·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
The Viper KICKS ASS, thats all that matters! /images/graemlins/ar15firing.gif

Austin

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I'd say my Viper is a close rival to my 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 pick up truck that I custom ordered with almost all the available options and had put a lot of engine mods on - easily the best vehicle I've ever owned. Maybe the quality on both is too good - I don't want to trade them in on any new replacements.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I think quality is so-so. I had the cable stem melt after 50 miles (not sure what it is, thats what the mechanic called it). The car was essentially dead due to all signal cables to the computer had been burnt. I have begun seeing cracks (at 5,000 miles) in he hood and the hardtop locking mechanism is a joke. Did i mention the stereo? The fact that a run of the mill acura has a better stereo than an 80K viper is just not very flattering to DC.

But... It still is one of the sexiest cars i have ever seen. Ever since i first laid my eyes on it i have smitten by its awesome, very aggressive looks. And the engine compliments that look perfectly with 450 very willing horses! And the size of the wheels are spectacular. I have bought wider wheels on every car i have owned but the viper. The viper got it right from the factory!

If i wanted quality i would have gotten a Benz. If you want raw sex appeal with torque to match you get the viper. Obviously I chose the latter ;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
AUSTIN said:
BUT, the interior is a little cheap. Yes, there are a few things that DC could have done differently but, all of those things are what contribute to what a Viper is. Its not a 200k dollar Ferrari or Lambo. Its an 80k dollar AMERICAN built sports car. Pure breed specifically FOR speed and power. Not to mention, the awesome lines of the car. Thats just my :twocents:.

Austin
Have you ever seen the interior of a Lambo Murcielago? Talk about cheap looking. VDO gauges and what not. I definitely agree with your assessment of the Ferrari (it's a work of art in my opinion), but the Lambos' interiors that I've seen leave a lot to be desired in both design and implementation.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Gary, no I havent seen the interior of the Murcielago, I wish! lol... I dont think the Viper interior is bad, I just think that DC could have done a few things a little differently. I actually really like the interior, its one of my favorite interiors of any car. Its a Viper, do you really want anything FANCY in one anyway? I wouldnt thinks so.

Austin

·
Registered
276 Posts
Not for nothing. But I find this post interesting as I took the family to the local Ferrari dealership today and could not believe the visable wear on all of the 355's they had for sale on the lot. Looked like a 10 year old vette. I have seen plenty of early gen2 vipers that are in much better shape that these ferraris that are in a showroom with a disclaimer that reads "Please have respect for the cars in the show room for they are works of art" Really not kidding. I almost feel driven to strike the post considering an itailian friend. Maybe they just had crap cars. Is the 360 a better built car thatn the 355? I dont know for sure but from what I have seen The ferraris do not seem to hold up better over time to overcome the difference in price. Its funny My wife asked me If I would be willing to trade the Viper / Porsche for the Ferrari. The answer is F*&^ no on the viper and yes to the P-car. I see the Ferrari as a nicer P-car but no substitute for the Visceral feeling you get from the Viper. I probably will still get a Italian and hope the Lambos are better made and with bigger gonads than the Ferrari. Just my opnion that is still forming.

·
Registered
276 Posts
On the other hand the one time My viper got stuck in a rain storm the rain did leak through. and it is a coupe.
Who cares. the vipers are great cars and I highly reccommend them to anyone considering a real sportscar.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts