Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friendly reminder the American Super Car Challenge is scheduled to run at No Problem in Belle Rose Louisiana Saturday March 12.

Heads-up racing for American Super Cars, Viper and Vette, on indexes
and unlimited.

This class is part of the National Street Car Association race featuring the fastest cars many in the single digits.

Also part of the weekend is World Street race with 4 cars shipped for Britain to race against 4 US cars and 4 Canadian cars.

I know some are planning on Texas but you have options

ASCC
www.rollingthunderz.com/ascc.html

NSCA
www.nsca-racing.com

Hope to see some Vipers there

·
Premium Member
19,646 Posts
I was going to race along with JDAWG, but with the rollbar requirement for all cars below 11.50 will keep me out(won't put one in, don't want it :( ). I guess all NHRA tracks will require them from now on. Now that Roof announced the 30th of April V-10 Nats race in BG, Atlanta is a no go for most that were planning on Atlanta.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Edgar,
No flame intended - just the facts. This roll bar issue just demonstrates who's serious and who isn't. Why would the Vipers be exempted from a roll bar rule that we've been living with all along? I agree that it will hurt the ASCC series but there's nothing stopping stock Vipers from running in the Original Street class.

·
Premium Member
19,646 Posts
Jerry, most Viper owners won't beat on their cars, like the guys that improve upon the performance. Hence when we do, and break the 11.50 barrier, we are told to cut up our interiors and put in a roll bar. Thanks, but no. It is too intrusive to have a roll bar. Hell, a stock Viper can do 11.77. Any mods would push it into that territory :( :( :D :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
99 RT/10,
Thanks for the reply. I understand the dilemma about tearing up your car. There's more room in the Corvettes, I guess it's harder to put them in the Vipers.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
i personally also dont buy this safety bullshit. why do i need a rollbar to go 138mph in a fully enclosed four wheeled 3500 pound vehicle but dilbert dumbass in his beefed up turbo busa can go over 180mph thru the traps on one wheel all day long with nothing but a set of pink neon riding leathers and a helmet.

safety my ass. :fist:

Oh BTW im not going because im gonna be in CANCUN doing double shots of tequila in 7.38 seconds. hows that for a fast time eh :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Big Carrot, I will let you in on a little secret. I know and knew about the Texas thing that is why I said that in the original post you simply stopped reading after you felt it was time to stop reading my post.

Dawg I went right through your state on the way. Sure wish you could have joined me.

Mojo, I make that motorcycle all the time too. I hate that they get away from any additional safety stuff. However, picture this, bike gets loose, he jumps off and the bike goes away. Car gets loose, we are trap in a spinning possibly flipping 3500# box with no way to safely get out while it is out of control.

Riddle me this Batmen (plural intentionally), if the Vipers don't mind racing the Vettes, how come we never get invited to race in you non-sanctioned, non rollbar ruled events?

A stock Viper 11.7s is not the norm, at least from what I have seen. 11.7s is still legal with NO bar for one of these classes and we have only seen one compete. We can't say they are out there if they are not out there.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
honestly, I would love to race vettes or hell any car for that matter. Unfortunately or fortunately there are other races for those of us who aren't up to snuff on safety and for now that fulfills my needs.

I have been speaking with some people about the Atlanta race and do plan on making that one since I know several of my viper friends will be there.

My ? is(and I know it has been answered somewhere) but can we run 10.50's or only 11.50's without a bar?

BTW, I hope the race turned out good for yall.

John

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
J DAWG said:
My ? is(and I know it has been answered somewhere) but can we run 10.50's or only 11.50's without a bar?
We do need this clarified for Atlanta. I think a 9.50 bottom limit with no bar would be juuuuust about right :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
19,646 Posts
The read I got from Ned was that due to NHRA rules, ANY car faster than 11.50 will required an NHRA approved rollbar. That's why I didn't bother going to No Problem. If I remember right JD said that Atlanta was extremely strict when checking for safety equipment :( :(

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
99 RT/10 said:
The read I got from Ned was that due to NHRA rules, ANY car faster than 11.50 will required an NHRA approved rollbar. That's why I didn't bother going to No Problem. If I remember right JD said that Atlanta was extremely strict when checking for safety equipment :( :(
I believe Atlanta is now under new ownership, maybe that will help.

Ownership: what I am going to do to you at the next race....again :rofl:

·
Premium Member
19,646 Posts
Just you wait to see who is crowned King of the V-10 Nats! When are the results coming out? :confused: :confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
99 RT/10 said:
Just you wait to see who is crowned King of the V-10 Nats! When are the results coming out? :confused: :confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your not king...you will never be crowned. :bowdown:

I'm not going to any more V10 nats until this is worked out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.