Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SRT Competition Coupe is finally on the Pole, leading all contenders for the Portland Intl. Raceway's hosting of tommorrow's World Challenge Race. Tommy Archer snared the Pole for the Viper,but a scant .010 seconds, but heh,we aren't playing horseshoes. Let's hope Tommy can carry us to our second win ( first win , of course, was by the late, great Paul Mumford at Laguna Seca last year ) and catapult himself up in the standings- I believe he is in second at present. The race will be on Sunday, but not telecast until August 1st. Others Vipers and Comp Coupes qualified as follows:

10th Tim Wiens
11th Jim McCann
15th Mike McCann
19th Bob Woodhouse
22nd Al Becerra ( GTS )

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, I finally get Speed Channel and figure I am all fixed up, and now I need to purchase Direct TV, to get the stuff I wanna watch , sooner. Thanks for posting the times and enjoy - I will probably have to watch how to rebuild a birdhouse on HGTV.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Archer is definitely a cool cucumber, and he seems to almost always be calm before a race.To say he has won so many races that it doesn't matter kind of misses the point with the folks that know him. He is surprisingly quiet most of the time, and the magical word is " Focused." He wanted this win as bad as anyone, and as an Elder Statesman, it only illustrates the talent he does have. Bingo,on the tiny little tires the heaviest car in the Series has to run, and amazing the Viper could do as well - correct in that it was driver skill. Hopefully , next year, there will be some parity in tire sizes, as this is the main limiting factor (in my estimation ) with the Comp Coupe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.