Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1321 - 1340 of 3058 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
The conclusion seems to be that their are only three ways to really effect any change:
1. By changing the bylaws
2. By changing the attitude of the present BOD Members
3. By commencing some type of legal action

The bylaw route requires at least 30% of the members.
The BOD route requires new members to be voted to the Board. Too late for this year and realistically an almost impossible task.
Legal action seems to be the most viable option, but I've raised that possibility several times in the past with no response.
That leaves us with the quote from the rental car girl in Planes, Trains and Automobiles.
"You're fucked".

If the current leaders have truly seen the light, let them reopen the bylaws thread and do an honest, open and fair re-examination by all.
Regions could also succeed and break away from the National club which I know HAS been talked about in many regions. I believe the Oregon Club has already done this.

·
Premium Member
19,140 Posts
Regions could also succeed and break away from the National club which I know HAS been talked about in many regions. I believe the Oregon Club has already done this.

So all the regions break away, align themselves with Janni/Maurice, calling it Vipernationunited.com. SRT sponsors it, we now have a viable, honest fun club again. :thumbs2:

By the way, Did the recording ever get put up on youtube?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
So all the regions break away, align themselves with Janni/Maurice, calling it Vipernationunited.com. SRT sponsors it, we now have a viable, honest fun club again. :thumbs2:
I'm not sure the Kansas region would break away :lol:

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Yeah what happened to the audio? Was planning on having some fun with that.

·
Registered
23,121 Posts
what is the story on the SECOND letter i read about on the vca site ?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
So lets all just face reality here. Nothing is going to change, they let things go quiet and they will just try and let all of this blow over, which will happen unless things get stirred up again.

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
I believe that the most recent bylaw rewrite allows the BoD to change them and not the 30% member vote.

Also - I don't think this is gonna blow over. Too many folks that supported the current admin have been burned too badly. Loyalty is gone for those folks.

Reactions: sundiego

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
Local union sends out the monthly newsletter (more of a book) to the members and on page three is the balance sheet.

That is one thing they should have had on the site for any paid member to see. Yes you can still BS it, but that will be difficult to do monthly before someone questions it and at least it is available BS'ed or not.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
what is the story on the SECOND letter i read about on the vca site ?
There IS another letter but I don't believe it's what they are referring to on the VCA site, it's MUCH worse. Its' 8 pages long and written by a former VCA president.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
There IS another letter but I don't believe it's what they are referring to on the VCA site, it's MUCH worse. Its' 8 pages long and written by a former VCA president.
Written by Marv perhaps?. Or one of the many other former upstanding kool-aid purveyors.?

·
VCA Medal of Honor winner
448 Posts
I believe that the most recent bylaw rewrite allows the BoD to change them and not the 30% member vote.

Also - I don't think this is gonna blow over. Too many folks that supported the current admin have been burned too badly. Loyalty is gone for those folks.
You are correct. The board can pretty much do as they please. The 30% requirement is what the general members would need to make any changes. It will NOT blow over. If the existing board can't be swayed to redo the bylaws, the outsider (30%) approach is the only option.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Yes.
Lee has lawyered up and things have gotten more complicated.
But real changes are coming. Good honest people are at work.
Its sad that you can dick up a car club so bad that you have to "lawyer up".

Hahaha a car club hahahahaha

Reactions: MTGTS

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes.
Lee has lawyered up and things have gotten more complicated.
But real changes are coming. Good honest people are at work.
As I've said before, these guys have done something terrible IMO. That is why they have been so reluctant to give up power. A new administration might discover what they've done and send them all to jail.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

·
Registered
23,121 Posts
im sure it is... lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
The 8 page letter must be posted to give the membership the full story behind the Chrysler letter.

1321 - 1340 of 3058 Posts