Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in the market for a 96-99 GTS and was hoping you guys could help answer some questions...

What are the most common or basic things I need to look for when shopping specifically for a GTS ?

Did they all come with the same gear ratio or is there more than one ?

Are there any electrical or small mechanical issues I need to look for ?

Fit and Finish..I have read that some people have issues with their hoods not lining up..is this something I will be able to detect from looking over the car, or will it need to go to a body shop for inspection ?

I live in the Chicago area ( Naperville/Aurora)and was wondering if there are any good techs or dealers that specialize in servicing the Big Snakes...

Also...where can I find information about extended warranties and insurance ? I currently use Allstate for my other vehicles and will get a quote from them, but is there any certain insurance company that maybe specializes in or is popular with Viper owners ?

Thanks in advance for your help..and I appreciate any and all "FUCK YOU newbie salutations..."

Thanks Guys

nosc8p

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
There are guys that have only been on here for a few months that will call you a newbie. Fuck them.

I just purchased my 98 GTS and the thing that I learned is that more than half of the Vipers for sale have been hit. I think that's the reason for selling them. I got mine with under 6k miles and about 10K in mods for under 50k. It took me a long time. I must have looked at 10 "clean" cars only to find them with major body work. Good luck and don't be in a hurry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good info thanks guys...my friend is a Body and Frame man with over 20 yrs experience..so I plan on including him everytime I go to look at a car...I am not in a huge hurry..but I would like to get into a nice clean car by mid August..

Finish Line, where are they located and do you have any contact info ?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
12,064 Posts
Hey enuff w/the F You's already!! Noescape 8 er whatever your name is Go over to the morgue www.viperclub.org and see the thread about The Tornado that almost hit Roanoke Dodge. John Gastman is the man to see as well over there. Or you could hit the Ill. VCA homepage at http://www.illinoisvipers.com. and link over to Roanoke.

A fellow Chicagoan,

Jay "F---You" K./images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
12,064 Posts
Tracy,

Howsabout actually showing up one of the monthly VCA meetings!? How are you?

Jay K.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.