1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a JVC KLH-1100 and I love it, however, keep in mind that all the crutchfield site is sayign when it says it "fits" the viper is that the Deck is of a single DIN size, and that it's depth does not exceed what is allowable by the empty space left upon removal of your stock head unit. Although it is a very nice looking unit, for a Viper I would go with something a little higher end, I.E. alpine, blaupunkt, or high-end pioneer.

-nick-

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lucifer said:
Crutchfield sells at full MSRP, never buy a thing from them.
Yeah, I've already found it for $139 elsewhere on the net.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ViperGuyNick said:
I have a JVC KLH-1100 and I love it, however, keep in mind that all the crutchfield site is sayign when it says it "fits" the viper is that the Deck is of a single DIN size, and that it's depth does not exceed what is allowable by the empty space left upon removal of your stock head unit. Although it is a very nice looking unit, for a Viper I would go with something a little higher end, I.E. alpine, blaupunkt, or high-end pioneer.

-nick-
Here's a Pioneer with MP3 capability, any good?:

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=...d=87376&m=1

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
That JVC thing is fugly. Pioneers new stuff is decent at a reasonable price.

Get yourself an Eclipse deck and some US Amps (Eclipse decks have no internal amplifiers so you need to spend some extra cash but you won't be dissapointed)

Throw in some nice component speakers and a couple of small subs and your off to the races.

I went with JM LAbs "Focal" line myself. Killer sound in a small factory looking setup.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ROCK STAR said:
That JVC thing is fugly. Pioneers new stuff is decent at a reasonable price.

Get yourself an Eclipse deck and some US Amps (Eclipse decks have no internal amplifiers so you need to spend some extra cash but you won't be dissapointed)

Throw in some nice component speakers and a couple of small subs and your off to the races.

I went with JM LAbs "Focal" line myself. Killer sound in a small factory looking setup.
I don't want to spend much though!

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
Ugh. Nothing worse than a lawyer with fish hooks in his pockets.

Do you want nice sound or do you want to save money?

If it's cost effectiveness, go with the new Pioneer stuff but it's not really that much more to jump up to the setup I described.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Eclipse is the best...hands down.

I have the Eclipse CD8443. I'm telling you, just the headunit will improve your stereo alone.

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
ROLLMODEL said:
ROCK STAR said:
Spoken like a true ricer. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
Kindly explain what it is about that statement that sounds ricerish. Thank you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
ROCK STAR said:
ROLLMODEL said:
ROCK STAR said:
I believe he was referring to the "off to the races" part of that as only a Ricer would race with subs in the trunk, trust me I see it happen all the time. Although we all knew what you meant by "off to the races" as you were speaking metaphorically. Just what I pulled out of the response.

-Nick-

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
ViperGuyNick said:
ROCK STAR said:
ROLLMODEL said:
ROCK STAR said:
I believe he was referring to the "off to the races" part of that as only a Ricer would race with subs in the trunk, trust me I see it happen all the time. Although we all knew what you meant by "off to the races" as you were speaking metaphorically. Just what I pulled out of the response.

-Nick-

And we have a winner.....just fuckin with ya, it sounded like you were talkin about racing with a huge system in your car thinkin your gonna go faster....understand now?

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
Got it.

When I said small subs though, I meant small. Focal makes a 5" sub that fits perfectly into the factory speaker cut-outs so my system looks totally stock. Running a pair of them off of one amp is the equivalent of having a single 10" in the back.

I'm not a big 'bass cannon' type listener so this setup works perfect for me.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I gotcha.....I'm looking for something like that in my GTS, I'd like the stock appearance, but nice full sound. But I'm not going to be putting a full 10" or larger sub in the car. I'd like some replacements for sure.

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ROCK STAR said:
Got it.

When I said small subs though, I meant small. Focal makes a 5" sub that fits perfectly into the factory speaker cut-outs so my system looks totally stock. Running a pair of them off of one amp is the equivalent of having a single 10" in the back.

I'm not a big 'bass cannon' type listener so this setup works perfect for me.
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying - you replaced your 5.25" speakers with 5" subs in the doors or what?

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
No, I put 5 1/4" components in the doors and a pair of 5" subs in the rear cutouts just below the hatch.

In an RT you should put the subs between the seats. I had basically the same setup in my '94 and it sounded great. I used 5" Image Dynamics subs in the RT and 5 1/4 Rockford/Fosgates in the doors, but the Focals are a much better speaker.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts