Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is my first time changing the oil in the viper. How much oil does this thing take? I have heard 7 qts?

·
Registered
427 Posts
8.5 quarts is what I've been told. Chuck Tator or Larry Macedo could verify
this, but I know 8.5 is very close, then just use your dipstick. 10 quarts is
way too much for the 97. I would add 8 quarts, and then check it.

This is all providing you have the stock oil pan.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
I'll say it first: The year matters. Check your owners manual and any supplements. Also make sure your stock oil pan wasn't changed to a different capacity.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I put exactly..EXACTLY...9 q's in mine every single time without fail. I have an 01 RT10. BUT it is yellow an I think yellow takes more oil b/c the yellows are faster... :lolcry: :lolcry:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
You aren't allowed to ask stupid questions like that on this board. I'm sure someone on .morgue would be more than happy to help. Thank you, come again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigCarrot said:
You aren't allowed to ask stupid questions like that on thia board. I'm sure somwone on .morgue would be more than happy to help. Thank you, come again.

Really? I didn't get a owners manual with my car, we filled it to 8.5 which seemed to be perfect.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
term said:
BigCarrot said:
You aren't allowed to ask stupid questions like that on thia board. I'm sure somwone on .morgue would be more than happy to help. Thank you, come again.

Really? I didn't get a owners manual with my car, we filled it to 8.5 which seemed to be perfect.
No dude, i was just kidding. I just realized how badly I butchered that sentence!

·
Registered
533 Posts
People who don't have owners manuals should either search behind the seats which is where most are or buy one. Better yet, buy a Service Manual from ebay or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts