Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't turned my 2000 RT/10 in about four weeks (I live in NJ). I went to go run the engine a day ago and couldn't even open the doors. The alarm light isn't even blinking. I did not leave anything running (lights, cd, etc.) within the past four weeks.

Is the battery really shot or does it get disabled over time? Otherwise, it's a pain in the neck to get the battery out...

Pat

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
PLacsina said:
I haven't turned my 2000 RT/10 in about four weeks (I live in NJ). I went to go run the engine a day ago and couldn't even open the doors. The alarm light isn't even blinking. I did not leave anything running (lights, cd, etc.) within the past four weeks.

Is the battery really shot or does it get disabled over time? Otherwise, it's a pain in the neck to get the battery out...

Pat
If that's your original battery, then you're lucky it lasted this long. I replaced mine under warranty.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you hook a battery maintainer after every drive and use an Optima, I bet you'll get a hell of alot more years than 2 on it.

Problem is our Vipers drain the battery so freaking much it beats the hell out of them. The battery maintainer (about $40) solves that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.