Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VIDEO: DLM SC Viper vs Modded \'Busa

I finally ran my own 'Busa vs my DLM Viper /images/graemlins/gr_driving3.gifI rode the 'busa and a suprise guest appearance drove my Viper /images/graemlins/headbang.gif

DLM Viper vs Busa

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Re: VIDEO: DLM SC Viper vs Modded \'Busa

That was sweet !!!!! Car sounds nice !!!!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Awesome vid. Have you posted that on the busa forum yet? The last excuse was because a guy was wearing a backpack, he wasnt really racing. I wonder what this one will be. LOL

·
Registered
216 Posts

Awesome Video!

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts

That kicked ass!! Awesome video!

Austin

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

no don't post it over there... I'm not looking for every f00king person taking offense to it or calling me out.. the last video had many ppl pretty mad .. itain't gonna happen. /images/graemlins/smile.gif It was a simple run of the 'busa starting off in several gears vs the viper staring off in various gears.. Last 2 runs were close, 2nd gear roll ons. Just keeping the front end down on the bike with the throttle... TQ of the viper wins after about 100-120 (4th gear of the Viper)
Lots of things could have been diffent. The Viper could have shifted faster in the 2-3. On the bike, I might have been able to nail it harder in 2nd (MAYBE as the front end would have come up how much, who knows, I was on the threshold there)...

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

Very nice. I have a question: I have 3:54 gears on my car and I reach redline (and need to shift) a lot quicker than you're going through on your car there -- is there a reason for this? Do you have different gears that would make that kind of difference?

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts

I don't believe it

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

superbar said:
Very nice. I have a question: I have 3:54 gears on my car and I reach redline (and need to shift) a lot quicker than you're going through on your car there -- is there a reason for this? Do you have different gears that would make that kind of difference?
Of cours you go thru gears quicker, you just said you had 3:54's. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
I have stock gears, 3:07 (?) makes for long, long hard pulls... we had to granny shift 2-3...don't want to hit the dreaded 2-1 shift on accident. He was absolutly NAILING 3-4 (when he hit it! haha)

Driving both hard as I do I can tell you the bike pulls JUST as hard as the Viper, but the viper absolutley pulls like a fucking raped aped through the ENTIRE RPM band, faster you go, harder it pulls. The 'busa's TQ seems to level out while the viper just keeps pulling.

Gerald

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

AH, I thought you had changed out your gears. Good to know. Adding a Supercharger to my car with the gears I have would prolly be a pain, wouldn't it?

How much HP you making to the rear wheels? 800+ right?

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts

I've got a cable modem but DAIL UP USERS BEWARE!! Awesome vid!! :bowdown:

·
Registered
917 Posts

Unbelievable....The bike guys will never believe it....They will probably have a problem with his tuck in at speed and what not....No denying that Viper is FAAAAAST..Whats even more incredible is that the Busa is modded...Woah...Dem DLM cars are ridiculous :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

Snakebitten, you are absolutely right. They are the worst when it comes to seeing one of their bikes getting spanked. Only saw discussions on one of the Busa sites, but not the main .org site. Geralds, sounds like the might send up a 'representative' to race you. That would be fun. This time, perhaps you can have some small girl or guy in your car with you video taping it so we can see the whole thing and not just the side of the window, this way they can't argue about tucks, or shifting or anything else, as we can see it all.

Here is the link:

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007195

And here are the posts for those of you who can't get to the site:

Video shows a supercharged Viper vs. a stock Busa from various gear rolls. From 2nd, it's pretty close, but from 3rd on, the busa gets walked. What do you think?

By the way, not my car or my Bike. Just posting for your opinions. Seems legit enough for a normal bike rider and a normal car driver (no power shifting, etc.)

BUSA GETTING OWNED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 16 | From: San Diego | Registered: Jul 2003 | IP: Logged

Speedy Gonzales
old ass member
Member # 232

posted July 20, 2003 06:13 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm certainly not trying to be a whiner here - seems like they were some pretty good runs, however, it seems that everytime the Viper "smoked" the Busa there was a Ford truck and some other frigging blue car in his lane. I just don't see the Busa rider pushing the bike hard enough. The couple of times he does nail it right the Busa is taking off quite rapidly compared to the Viper.

Personally I have smoked a (stock?)Viper and my bike is as stock as out of a crate. I just don't see the rider trying hard enough in this video.

Good video though.
Posts: 205 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2002 | IP: Logged

ViperBusaOwner
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2786

posted July 20, 2003 06:19 AM
Remember, it was a supercharged Viper. A stock Busa will beat a stock anything, so the deal was to see if from a rolling start the Busa could hang with the super charged Viper through various gears. From 2nd gear through about half of 3rd gear, the Busa did good. After that, it pretty much... lost. Pretty fair, guys.

