Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a customer take his Venom 800 TT out to the Nevada Open Road Challenge this last weekend. It was his first time racing there. He also entered their standing mile event called the High Noon Shootout and took first place with a speed of 184 mph. I dont have all the details of who ran what just yet as these guys were driving back to MN. But they did tell me that Big Red was not able to run anywhere near 200 mph. In fact, Big Red could not even beat our 184 mph number and our car was running with 2 guys with a big wing and splitter on the car. Anyway, not bagging on Big Red at all, its an impressive car. But as has been said before, it takes some power to run over 200 mph at 6500 ft.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Congrats John! and to the Awesome Owner of the TT Beast!!

:nod:

Jay K.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Wow, that is cool.
I guess the altitude plays into it quite a bit.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MADISON LAKE, MN

Altitude can greatly effect air/fuel ratios and thus power output. In some cases the difference in running an air fuel ratio of 10:1 vs 12:1 can account for over 100 rw hp.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Was that with the AC and cruise control on? Way to go John another impressive Viper win.

·
Registered
607 Posts
congrats on the win. i bet that speed would correct to 200 mph down at a sea level track. what speed did big red run in the 1 mile shootout? also did big red or anybody else do the 0-200-0 mph speed and braking contest?

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
that's pretty cool. Can anyone compel this guy to send a post here about his experiences? I think it's way cool both on the part of driving skill as well as the machine he rode in.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
John Hennessey said:
We had a customer take his Venom 800 TT out to the Nevada Open Road Challenge this last weekend. It was his first time racing there. He also entered their standing mile event called the High Noon Shootout and took first place with a speed of 184 mph. I dont have all the details of who ran what just yet as these guys were driving back to MN. But they did tell me that Big Red was not able to run anywhere near 200 mph. In fact, Big Red could not even beat our 184 mph number and our car was running with 2 guys with a big wing and splitter on the car. Anyway, not bagging on Big Red at all, its an impressive car. But as has been said before, it takes some power to run over 200 mph at 6500 ft.

Who's "Big Red"???? Anyway Congrats!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.