Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Landscaping Professional
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Viper Days Reunion entrants were running as a support series for this weekend's World Challenge event. We all got some closed circuit big screen time on the monitors around the track. That's me in the B/W GTS in the first photo.

Bob Woodhouse's Unlimited WC Comp Coupe

^Cable Rosenberg's 9L sequential time attack monster^

Jerry Robinson's ACR-X that he runs in SVRA Vintage all over the country

Reactions: Brickhead

·
Landscaping Professional
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

Down the long, winding straight into Turn 5 from 135mph

Unlike the very logical and rigid rules we had for years, the class "matrix" was a complete SWAG. Nobody won prizes or nice trophies, we all just ran for time and were gridded accordingly. The two classes were Time Trial and Race group. We ran 2 sessions with ALL cars on track at the same time. Ben "Superman" Keating in his Daytona 24 winning GT3-R sporting a mostly stock G5 motor with air conditioning almost lapped me THREE TIMES in the first session!!!!

I would start out carefully to build heat in my tires while several CC, G5 and ACR guys around me passed with all their aero bits and 200 more HP. Then I started grooving and catching some of them up, dogging them thru the tighter stuff and braking way later than most of them at the end of the long straights. That's why I was always gridding up in the middle of them each time.

Lots of T-storms washed all the rubber off the track each day, so we all had to lay down times on mostly virgin pavement. It's been FOREVER (22 years) since I was at RA in the Viper. But by the end of yesterday's last session, I had managed to beat my previous best by about 0.5 sec. So I guess that means I'm both Older AND Faster than ever!

Ralph Gilles and Ben Keating

55 drivers took part in the event in Race and Time Trial groups

·
Landscaping Professional
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are published schedule, names, numbers and times. Missing final Race Group session.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This is video from Josef Lotz in the 01 TA-1 Gen 5 (no wing/splitter). After he passed the green ACR-E on Michelin slicks, I was the next one up on the back third of the course. At least is wasn't me that cost him 2+ seconds on a hot lap. The world goes by fast at 130-150 mph!

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
Looks like a great weekend, either you got a better run coming out of the last corner or your "new" engine is extremely healthy I thought he was going to catch you a lot faster than he did going up the hill

Reactions: GTS Dean

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,689 Posts
This is video from Josef Lotz in the 01 TA-1 Gen 5 (no wing/splitter). After he passed the green TA-2, I was the next one up on the back third of the course. At least is wasn't me that cost him 2+ seconds on a hot lap. The world goes by fast at 130-150 mph!

BadASS!

·
Registered
614 Posts
This is video from Josef Lotz in the 01 TA-1 Gen 5 (no wing/splitter). After he passed the green TA-2, I was the next one up on the back third of the course. At least is wasn't me that cost him 2+ seconds on a hot lap. The world goes by fast at 130-150 mph!

Looks like a blast and hoping you are having a great time!

·
Landscaping Professional
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Other than a soft brake pedal near the end of session 3, the car was pretty solid all weekend. Bled the brakes between S3 and S4 and final laps were great.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Excellent! Great for you,,,

Reactions: GTS Dean

·
Landscaping Professional
14,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There was a young photographer in the paddock shooting videos and taking photos the whole time. He was just gaga over the Vipers there. He got this great shot of my car, and one of Ralph Gilles' ACR-E:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T
1 - 12 of 12 Posts