Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

VID of my 03 Cobra vs buddies Vipers, GT2 porsche, Lightning, etc etc!!!!

3K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  hold tyte 
#1 ·
this is a must see vid! The wait for the download is worth it, trust me. This was posted before but it was not up for long. Check it out, it will be one of the best vids youve seen, I promise!!!!

Video, Right Click Save As

#6 ·
Re: VID of my 03 Cobra vs buddies Vipers, GT2 porsche, Lightning, etc etc!!

I'm in...with my 14.4 baud rate, it shouldn't take long. :)

#9 ·

The lightning is mine (421rwhp 500rwtq)
GT2 is ShankSRT's
silver Gen 2 GTS is Hold Tyte (headers, exhaust, smoothtubes)
Metalic Blue GTS (H+C)
Red GTS (Headers, exhaust, smooth tubes, rockers, light flywheel)
red '03 convertible cobra, bolt ons (~450-475rwhp in these vids)
who do i miss.

#11 ·

Now that's a damn video....great races

#13 ·

Twenty minutes and still counting.
You don't miss too many, like when the throttle stuck :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#16 ·

Not having a viper, but having a drag car, well, having had many drag cars, I find this debate kind of amusing in the "I don't have a dog in this fight" way- really, isn't the only way to compare these cars is to do it bone stock to bone stock? I had a rail with a SB mopar in it that would dust all these cars for less than a 10th of the money (whole thing cost me less than 10 grand in the 80s) - and I could just call the rail a "highly modified plymouth duster" - right?

I am impressed with the viper as a mopar lover more for it's all around abilities and brute force right off the showroom floor! If I ever do get a viper, I doubt I will modify it one bit- I have a drag car right now that will always beat the viper in the 1/4, depending on how much money I want to spend LOL My valiant runs 9s now, would run 8s for probably less than 5 grand more. Into the sevens for 20 grand, not including mandatory safety upgrades. However, nobody will argue that a 67 Valiant that originally was a grandmas car with a slant six is more of a sportscar than a Viper LOL

#17 ·

CruisingRam said:
Not having a viper, but having a drag car, well, having had many drag cars, I find this debate kind of amusing in the "I don't have a dog in this fight" way- really, isn't the only way to compare these cars is to do it bone stock to bone stock? I had a rail with a SB mopar in it that would dust all these cars for less than a 10th of the money (whole thing cost me less than 10 grand in the 80s) - and I could just call the rail a "highly modified plymouth duster" - right?

I am impressed with the viper as a mopar lover more for it's all around abilities and brute force right off the showroom floor! If I ever do get a viper, I doubt I will modify it one bit- I have a drag car right now that will always beat the viper in the 1/4, depending on how much money I want to spend LOL My valiant runs 9s now, would run 8s for probably less than 5 grand more. Into the sevens for 20 grand, not including mandatory safety upgrades. However, nobody will argue that a 67 Valiant that originally was a grandmas car with a slant six is more of a sportscar than a Viper LOL

can you drive it around town? does it help you get laid?? these are the important questions here...who cares who is faster than whom, it's what you're going home with at the end of the night that counts and i'm not talkin' bout tha car willis... :thumb: /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

#18 ·

Totally understand that line of reasoning, and agree with you completely- however, never having NEEDED car to get hot young chicks, well, okay, enough bragging there LOL

I love Vipers, think they are one of the greatest vehicles ever made, probably the pinnacle of performance and sex appeal of all time- but are they really drag race material? Seems to me autocrossing or something like that, or heck, 24 hours at Daytona, would be the ideal for these cars. A nine second ride and over in a viper is like a nine second ride and over on a blonde, only satisfying even for you for that nine seconds only LOL

#19 ·

You want speed and a rush...get a bike. put the cars down. Drag cars can certainly dust bikes on road courses, but you watn cheap speed with the best thrills, get a bike....

but yes, there are so many ways to look at this.

US News published an article discussing "why" people buy the cars they do. It boiled down to they buy them because of the way it makes them "feel" not necessarily because of one specific quality (gas mileage, off road, etc) so....

that's why i think viper enthusiasts are what they are because when you drive the car....jesus, it makes you feel GREAT.

#20 ·

tom86zt said:
Actually, once the vipers get near top of 4th and into 5th gear its over. Mustang can't hang with up top at all.
you are totally right about that... 4th and 5th gear they pulled REALLY hard on me.... not anymore though :smooch: I got sick of John beating me so I went out and made sure it wont happen again, I dont care up to what speed we go to anymore :thumb:

#21 ·

Super Squirrel said:
You want speed and a rush...get a bike. put the cars down. Drag cars can certainly dust bikes on road courses, but you watn cheap speed with the best thrills, get a bike....

but yes, there are so many ways to look at this.

US News published an article discussing "why" people buy the cars they do. It boiled down to they buy them because of the way it makes them "feel" not necessarily because of one specific quality (gas mileage, off road, etc) so....

that's why i think viper enthusiasts are what they are because when you drive the car....jesus, it makes you feel GREAT.
Ya, I guess a Haybusa would pretty much dust everything talked about here LOL- and my V65 Sabre will do 183 and will do 10.20s bone stock with a pro-rider on it (that probably wieghs 90lbs LOL)

Bikes are a silly quick way to kill yourself too!

#24 ·

the viper is not a drag car it is a total package car and the best damn total package out there, ever. combining top of the food chain power, outrageous head turning looks, sick performance capabilities, rareity in seeing them, and cost all combine to make it the best damn automobile ever.

especially a silver RT10

#25 ·

tom86zt said:
Yeah, JW warned me about that. I might move on from the truck next year. Its fun and all, but in the company I am surrounded by its just not enough.

Tom
Time to pick up a Hennessey SRT-10 Ram, smoke all those guys. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

#26 ·

tom86zt said:
Yeah, JW warned me about that. I might move on from the truck next year. Its fun and all, but in the company I am surrounded by its just not enough.

Tom
I might be able to get you a hook up on a kenne bell for your truck :thumb: PM me if you are interested! If not, what do you plan on getting into?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.