Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again!

Some more questions. I have found a couple of cars around $33.000, RT/10 -94.
Is this a good price? To cheap? To expensive? Is private cars cheaper then dealers?

I don´t know what to pay...

Regards Mike (Swedish fool)

·
Premium Member
19,281 Posts
#33K is a good price, just check out the cars carefully. Also 94's tend to be the cheapest due to the units built that year. 3000+ I believe, capared to 92(285), 93(1043), 95(1577) and 96(BEST YEAR 721 units).

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
96 R/T 10 said:
#33K is a good price, just check out the cars carefully. Also 94's tend to be the cheapest due to the units built that year. 3000+ I believe, capared to 92(285), 93(1043), 95(1577) and 96(BEST YEAR 721 units).
96 is the best year? Put the fuckin crack pipe down. 96 has got to be the most bastardized half viper year ever. Shit is half Gen II and half Gen I. Still has the weepy head gaskets and the power is only a cunt hair better than the earlier gen I's. You lose the side pipes and get those awful half assed stripes going up and down the car. You dont get the Gen II frame, interior improvements, suspension improvements, increased power, imrpoved cooling system, etc. The list goes on and on. 96 is the worst fuckin year ever. :ugh:

·
Premium Member
19,281 Posts
And the Gen II frame! Best year period! :rant: Plus I like the fact the car has the rear exit pipes, sounds 100% better than the side pipes. Mike, if you got to have the side pipes, I would go with the 95 and try to get one of the last 300 cars built(they have a stamp in the exhaust stating "last 300"). All Gen I's will suffer from the weeping head gaskets until the get updated with the improved ones.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
96 R/T 10 said:
And the Gen II frame! Best year period! :rant: Plus I like the fact the car has the rear exit pipes, sounds 100% better than the side pipes. Mike, if you got to have the side pipes, I would go with the 95 and try to get one of the last 300 cars built(they have a stamp in the exhaust stating "last 300"). All Gen I's will suffer from the weeping head gaskets until the get updated with the improved ones.
What does "stating" mean? Does the last 300 have better gaskets?

/Mike

·
Premium Member
19,281 Posts
stating=Displaying, it is a mark of the last 300 cars built with the sidepipes. Might become more valuable due to the uniqueness

1 - 10 of 10 Posts