FullTilt

old ass member
Member # 77

posted July 20, 2003 06:20 AM
I'm curious about why you choose to post that here. We all like videos, and there is no question the car is a fast motherfucker. But generally, you don't jump into a nest of snakes and tell them all that vipers are inferior, do you?

Be nice to see you line up with a Busa owner who wasn't part of the Dodge Club. That would shut many people up if you prevailed in that kind of situation.

Plenty of board members in FL, many of them friendly. Arrange a little get together and bring your camera, yes?

--------------------
K

Posts: 646 | From: Los Angeles, 364 days a year of riding weather and roads designed by GOD | Registered: Oct 2002 | IP: Logged

Speedy Gonzales
old ass member
Member # 232

posted July 20, 2003 06:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ViperBusaOwner:
Remember, it was a supercharged Viper. A stock Busa will beat a stock anything, so the deal was to see if from a rolling start the Busa could hang with the super charged Viper through various gears. From 2nd gear through about half of 3rd gear, the Busa did good. After that, it pretty much... lost. Pretty fair, guys.

There's no question that the car in the video is one fast sumbitch. But my point is that after seeing the video I can't quite convince myself that the Busa rider is riding the bike 100% and if that really is the case then its not a fair comparison.

If he is, then I stand corrected and the Busa stands smoked.

PS: I really think you should look into Fulltilts's offer - I think something should be arrangeable in San Diego too if that is the staging arena. Also, if you really want to go down supercharged avenue then you might want to compare that car to one of Motorhead's monsters. That would give you more of an apples to apples comparisons.
Posts: 205 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2002 | IP: Logged

suzuki4life
old ass member
Member # 302

posted July 20, 2003 06:34 AM
So here we are again. Let's see how much money we can throw at a car to beat the Mighty Busa. Damn guys give it a rest.
Facts are facts.
Stock for stock our bikes SPANK you.
Dime for dime our bikes destroy you.
Its reality!
Deal with it.

Oh yeah, here snakey snakey!!! i'd be happy to run any ole dodge copperhead,rattler,viper thingie.
Posts: 945 | From: Gettysburg,Pa | Registered: Oct 2002 | IP: Logged

slamminbusa

old ass member
Member # 970

posted July 20, 2003 07:22 AM
SO, that bike with that set up can run a 9.40 1/4 mile with a good rider. Can that supercharged Viper run close to that? If so, post the damn slip....Why do we continue to do these "half ass" challenges? Cars in the road, can't see the bike half the time....This is what the dragstrip is for!! Bring that monster Viper to our track and be prepared to get beat...
Posts: 274 | From: BYRON, IL | Registered: Nov 2002 | IP: Logged

jrrendon
BUSAOWNER
Member # 2486

posted July 20, 2003 07:46 AM
Hey viper. Check it out. Over on the schwinn site there is a viper getting ass tooled by a tricycle.. The tricycle is stock.

P.S. there was noone in the viper, but who cares. Blaaa blaaaaa blaaaaa.
Posts: 56 | From: Alabama | Registered: May 2003 | IP: Logged

Dwight-PA
POST WHORE
Member # 69

posted July 20, 2003 07:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by suzuki4life:
Damn guys give it a rest.
Facts are facts.
Stock for stock our bikes SPANK you.
Dime for dime our bikes destroy you.
Its reality!
Deal with it.

Yup!

Houston_Rider
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2459

posted July 20, 2003 09:30 AM
I don't think that Busa rider was hitting it like he expected to be beat. It looks like he's not tucking in like he's going to hit 150 ....

he pulled the first time, but the Viper caught up as fast as the Busa pulled? not sure. I've never seen a car catch up to me after I've started pulling...
Posts: 13 | From: Houston | Registered: May 2003 | IP: Logged

JohnnyCheese

POST WHORE
Member # 7

posted July 20, 2003 09:46 AM

quote:
Video shows a supercharged Viper vs. a stock Busa from various gear rolls. From 2nd, it's pretty close, but from 3rd on, the busa gets walked. What do you think?

By the way, not my car or my Bike. Just posting for your opinions. Seems legit enough for a normal bike rider and a normal car driver (no power shifting, etc.)

BUSA GETTING OWNED

My opinion quit posting this crap and go to your car board and you can act like a baby.
Here only one thing matters start/finish line and like mods or it is like saying....
My Supercharged twin turbo NOS Viper VS. the SR71 rollons from mach 1 and the Viper loses Big F'ing deal quit posting loser

--------------------
Builder and tuner of the fastest Hayabusa in Central Texas

Johnnycheese Performance 512-990-0686

Posts: 1165 | From: Round Rock Texas | Registered: Oct 2002 | IP: Logged

Busa for hire
POST WHORE
Member # 314

posted July 20, 2003 10:07 AM
this really is stupid but how about a dead stop start? (then how about a fininsh line?) How about no traffic? Lastly how about a busa owner that wants the Busa to win?
I couldn't even watch the whole thing (Network trouble) So i'm going off what everyone is saying about the conditions of the race.

