Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the fog light areas on an ACR open, or blocked with an insert of some kind?

I'm thinking about ditching my fogs. The lenses break constantly, and I can't imagine Dodge is going to replace them under warranty forever -- and since they come as a huge single piece, the replacement retails for something like $400. Stupid.

I dug up a few ACR pix, but nothing I found showed a clear shot into that area.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
McGuireV10 said:
Are the fog light areas on an ACR open, or blocked with an insert of some kind?

I'm thinking about ditching my fogs. The lenses break constantly, and I can't imagine Dodge is going to replace them under warranty forever -- and since they come as a huge single piece, the replacement retails for something like $400. Stupid.

I dug up a few ACR pix, but nothing I found showed a clear shot into that area.
They have black inserts...and a replacement fog is only $150ish...Have you considered using some 3M ScotchCal clear film on them? Like the stuff that Clear Bra is made of?

·
Premium Member
19,236 Posts
Where can i get some of this clear tape? I just replaced my driverside at a cost of $185.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Many companies make them specifically for cars, but they are more expensive. But, any good, clear Lexan film with adhesive backing will do. Also, there is clear vinyl with adhesive. Decal mfg,s. Fast Sign, and maybe even Kinko's. Also, any motorcross supply house will sell cut-it-yourself number plate covers - they are good & thick!

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hadn't thought about using something like 3M on them.

As for the pricing -- I've been getting them under warranty, but the last time I picked up a replacement (I think I'm on my fourth one) I just asked for the price and the guy said $400. This is a regular old Dodge dealership I've been going to for many years, and I've never been screwed on price by them before, so I'm not inclined to suspect they're padding the price on something as obscure as this.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
McGuireV10 said:
I hadn't thought about using something like 3M on them.

As for the pricing -- I've been getting them under warranty, but the last time I picked up a replacement (I think I'm on my fourth one) I just asked for the price and the guy said $400. This is a regular old Dodge dealership I've been going to for many years, and I've never been screwed on price by them before, so I'm not inclined to suspect they're padding the price on something as obscure as this.

I got a drivers side lamp from Tator's for $157 with free shipping, two years ago, they may have gone slightly higher since then...but no way they are $400...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts