe supercharger & nitrous, best mph 147.26, Armour Racing, Ringgold, Ga.

[email protected] Ward Reasoner 11/xx/04, Roe supercharger & nitrous, Macedo Motorsports, Orlando Fl.

[color:"blue"] V10, auto or non-stock tranny, any rear.

ET .....MPH.....OWNER..... mods (kiss).....date .....notes: [/color]

[email protected] Terry Ruots, 5/16/03, Hennessy Performance, twin turbo, nitrous, stock pcm, powerglide 2 speed

[email protected] SVSi twin turbo 12/7/03 SVSi Racing, independent rear, 2 speed autmatic

[email protected] Tommy Fudge (date here) All Motor, 9" rear, automatic

[color:"blue"] Real Viper, anything goes

ET .....MPH.....OWNER..... mods (kiss).....date .....notes: [/color]

[email protected] Mike Robbins 9/XX/04, 588" hemi, automatic, Dana rear, Ringgold Chrysler, Dodg, Jeep

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Viper records...............

Sorry John....the object would be to copy the list and add to it...or I could keep the master list updated at the top (for a while) I don't get on the computer much /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
But I would need the mods etc.
1TONY1 said:
[color:"blue"] V10, six speed, independent rear

(keep it simple)

[email protected] Chad, 11/28/04, twinturbo, Heffner Performance

[email protected] Rohn Kittle (date) nitrous, Racing Solutions, driver: Albert Chobler

[email protected] David Boggs (date) DLM Paxton supercharger, Doug Levin Motorsports

[email protected] Norm (CAPS) Korner 12/1/04, ALL MOTOR!!!! TNT Motorsports, driver: Scott Wieck

[email protected] Tony Armour 2/8/04, Roe supercharger & nitrous, best mph 147.26, Armour Racing, Ringgold, Ga.

[email protected] Ward Reasoner 11/xx/04, Roe supercharger & nitrous, Macedo Motorsports, Orlando Fl.

[email protected] Micheal Shwortzwhatever 9/XX/04, Roe supercharger, Macedo Motorsports

[color:"blue"] V10, auto or non-stock tranny

[email protected] Terry Ruots, 5/16/03, Hennessy Performance, twin turbo, nitrous, stock pcm, powerglide 2 speed
[email protected] SVSi twin turbo (date here) SVSi Racing, independent rear, autmatic

[email protected] Tommy Fudge, (date here) All Motor, 9" rear, automatic

[color:"blue"] Real Viper, anything goes

[email protected] Mike Robbins 9/XX/04, 588" hemi, automatic, Dana rear, Ringgold Chrysler, Dodg, Jeep

· Registered
267 Posts

I think its a good idea. Quick Correction so we don't have 10 copies of the same list.. TNT Motorsports has never worked on Norms all motor viper. It is an Lingenfelter Built 542ci stroker.
Scott

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts

LOL, you just HAD to do the 15 sec mike schwartz thing didnt ya, LOL

· Registered
2,097 Posts

Scott

It does not say TNT car it says that you are a TNT operative Spy driving the car, I would be pissed. You just have to know how to read these charts. I know you're not a spy it was just a mistake, right LOL

my car ran top secrete numbers that is why he put down a 9.4XX @ 1XX but now that enough time has passed the numbers were a 9.45 at 151.88

· Registered
5,085 Posts

Great idea. How they do it on the Supra board is that people submit their accomplishments in the body of the thread and only a mod (from time to time) can update the first post, which is the running list.

A timeslip should be mandatory.

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Corrections made. I started this list from memory just to get it going..anymore corrections or add ons let me know.

Do the Supra guys limit the # of cars ??? Top twenty or ???? I see no need to limit to the top guys for now. And I don't mind being the "mod" of the list. It may be best to mod it and not just have a running list that anybody could add to. I do think time slips should be posted, however there may be some old times that could be verified by other people and we should add those in if they are verifyable. Do the catogories look ok ?

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

houstonT said:
I think the Supra list is every car that submits info that is quicker than 11.0
Peter
Anybody have thoughts on this ???

Chad, looks like the classes are close to the same except I have "any tranny with any rear" That would also cover any V10. I think the number of cars in that and anything goes will be so small that the modification list should tell everybody what's going on.

· Registered
3,318 Posts

1TONY1 said:
houstonT said:
I think the Supra list is every car that submits info that is quicker than 11.0
Peter
Anybody have thoughts on this ???

Chad, looks like the classes are close to the same except I have "any tranny with any rear" That would also cover any V10. I think the number of cars in that and anything goes will be so small that the modification list should tell everybody what's going on.

there probably should be some defining line used for "times" since not all will be "records." Best to try and keep it simple with a few clear classes, because before you know it there will be some shithead from MS saying he has the fastest sapphire/cognac RT/10 built by Armour racing in the world. Just an example of what could occur.......not saying it would. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

overall good idea to keep things updated so everyone is clear of the "records" with timeslips required. I dunno how long you can keep editing a post??? So a mod may have to do it if they are willing.

John

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Good point....there are only about three records in three classes. lol
What should it be called ?

And yes, there is a limit on the edit time frame, I don't know how long it is. At that time Mr. Pierce may could work his magic or a mod might volunteer.

EDIT: Looks like the edit time is only 2 or three days. Much shorter than I thought. I might just have to "quote" to do the updates unless MP can give me edit permissions. Eventually, this could be a single area on the board or forum.

· Registered
1,421 Posts

SVS : 12/7/2003 - twin turbo - 9.16 - 154.32 - 2 speed auto

A static area for records could be made on the site?

Suggestion open to review:

Quite a few Vipers have been involved in going after records for the standing mile over the last year or so.

SVS - 200.04mph - August 2003
Paolo -
SW/RSI -
JHorton/WCV
Joel/DC Performance
Nadine/Roe S/C
I think there's a few more.....

Just for fun:

These are records we are looking at possibly going after in 2005:

It would be cool to see a Viper own both of these :nod:

El Mirage - 1.3 mile dry dirt lake 240mph
Bonneville - 5 mile dry salt lake 264mph

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

SVS Turbo said:
SVS : 12/7/2003 - twin turbo - 9.16 - 154.32 - 2 speed auto

A static area for records could be made on the site?

Suggestion open to review:

Quite a few Vipers have been involved in going after records for the standing mile over the last year or so.
Good idea for our long track drag racers /images/graemlins/laughing.gif If MP would set it up, I would take care of it.

· Latest JEDI Weapon!
527 Posts

9.62 @ 149.75 with stock cubic inch, stock suspension, BTR Heads/nitrous only power adder!

Or 10.43 same combo as above with Stock Michelin Pilots

Do those count??

Tom

· Premium Member
4,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

ViperJEDI said:
9.62 @ 149.75 with stock cubic inch, stock suspension, BTR Heads/nitrous only power adder!

Or 10.43 same combo as above with Stock Michelin Pilots

Do those count??

Tom
Certainly they count !!! Thanks for bumping us peons down again /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

We need more times guys....fess up.

1 - 20 of 301 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.