--------------------
01 blk/gry busa ti-force, yosh cams,RC component wheels, air shifter etc polished up nice. [email protected]

Posts: 1552 | From: Mishawaka IN | Registered: Oct 2002 | IP: Logged

BiggerDanno

POST WHORE
Member # 17

posted July 20, 2003 10:12 AM
I'm running out of popcorn...

--------------------
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...John Barrymore

Posts: 1095 | From: SoCal, where all the women are fine and the bikes are fast... | Registered: Oct 2002 | IP: Logged

WILLIAM BUSA

MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2037

posted July 20, 2003 11:06 AM
Yep, that busa got owned. But it wasn't my bike, nor was I riding. So to me, the busa RIDER got owned, not the bike itself. I agree with speedy. He didn't look like he was hitting it at 100%. But your point is well taken. Somebody got owned by the viper!
Posts: 45 | From: Arkansas, USA | Registered: Mar 2003 | IP: Logged

Kurtiss

BUSAOWNER
Member # 2741

posted July 20, 2003 11:22 AM
I knew guys like this back in high school.

It doesn't take a real thinker to realize why a kid in a Subaru WRX can beat an old lady in a top-fuel funny car, whilst drag racing.

The irony here is that you'd think someone who has dumped $80,000 extra into a rednecky Viper would be able to beat a Hayabusa in a fair contest.
Posts: 50 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2003 | IP: Logged

Oilheadron
old ass member
Member # 66

posted July 20, 2003 12:22 PM
This looks more like a "hey, I know what, let's try to make a video that seems to show that my car can easily outrun a piped Busa!" It wouldn't matter to me a bit if that car can smoke a Busa or not (I'd love to take a ride in it!!), but that video ain't it. The Busa rider isn't too convincing at all is he.

I'm going to make one this afternoon that proves that my 1973 Honda CL70 can pull a Busa through at least 3rd gear.

--------------------
It's interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry...

Oilheadron
old ass member
Member # 66

posted July 20, 2003 12:34 PM
P.S. I'm in Northern AL and would LOVE to run ANY fast car of any kind. Viper, rice rocket, anything. And I can travel a little too! Not all the way to Atlanta for example, but maybe Birmingham or Nashville (meet you halfway on I-65??).

Come on guys! If you smoke my non-NOS, non-Turbo, piped-only '99 it'll be fun for everybody, even me, and I'll be delighted to tell everybody here about it. And you can be certain that you have actually beaten a good Busa ridden with bad intentions.

Takers?????

--------------------

JohnnyCheese

POST WHORE
Member # 7

posted July 20, 2003 12:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Oilheadron:
This looks more like a "hey, I know what, let's try to make a video that seems to show that my car can easily outrun a piped Busa!" It wouldn't matter to me a bit if that car can smoke a Busa or not (I'd love to take a ride in it!!), but that video ain't it. The Busa rider isn't too convincing at all is he.

I'm going to make one this afternoon that proves that my 1973 Honda CL70 can pull a Busa through at least 3rd gear.

Ain't that the truth

--------------------

RAC4IT

BUSAOWNER
Member # 1130

posted July 20, 2003 01:46 PM
Are you f'ing kidding me that was the worst riding I've ever seen on a busa; why is that guy reaching for the clutch! Race a busa rider with some reasonable skills and the outcome will be much different. Pathetic!
That my friends is a typical "11-second" rider on a Hayabusa. I see those types at the track all the time how embarrasing (for the makers of that video) why would you want people to see your lack of ability like that?
Posts: 57 | From: IN FRONT OF YOU ON THE STREETS AND AT THE TRACK! GOT 8S? | Registered: Nov 2002 | IP: Logged

srmbusa
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2736

posted July 20, 2003 01:54 PM
Hmmmm-take a viper gts at 3300 lbs, add two people (one driving, one filming 180lbs each) total weight for viper at 3660. Take rwhp of tubo charged viper at 600rwhp and you get weight to power ratio 6.1. Apply the same formula to the busa 700 pounds for bike and driver, and 160 rwhp gets a weight to power ratio of 4.37 (that's one rwhp pushing 4.37 pounds compared to one rwhp pushing 6.1 pounds) Do the math viper guys, the laws of physics say you're full of shit.
Posts: 13 | From: tampa,fl | Registered: Jul 2003 | IP: Logged

Oilheadron
old ass member
Member # 66

posted July 20, 2003 01:57 PM
Definitely. Isn't that car supercharged though?? What about NOS? How much hp is it likely to have at the wheels?

--------------------

srmbusa
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2736

posted July 20, 2003 02:18 PM
Whether supercharged or turbocharged the results are usually around 600 rwhp. Stock viper gts is around 400 rwhp.

ViperBusaOwner
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2786

posted July 20, 2003 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RAC4IT:
Are you f'ing kidding me that was the worst riding I've ever seen on a busa; why is that guy reaching for the clutch! Race a busa rider with some reasonable skills and the outcome will be much different. Pathetic!
That my friends is a typical "11-second" rider on a Hayabusa. I see those types at the track all the time how embarrasing (for the makers of that video) why would you want people to see your lack of ability like that?

Damn Rac4it, you is one sorry ass pup. The original post said it wasn't about the best rider vs the best driver. The car driver wasn't the best either as he wasn't power shifting -- so what?

Why don't you go out and film yourself smoking some of these Supercharged cars and show us what you can do then. Sheeesh. Blah Blah, Blah Blah Blah!

ViperBusaOwner
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2786

posted July 20, 2003 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by srmbusa:
Hmmmm-take a viper gts at 3300 lbs, add two people (one driving, one filming 180lbs each) total weight for viper at 3660. Take rwhp of tubo charged viper at 600rwhp and you get weight to power ratio 6.1. Apply the same formula to the busa 700 pounds for bike and driver, and 160 rwhp gets a weight to power ratio of 4.37 (that's one rwhp pushing 4.37 pounds compared to one rwhp pushing 6.1 pounds) Do the math viper guys, the laws of physics say you're full of shit.

Oh, now you know how much Horsepower the car has, do you? Wow! Actually, I believe it is about 50% more than what you are claiming, but whatever. You also didn't factor is a bunch of of shit, like wind resistance and the fact that the Viper doesn't like to come off the ground, so you can mash the pedal as hard as you want.

Viper owner picked up two hooter girls after the race while Busa rider with his helmet hair went to supermarket for some vaseline.

Oilheadron
old ass member
Member # 66

posted July 20, 2003 02:27 PM

quote:
Why don't you go out and film yourself smoking some of these Supercharged cars and show us what you can do then. Sheeesh. Blah Blah, Blah Blah Blah!

Hey, here I am!! I'm ready!

If the Busa rider went to get some Vaseline it was probably because he had a date that night.

--------------------

Oilheadron
old ass member
Member # 66

posted July 20, 2003 02:30 PM
I actually suspect that Rac4it could probably take almost any Viper in the country.

--------------------

srmbusa
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2736

posted July 20, 2003 02:31 PM
Something else to consider. They've got more money tied into that supercharger than you paid for your bike.

Oilheadron
old ass member
Member # 66

posted July 20, 2003 02:32 PM
By the way, the Viper definitely has more aero drag than a Busa. A much better Cd for sure, but way more total drag for sure.

--------------------

srmbusa
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2736

posted July 20, 2003 02:41 PM
I guess I could take my z06 and spend 30 grand to have a tt 427 installed and street race unsuspecting hayabusas or vipers for that matter. What's your point?

ViperBusaOwner
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2786

posted July 20, 2003 02:48 PM
A few of you who posted gave props where props were deserved. The rest of you seem grumpy any time someone mentions that a car could possible beat a bike -- your bike. It DOES take a lot of money to make a car as fast or faster than the world's fastest production bike -- we all know that. When that happens and you have a car that is not only faster, but can out handle it and you can eat and talk on the phone while hauling ass, it's all cool.

Be happy for the rider -- on any other bike, it would have been smoked even worse. That car is known for taking down bike riders.

quote:
Something else to consider. They've got more money tied into that supercharger than you paid for your bike.

ViperBusaOwner
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2786

posted July 20, 2003 02:50 PM

quote:
I guess I could take my z06 and spend 30 grand to have a tt 427 installed and street race unsuspecting hayabusas or vipers for that matter. What's your point?

Nope, you would still have Busa owners complaining that the rider was no good, or why was he raching for a clutch or complaining about something else. At least in the Viper Forums, people will tell other Viper owners they will get smoked when they mention going out and trying to race a Hayabusa. It just so happens that this one car is faster.

firebusa
old ass member
Member # 1028

posted July 20, 2003 02:51 PM
Enough bullshit, a video at a sanctioned track is in order. Really, the first vid you posted was somewhat believable. Ive driven fast cars, and I tell you what when you open up 1st gear on a busa and your ass is sliding to the back of the seat its akward watching a car pull harder than that.

At this point I dont know if this vid is real or if the rider of the busa wasnt pushing the bike. Like some others have suggested, get a busa rider not a viper owner to ride the thing at a track against that same car.

I mean really, a car pulling on a busa that hard is really unbelievable. Even 750 rwhp, its still difficult to believe. With that much power you would think it would be an even match not the viper pulling away like that.

And the fact that the car was even getting the power to the ground was troubling. I used to spin my 315's really easy with a mild 500 at the wheels. That car was only good for an [email protected] with a 1.8 60ft. on ET streets.

And I had that car as light as it could be, close to a viper at 3420 on a scale. Dynabatt battery, sound deadining removed, spare tire/jack removed, chromoly A arms/K member, 2 gallons of gas., no back seat.

I mean a stock hayabusa will do a low 10 with traction problems at a high 130 low 140 mph easy. I dont know the numbers might add up but its still really hard to imagine it pulling on a busa like that.

Time to post round 3 at a track and if the outcome is the same I will personally come to the viper site and state "vipers own busa's".
Posts: 290 | From: hawaii | Registered: Nov 2002 | IP: Logged

JohnnyCheese

POST WHORE
Member # 7

posted July 20, 2003 03:00 PM

quote:

quote:

Damn Rac4it, you is one sorry ass pup. The original post said it wasn't about the best rider vs the best driver. The car driver wasn't the best either as he wasn't power shifting -- so what?

Funny you should say that I DID and guess what no car drivers including Walser wanted to make it FAIR
The only way they would race is with no starting line (they got the move) and no finish line the stop when they are ahead
Stll a BUSA won
Not grumpy just pissed off at cars guys not wanting to be fair.

--------------------

ViperBusaOwner
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2786

posted July 20, 2003 03:12 PM
A rolling race from 20MPH (to kill some of the traction issues that might arise) to 150MPH would be a decent race, I think.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyCheese:

quote:

quote:

Funny you should say that I DID and guess what no car drivers including Walser wanted to make it FAIR
The only way they would race is with no starting line (they got the move) and no finish line the stop when they are ahead
Stll a BUSA won

Oilheadron
old ass member
Member # 66

posted July 20, 2003 03:12 PM
Seriously, that video might be compelling evidence to a hormonal 10th grader but to folks who were street racing long before the kids in the video were born?? Hmmm...probably not!

Where do they get the fargin' money for those things anyway?? That doesn't look like a particularly affuent neighborhood.

I NEED to race one of these things. I DON'T even care if it wins.

--------------------

Oilheadron
old ass member
Member # 66

posted July 20, 2003 03:15 PM
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007196

[email protected]

--------------------

Narcissus

POST WHORE
Member # 212

posted July 20, 2003 03:33 PM
I have a very, very big penis and can make it erect in .72 seconds faster than ANY Viper owner. From a dead stop, rollon, you name it, I can beat all! I have the video to prove it, too.

--------------------
'The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. -- Mark Twain

Posts: 1898 | From: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: Oct 2002 | IP: Logged

suzuki4life
old ass member
Member # 302

posted July 20, 2003 03:41 PM

quote:
A rolling race from 20MPH (to kill some of the traction issues that might arise) to 150MPH would be a decent race, I think.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyCheese:

quote:

quote:

Stll a BUSA won

rolling from 20-150mph. I'll run ya. Bring cash, LOTS OF IT.

Todd

BUSAOWNER
Member # 20

posted July 20, 2003 03:41 PM
That video is much better than the other one.

IMO - even if the Busa rider was sandbagging a bit or not a good rider, the outcome would have been similiar under those conditions / roll-ons.

That particular SC Viper is making serious power and I will acknowledge that.

A monster V-10 with forced induction and a lot of time/money could be capable of such a feat as this - no?!

I don't think we should scream about 1/4 mile this and 1/4 mile that since no one is making claims about that. I would assume that is unknown at this point.

Displacement is nearly 500 CI [stock]. New Vipers displace OVER 500 CI.[8.3L!]

It appears to be one hell of a ride!

--------------------
1397cc of Effortless Performance
Hayabusa vs ZX-12 head to head worldwide: http://myweb.cableone.net/toddshelton/testdata.html

Posts: 149 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Oct 2002 | IP: Logged

ViperBusaOwner
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2786

posted July 20, 2003 03:57 PM
Well said Todd. The guy didn't build his car to race at tracks (from what I understand.) He did it for fun and to beat up on those who dare rev up on him while tooting around the state. I think most of us with fast vehicles make them faster for us, not so that we can take them to a 1/4 mi track (at least I don't.)

That 5 year old car spanked a brand new Busa. Simple as that. Put the best rider in here in that bike and it quite possibly would have been a different outcome. But then again, that was the 1st time that guy was driving that Viper (the owner was on the Bike.) Put the best Viper driver in that car, and I think the outcome would be the same again, even with one of you on it.

quote:
Originally posted by Todd:
That video is much better than the other one.

IMO - even if the Busa rider was sandbagging a bit or not a good rider, the outcome would have been similiar under those conditions / roll-ons.

That particular SC Viper is making serious power and I will acknowledge that.

A monster V-10 with forced induction and a lot of time/money could be capable of such a feat as this - no?!

I don't think we should scream about 1/4 mile this and 1/4 mile that since no one is making claims about that. I would assume that is unknown at this point.

Displacement is nearly 500 CI [stock]. New Vipers displace OVER 500 CI.

It appears to be one hell of a ride!

srmbusa
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2736

posted July 20, 2003 03:59 PM
When this thread was started no reference was made to dyno, only that it was supercharged. An average supercharged viper (around 600 rwhp) would still lose to the busa. If you're claiming that the viper is putting out 900 sae on the dyno then story becomes more believable (and makes me wonder why you didn't start out by including that important piece of info). If you've ever driven a busa you'll have a hard time imagining that anything could run faster. In fact I still think he was sandbagging a little on the busa.

suzuki4life
old ass member
Member # 302

posted July 20, 2003 03:59 PM
VIPERBUSAOWNER. Put up or shut up. I offered to run you 20-150mph roll. My bike is little compared to some here.

firebusa
old ass member
Member # 1028

posted July 20, 2003 04:16 PM
Hold up! You say the owner of the viper was on the bus??? Dude get the fuck out of here, no wonder that guy wasnt even tucked. The scenery was going by at a decent rate but it was hard to believe the viper was pulling on the bike and now I know why, you just ended the convesation with that little tid bit of info bro.

"The owner of the viper was on the bike, and the guy driving the viper was his 1st time".

Ok dude, that tells me this vid is full of shit, anyone to just jump in a viper with 750+ rwhp and drive it without going sideways in 3rd gear has to be a Jeff Gordan ass mofo.

Take it to a track, up against a guy who owns and rides a stock hayabusa with a pipe, or if your really brave a air filter too and lets see this go down fair.

See thats the thing with our bikes, 100rwhp in a car is like 20rwhp on a bike. So a busa with a air filter, header, and tuning should be good for a 1000hp viper with a $15k in the motor alone.
Posts: 290 | From: hawaii | Registered: Nov 2002 | IP: Logged

Oilheadron
old ass member
Member # 66

posted July 20, 2003 04:23 PM
That video should be titled "A couple of buddies out tooling around with a fast car and a fast bike". Todd, for once I gotta slightly disagree with you. No hard evidence to be had anywhere in that video.

Where is that car located by the way?? Surely we've got a decent rider from here somewhere nearby?

--------------------

ViperBusaOwner
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2786

posted July 20, 2003 04:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by suzuki4life:
VIPERBUSAOWNER. Put up or shut up. I offered to run you 20-150mph roll. My bike is little compared to some here.

Suzuki4life,

Grow a brain and read the original message. You will then see that I said it wasn't my car, so I certainly am not going to 'put up.' Another troll looking for a fight "just because." You getting enough air in that helmet of yours?

ViperBusaOwner
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2786

posted July 20, 2003 04:26 PM
The Viper owner owns both a Busa and a viper, so don't get all holier than thou.

Tires on the car are Khumo street legal tires, so they grip way better than the stock tires. Because of this, the Busa got waxed.

quote:
Originally posted by firebusa:
Hold up! You say the owner of the viper was on the bus??? Dude get the fuck out of here, no wonder that guy wasnt even tucked. The scenery was going by at a decent rate but it was hard to believe the viper was pulling on the bike and now I know why, you just ended the convesation with that little tid bit of info bro.

"The owner of the viper was on the bike, and the guy driving the viper was his 1st time".

Ok dude, that tells me this vid is full of shit, anyone to just jump in a viper with 750+ rwhp and drive it without going sideways in 3rd gear has to be a Jeff Gordan ass mofo.

Take it to a track, up against a guy who owns and rides a stock hayabusa with a pipe, or if your really brave a air filter too and lets see this go down fair.

See thats the thing with our bikes, 100rwhp in a car is like 20rwhp on a bike. So a busa with a air filter, header, and tuning should be good for a 1000hp viper with a $15k in the motor alone.

srmbusa
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2736

posted July 20, 2003 04:28 PM
I didn't notice that . The owner of the viper ( who has spent a ton to make the viper fast) hops on the busa to run against his own viper? The sandbagging theory has even more credibility now.

ViperBusaOwner
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2786

posted July 20, 2003 04:36 PM

quote:
I didn't notice that . The owner of the viper ( who has spent a ton to make the viper fast) hops on the busa to run against his own viper? The sandbagging theory has even more credibility now.

Sounds credible to me. Here is what is probably going through the woners mind:

"I have two fast toys, and I am curious if my new super charged beast can beat my super fast ass bike. My friend doesn't ride bikes, but he owns a Viper, so he should be OK drivin mine. Let's have him race me on my Bike and see what happens, since the last video I posted of me humiliating a Busa owner got laughed at because he was 'obviously' a squid for wearing a backback and shorts and wheelieng next to me after the race. Knowing the busa owners, they will probably still come up with excuses, but I will post it anyway."

There ya go. And who cares what he spent on the car -- whatever he spent on it, it's now a Busa owning vehicle... a conqueror of Suzuki's... a car that rapes Busa's left and right. On a bright day, Busa owners can see what they look like racing, by looking at the shiny glossy rear bumber reflection on the Viper.

The Suzuki EyeAbuser got obliterated in the video, AND it had mods on it too! BAHA! ACtually, I like the Busa a lot, even though it is now starting to look slow.

srmbusa
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2736

posted July 20, 2003 04:36 PM
Even if he owns both vehicles, if I was in his shoes having just spent a small fortune to make the viper run I might sandbag a little on the busa to prove to my buddies that it was money well spent on the viper.

Fragg

old ass member
Member # 73

posted July 20, 2003 04:37 PM
OK Let's pull some cash together and get one of our FL boys (say Superkaos) to do the trick.

Viper is your boy down for that??

I'm not taking away from that video I'm just tired of hearing everyone bitch.

Race someone from this board we will pull some cash together to make it worth while.

Waaasssupp?

my profile | register | search | faq | memberlist | forum home

Jump to new posts
» Hello, ViperBusaOwner [ log out ] SuzukiHayabusa.Org » GENERAL » Gen Discussion » OK, Busa definitely gets beat (by a Viper) in this newer video (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1 2
Author Topic: OK, Busa definitely gets beat (by a Viper) in this newer video
Todd

BUSAOWNER
Member # 20

posted July 20, 2003 04:39 PM
Ron - after watching it 3 or 4 times it appears to me that once they are up to a certain speed (I could only guess 130+?) the rate of acceleration for the Busa drops off compared to the Viper.

The camera is pointed out the side window of course - so all we see is the side of the road scenery. It's going by very quicky. Rows of houses flying by.

I don't know how much boost the SC is making or what pulley they are using but it sounds significant based on my SC and turbocharger experience and the amount of blowoff I can hear.

Viper owner on bike : my first thought was the same - he must be sandbagging. But as I thought about it more, I think he would probably try even harder to be sure and verify that his car was really doing so well?

The SC Viper just keeps pulling like a train even at higher speeds where the Busa's rate of acceleration began to slow in comparison.

As drag increases a car is going to have an advantage in that department even vs. a Busa.

It's a huge supercharged 8 liter V-10. They are capable of not only huge HP numbers but torque as well. And it's not just big peak numbers within a 2000 rpm range like a Supra.

--------------------
Hayabusa vs ZX-12 head to head worldwide: http://myweb.cableone.net/toddshelton/testdata.html

srmbusa
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2736

posted July 20, 2003 04:39 PM
BTW viperbusa, the more you talk the less believable you become

Oilheadron
old ass member
Member # 66

posted July 20, 2003 04:45 PM
The Busa's rate of acceleration doesn't so much seem to drop off as it seems like he threw out an anchor!!

Only one way to settle this one. So the car is in Florida?? Miami or some other godforsaken place in the tropics I suppose. Still, there's plenty of org guys way down there ready to accomodate him I would imagine.

--------------------

Todd

BUSAOWNER
Member # 20

posted July 20, 2003 04:47 PM
Maybe if we had the dyno numbers from the SC Viper we could let 11K crunch the numbers and give us his analysis?

I would be interested to hear what he comes up with.

--------------------

srmbusa
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2736

posted July 20, 2003 04:48 PM
Take a look at fulltilt's vegas video. I don't see any dropff after 130. I think that dropoff was at the hand of the driver

02SE
old ass member
Member # 444

posted July 20, 2003 04:49 PM

quote:
But then again, that was the 1st time that guy was driving that Viper (the owner was on the Bike.)

Like I said in your first thread, the video doesn't prove anything. The owner of the viper was riding the bike!, well there's no conflict of interest there . I have no problem with a car that can beat a bike, but in order to make a claim legitimate you need to get impartial and skilled people to operate both machines. Being a car guy as well as a bike guy, I think I can safely say, your making us all look bad with these erroneous claims.

--------------------
It's all ball bearings guys

Posts: 411 | From: the canyon's | Registered: Oct 2002 | IP: Logged

JohnnyCheese

POST WHORE
Member # 7

posted July 20, 2003 04:53 PM
It really is funny he hasn't quoted me due to he knows the truth.
Hahahahahaha
Like I posted before go back to your car board and pretend you are a God.

--------------------

Todd

BUSAOWNER
Member # 20

posted July 20, 2003 04:55 PM
The last run on the video is the best. They appear to start at near exactly the same time and it looks like the Busa is giving it all ...

--------------------

squirts1
old ass member
Member # 1412

posted July 20, 2003 04:56 PM
why is this viper guy even a member on this site?

the video looks pretty dumb to me... it's like the busa hits the gas then stops then the viper hits the gas then stops... they never hit it at the same time not even close...

and even if a blown or turbo-ified viper is quicker than a busa stock busa with maybe +15 HP total mods...

so what. put a turbo on a busa and then race. this fight should have ended before it began
Posts: 310 | From: st. petersburg florida | Registered: Dec 2002 | IP: Logged

Oilheadron
old ass member
Member # 66

posted July 20, 2003 04:58 PM
Get a clock and watch the video several times while watching the second hand. In the first run the Viper was on the boost for close to a full 10 seconds. It just doesn't make much sense. At the very least the Busa guy is an amateur and it looks like he started the runs in too tall a gear whether it was 2nd or whatever.

Rich kids playing with toys. That's all it is so far.

--------------------

Todd

BUSAOWNER
Member # 20

posted July 20, 2003 04:59 PM
On that last run if the Busa's shift is at redline from 2nd to 3rd then that's roughly 108 mph when the Viper starts to pull. If it's redline at 3rd and shifting to 4th then it's ~ 137 mph.

It's supposed to be 2nd according to the video that they start in. We can't see if a shift is made while the Busa is out of view but we do see a hard shift once it comes up to the window and passes the Viper. [3rd or 4th?]

Then the Viper catches it ...

Then we see a blue car in the right[Busa's] lane ....

Looks like a Dodge Diplomat.

Up to that point it appears the Busa was giving the Viper all she could handle ....

--------------------

Oilheadron
old ass member
Member # 66

posted July 20, 2003 05:08 PM
Nope. In the last run the Viper takes between 15 and 20 seconds just to get near the top of his fourth (I think I counted right). A good stock Busa would be going WAY over those speeds in that timeframe FROM A DEAD STOP, much less a roll.

P.S. Looked at it again, about 15 seconds.

--------------------

ViperBusaOwner
MY BIKES SLOW
Member # 2786

posted July 20, 2003 05:09 PM
Sounds good. Let's set it up. We're talking about a stock Busa (exhaust excluded) with a good rider, which is what the last video showed. This way we can see if the owner was sandbagging or not (which he wasn't.) Who in Florida is up for this? Money not needed -- just fun and a video to show both forums.

quote:
Originally posted by Fragg:
OK Let's pull some cash together and get one of our FL boys (say Superkaos) to do the trick.

Viper is your boy down for that??

I'm not taking away from that video I'm just tired of hearing everyone bitch.

Race someone from this board we will pull some cash together to make it worth while.

Waaasssupp?
--------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I won't accept any races, until my car gets upgraded in the near future. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif Im sure someone that knows how to launch a bike and ride one 100% perfect could probably beat me... who knows. I'm not trying to prove anything or start anything, just an entertaining video and if some ppl can't handle it, then they need to GROW up...

Gerald

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I tried to post at least 10x on that suzukihayabusa board but they WILL NOT email me a password after I sign up.. I don't understand... anyone have a username and pw I can use?

Gerald

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

That's cause they don't like you and yer videos! HA!

·
Registered
7,220 Posts

And great entertainment it was too! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

Man those machines are both smokin! :thumb:

Can't believe the bad blood on the bussa forum - it's not as if you claimed you would beat a Bussa on the 1/4 mile - those guys are not nice, I wouldn't worry about them - video speaks for itself.

I don't care how good their riders are - if you get a good clear highway - any roll on from the fat part of the torque curve in third gear on and they are owned. Drop the rear wing and it'll top end even quicker in the higher gears.

Here's to the Bussa forum guys for being such good sports /images/graemlins/bootyshake.gif

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

I particularly like this quote from them:

"So yeah, get an unbiased busa owner on his bike and do this at the track, oh the viper should be fine with those "Kumhos" too. Dude "Kumhos" suck, try Nitto 555 Rs or Firstone Firehawk SZ50 EP's, yeah I went through a few tires with my TA so I should know the brands that work and that dont."

·
Registered
3,494 Posts

The video played for like a minute for me. It stopped right after you finished listed the bikes mods. My media player says I lost my connection. Have turned pc off and on but continues to not connect.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts