Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
always a gap, just cant make em fit. ive not seen one that looks "right" then again, ive only seen three or four /images/graemlins/toothy

I did however buy the dual pod and i do in fact plan to "heat gun the living shit outta it" and i hope it works or im throwing the piece of overpriced plastic in the can

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Larry, I have a new/unused one from Elite that I would sell.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Larry:

I drilled a hole in the center of the pod and into the oem pillar. The pillar looks like metal, however, it is a composite of some sort. The screw pulls the pod onto the pillar and it looks factory. I used a black oxide screw and you can hardly see it is there. No matter how much I heated the material I couldn't get it to fit, the screw solved the fit issue.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The one from elite doesn't fit worth a shit. I have one in may car (the back collecting dust) I think he uses auto meter from a camaro tells you to heat with a gun but thats way to much work. I don't understand why autometer just can't make one. Auto meter makes one for the steering column but with it you can't see the speedo.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The one from Elite is just a mustang pod with a viper logo on it. And the fit sucks. The pods I've got (though they aren't installed) are from a 94-95 mustang. Both the sngle and the dual pods look like they will fit with _minor_ massaging.

JD

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Mike Adams said:
The one from elite doesn't fit worth a shit. I have one in may car (the back collecting dust) I think he uses auto meter from a camaro tells you to heat with a gun but thats way to much work. I don't understand why autometer just can't make one. Auto meter makes one for the steering column but with it you can't see the speedo.
The auto meter steering column pod cuases the guage to rub if you use any guage that protrudes slightly (like an autometer :rolleyes).

·
Registered
494 Posts
Here is a pic of a steering column pod. Made for an '01 Dodge Ram, but fits the Viper perfectly. Only one gauge though and it does partially block the speedo.

Jegs/AutoMeter PN 105-15012 $29.99

[image]http://www.reefcorner.com/images/WBOGauge.jpg[/image]

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Cudaman said:
1TONY1 said:
Larry, I have a new/unused one from Elite that I would sell.
Wouldn't new be unused? Or do you have some new slight used ones?

Or is that like a slightly used Virgin?

Cudaman:flag:
I said it that way so some of the s l o w e r thinking Florida folks would understand /images/graemlins/laughing.gif If you are selling a car that had new tires installed three weeks ago.....would you advertise it as having new tires even though they are "used" ??? :nod:

Larry, I will get that shipped out to you, SIR.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Two day it is....LA is fine.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
you southern boys are just too polite /images/graemlins/toothy

sounds like the elite pod will fit good with jack's "install technique"

im installing mine within a week or so once i get the other projects done. ill post pics of my "expertise" LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.