Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out if the Viper induction will fit on the truck motor. I have had this motor for 6 years and have pursued this subject several times. Mopar can't or won't tell me. Hennesey flat refuses to tell me, which makes little sense to me. They are the best source for take offs I would think. Tried several times to get ahold of Ironman Ivan, never succeeded. A member of The Dodge Coronet Registry called Plumcrazy suggested this place. So, what is the cross-ability between the two motors? Trans? I have the truck auto and transfer case, but if I can put the Viper intake on it broadens my horizons......

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
I have been given clearance by the national security director to be able to give you this information:

The Viper air induction has 2 throttle bodies and the V10 Ram has a single throttle body. To try to get the Viper air induction to work on the Ram will not work and if it did it would not offer any more power.

If you want to let your V10 breath better then get a 90 deg. 3.5 in. pipe and attach a big KN filter and mount the filter down behind the headlight. Then attach the other end to the hose that goes to the box where the factory air filter is. Remove the factory air filter. We did this to my 94 Ram V10 and it worked great for 168,000 miles.

Sorry, but I refuse to give you any more top secret details about upgrading older Ram V10's. Its simply a matter of national security.

·
Registered
791 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Watch out for those Coronet Registry guys - they party like wild men!

/images/graemlins/nana /images/graemlins/nana...whoo-hoo!!..i'm with ya man!!!.... /images/graemlins/nana /images/graemlins/nana

·
Registered
24,059 Posts
glad to see ya made it here martial,

I told you these guys would know the answer.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.