Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was driving in my newly acquired /images/graemlins/smiles 2002 GTS Bumblebee and I was at the toll gates about to pass the 880 bridge. I noticed that there is an old body style White Rustang Cobra behind me and I noticed that every time I moved he will moved behind me so close that I swear, it is in only a couple of inches before he hits me

At the first couple of times I didnt mind this, at the third time, I stare at him at the rearview mirror and he flicked me nonchalantly as if he was just tapping his finger in the steering wheel. So, gave him the big FUCK YOU TOO finger. He just gave me the schmuck smile and looked at the other way. I intentionally tried to stop and didn't move to piss him off...but there are other cars behind him....

Whats up with this,,,are we being hated by the Rustang owners? /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,462 Posts
Serious Eric used to drive a GTS Bumblebee, and used to constantly harass cops and Mustang owners. They are probably mistaking you for him.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
:atu: :lolcry: :lolcry:

·
Registered
932 Posts
That ain't hatin - he just wants to run ya...but he hasn't grown a pair so he tails ya instead of pulling up alongside.

It's a retarded way of showing respect!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah, I'd second that guess that he wanted to coax you into taking off so that he could see how well he could keep up, without having the full embarrasment of lining up beside you and quickly falling back when you gassed it.
Maybe he was just a bonehead, impatient tailgater. I get those all of the time in my slower cars and I usually just pull over to let them pass. But in the Viper, I sometimes just gun it (when the road is clear) to make them aware that I can drive faster than they might think. It only takes a second or two to make my point.

But I've a had a couple people catch up to me and actually tell me -with a big smile- that they just wanted to see me floor it (and both times they mentioned that they thought that the Viper was amazingly fast). /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

I did however have a guy in a red C5 Corvette drive past me at a stoplight and slow up as he passed so that I could see his thumbs-up turn to thumbs-down, in disapproval. I laughed outloud!, which I'm sure was not the response that he had expected to provoke.

But that's the first time that I've had that happen, and I usually get a lot of smiles and waves from Corvette owners.
It's just that a few drivers in general are REALLY intimidated with the Viper, and can't handle it, regardless of what car they drive.

Mostly the jealous ones are painfully obvious in the fact that they are really trying to NOT stare at the Viper, but I usually catch them in the rear or sideview mirror craning their necks to get a look when they think that I can't see them staring.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nexus-6 said:
That ain't hatin - he just wants to run ya...but he hasn't grown a pair so he tails ya instead of pulling up alongside.

It's a retarded way of showing respect!
...well, after I paid the bridge toll, I drove slowly and waited for him but I didn't even see him from my rearview mirror... :idea:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
true..true...but this old fart started tailgating me at the line on the bridge toll gates... and gave the finger when he saw that I was looking back and saw I gave him the finger too and then slowly drove after paying toll waiting for him for a few minutes... this one is just one plain Viper hater....short curly hair middle aged guy.....

Snakester said:
Yeah, I'd second that guess that he wanted to coax you into taking off so that he could see how well he could keep up, without having the full embarrasment of lining up beside you and quickly falling back when you gassed it.
Maybe he was just a bonehead, impatient tailgater. I get those all of the time in my slower cars and I usually just pull over to let them pass. But in the Viper, I sometimes just gun it (when the road is clear) to make them aware that I can drive faster than they might think. It only takes a second or two to make my point.

But I've a had a couple people catch up to me and actually tell me -with a big smile- that they just wanted to see me floor it (and both times they mentioned that they thought that the Viper was amazingly fast). /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

I did however have a guy in a red C5 Corvette drive past me at a stoplight and slow up as he passed so that I could see his thumbs-up turn to thumbs-down, in disapproval. I laughed outloud!, which I'm sure was not the response that he had expected to provoke.

But that's the first time that I've had that happen, and I usually get a lot of smiles and waves from Corvette owners.
It's just that a few drivers in general are REALLY intimidated with the Viper, and can't handle it, regardless of what car they drive.

Mostly the jealous ones are painfully obvious in the fact that they are really trying to NOT stare at the Viper, but I usually catch them in the rear or sideview mirror craning their necks to get a look when they think that I can't see them staring.
:9mm: :9mm:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Schillinger said:
He isn't Asian, but he is very good with computer chip design, so he's *sort of" Asian.
Hey man...I am Aisan...and man that was racist... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Don't feel bad man..those guys are just jealous. I get that shit all the time. I just drive. But when they start really fucking with me. I pull out my gat and then they start to duck and stomp on the breaks. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif After that, they tend to keep their distance.

·
Registered
206 Posts
KingViper said:
Schillinger said:
He isn't Asian, but he is very good with computer chip design, so he's *sort of" Asian.
Hey man...I am Aisan...and man that was racist... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
I'm asian too but it was still funny.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm Asian, and I thought it was racist but in a good way.

Wow, I guess there's a lot of Asian Vipers out there. We should call ourselves "Snakeheads". Maybe not.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts