Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
November 13th. this is a good amount of time away so as to plan for it. if you live within reasonable driving distance. (ATCO is in NJ if im not mistaken)

the season is getting late fellas. this may be one of the last chances to have some fun before our buckets go into the garage and the 2004 race season is a memory. we cant all live in the land of eternal summer.

so far, the viper participation has been less than supportive in this event. i dont understand why as there are many of us who race. maybe too many egos?? I dont know, anyway, put november 13 on your calendar and get your asses to this event and lets show the vettes what vipers can do in the 1320. /images/graemlins/drive

·
Registered
52 Posts
ATCO is in NJ and only about 1 hour from my house.

I will be there, unfortunately I am stock, but on a cool day I still should pull off anywhere from 11.9s-12.1s.

Howard

·
Registered
24,393 Posts
im gonna see how my schedule is...id like to show up and give it a try.

only ran the viper (and any car) once on a track and didnt do too well....I'll give it another go.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stock or mod it doesnt matter; you will be in a class with equally powered buckets. itll come down to driver :thumb:

·
Banned
10,158 Posts
i will be there for sure. not sure if they will let me run, i may have to promise to only run the 1/8 because last outing at atco they werent too keen on my 128 mph pass with no roll cage (only hitting the button half 2nd gear and 3rd) plus a whole other laundry list of other saftey shit the track tech guy threw in my face. I made my track number 86 for this reason! by the way, posts have gone around how nhra rules have lowered the et allowed on street cars to 11.49 and higher but i will tell you now that atco doesnt recognize this yet. mainly because there insuance is too strict so you cant use that arguement with these guys. atco is only 10 minutes from my house so if you guys want to meet up there we can sho up looking strong. but i will tell you many friends of mine run there 03/04 cobras there on et slicks/skinnies some running high 10's low 11's with no roll cage or drive loops etc... and barely get bothered. if you tell the tech your sorry and the next pass you only intend to punch it to half track then get off they usually let you run even if you deside to go all out. the norm seems to be to take it easy your first couple passes then unlease the beast for the last runs of the night. my buddy ron (taximan1) on vac.org lives nearby also so i will get him to run his 01 gts as well.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no way im putting a cage in an RT10. however, i am working on a custom fab rollbar (as the only two available out there arent exactly much to brag about and cost about 50% more than they should). so, if im in low tens high nines and ive got a seatbelt...i assume youre saying i shouldnt bother to show up?? or can i get through "under radar" to play?

·
Banned
10,158 Posts
mojo, you can run her 1/8th track on the first couple passes, and like anywhere else, when you are ready to hang it up, blow a final pass down the track. they wont tell you to leave, just to park it up. but seriously. this was your posting and if you run that fast with no cage... there isnt a track in this country that would let you get by those times. so hope to see you there. like i said anyone interested in leaving from my house 10 minutes from the track is invited. -josh

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
I wish you guys luck at ATCO. Can I ask a favor? Can you bring back lots of smoked vettes. They teaste better that way. Remember SMOKED...not FRIED. I'm getting picky in my old age. /images/graemlins/wink

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
actually bro, my local IHRA track doesnt mind what i do. they enjoy having the viper there for attention. ahh well, im going to have to eventually comply with ******'s laws and do something for "safety". im cool with a rollbar and thats why im getting one asap but a cage in an RT10 will never happen in my car.

ill show up and see what happens, maybe since this is somewhat of a private event they will be a bit lax in tech. i guarantee i will be running it like i stole it. how long i get away with it is up to them /images/graemlins/drive

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ouch. well, i gotta try and be incognito then. ive noticed that at most tracks, if you dont act a fool, stay quiet, and slowly build into the real runs as the day goes on, you can get away with it. dont ask/dont tell.

·
Banned
10,158 Posts
good luck bro, my advise was stated above, i have plenty of friends like myself that dip low into the dangerzone, and we get shit for it each time, just talk nice to the fucking trailer trash tech inspector and he will let it slide if you say you next pass will only be testing you reaction time. dipshits always buy it. but dont expect to rip off 2 back to back romps and be allowed to run a third one. you can lie once but at this track its 2 strikes and see yah you flagged. they wont 86 you, but you will only be a spectator for the remainder of the evening. mojo, where are you coming from? ohio?

·
Banned
10,158 Posts
guess not, dont get me wrong, atco is a very fair track, unlike experiences i and others have had at Englistown, those pricks go as far as evicting you from the track and marking your vin down as a final insult to make sure you STAY OUT. if you rent the track it is MUCH more lienient. and i have gone to rented out events at englishtown and atco and they could care less what times or speeds you go. atco is a great track.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yep; youngstown ohio.

no worries, im sure itll all be cool. nothing a few bills tucked into his greasy hand cant fix

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.