Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much less is a Viper -00 worth compared to 96-99 or 01-03 since it has
the cream puff engine and no ABS. The 01-03 at least has the ABS but still its
the cream puff engine. I have heard that i cost around $5000-6000 to fix the cream puff engine to be like the 96-99 engine and $8000-9000 to install ABS in a car which dont have ABS.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
2die4 said:
How much less is a Viper -00 worth compared to 96-99 or 01-03 since it has
the cream puff engine and no ABS. The 01-03 at least has the ABS but still its
the cream puff engine. I have heard that i cost around $5000-6000 to fix the cream puff engine to be like the 96-99 engine and $8000-9000 to install ABS in a car which dont have ABS.
Why are you asking? Are you considering serious aftermarket power adders??

I have a 2000 rt. The only difference is the cast versus forged pistons, as well as 6 degrees duration on the cam (i think). In any case, if you are keeping you car N/A it is not a problem. You might have a problem if you want to boost it heavily.

By the way, the fastest documented stock Viper was the 2000. I think it ran 11.77

Lotsa guys here have creampuffs. Use the search button I you will find tonnes of info :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
too much unnecessary concern about these "creampuffs" cast pistons. its not that big a deal.

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,669 Posts
packetjunkie said:
2000 also had Steel Grey, one of the best colors, IMHO...
Couldn't agree more. I wish they would have kept it rather than moving to the Graphite, which still isn't a bad color option for a later model year Viper, but not as appealing as Steel Grey.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So approx. how much rwhp can a Viper -00 take with a S/C like one from Roe Racing with 5 psi before it breaks ? Will it handle 600rwhp 650 or 700 rwhp ?
How fast do you think its possible to go 402m with say 600 rwhp in a Viper high 10s ?

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
PRVT JET said:
I know Roe is offering better pistons for the 00-02 cars for $1375.00, how much would the labor cost to have them installed?
Isaac, for you I am sure I can work out a real good deal :idea:
But you know, it may affect your warranty in some small way, but I still love ya :thumb:

·
Registered
698 Posts
ORIGINALGTS said:
PRVT JET said:
I know Roe is offering better pistons for the 00-02 cars for $1375.00, how much would the labor cost to have them installed?
Isaac, for you I am sure I can work out a real good deal :idea:
But you know, it may affect your warranty in some small way, but I still love ya :thumb:
They don't have to know, right?

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
But Isaac, the guilt I would feel, just think how bad I feel when something happens to "the other guys". :angel:
You oughta know me better'n that. :nuts:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.