Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Venom 1000TT Pocono\'s Performance

We ran the long course at Pocono's on Friday 4-30-04 with the Ferrari's. Everyone seemed concerned how a high HP car with turbos would perform on a road course. Let me tell you it performed flawlessly! On the straights I was going 150 mph, would have been faster but cars in front of me slowed me down. In the infield, the car stuck like glue on a rail with Hoosiers & Penske's on all 4 corners! The car never overheated. My in car 4way camera system worked great too. Great video! The only problem I forgot to tape up the front & it really got chipped up. I'll have to repaint over next winter.
Thumbs up to John Hennessey for creating an " All Around " car that's great at the drags, road racing & most important... the street! :nod:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Re: Venom 1000TT Pocono\'s Performance

Jamie,

We missed you at Chucks! Weather actaully held out and it was a great drive. Hope to see you and your car at Carlisle (sp?)

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

Sweet! How long were you out there running the car WOT ? What were your temps most of the time?

Manny

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

Venom 1000TT said:
We ran the long course at Pocono's on Friday 4-30-04 with the Ferrari's. Everyone seemed concerned how a high HP car with turbos would perform on a road course. Let me tell you it performed flawlessly! On the straights I was going 150 mph, would have been faster but cars in front of me slowed me down. In the infield, the car stuck like glue on a rail with Hoosiers & Penske's on all 4 corners! The car never overheated. My in car 4way camera system worked great too. Great video! The only problem I forgot to tape up the front & it really got chipped up. I'll have to repaint over next winter.
Thumbs up to John Hennessey for creating an " All Around " car that's great at the drags, road racing & most important... the street! :nod:

Jamie, Cool deal. How much boost/power were you running?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

We got to run two 30 minute runs, only because I didn't stay the whole day in hopes of getting home to get ready for Tator's. I was running 13 psi of boost. Ran WOT on the straights, obviously not in the infield. Car ran around 200 degrees which was normal. Temp was in mid to high 70's.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts

That's awesome Jamie - you have a fantastic car. Actually your car was my computer wallpaper for a long time - that avatar pic blown up is a great shot!!! :nod:

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

This is awesome info...TT will give me the option to track my car as well as the drags....best of both worlds baby!!!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts

Ya gotta Love a solid TT Set up !! It sure makes a big difference when your making your boost from the Exhaust and not the Crank ! Sounds like you had a Blast :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

That is really awesome about road coursing it. Has anybody road coursed a really high HP'd Super Charged viper? I was in a Roe supercharged viper at the Pahrump track, and that thing ran cool and seemed like a great track car, but it was pushing around 600 RWHP I believe. I'm curious if the 800+ RWHP cars can keep heat down and run a full 30 minute road course?

You tuners on this forum, what do you guys say?

Manny

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

Manny_C said:
That is really awesome about road coursing it. Has anybody road coursed a really high HP'd Super Charged viper? I was in a Roe supercharged viper at the Pahrump track, and that thing ran cool and seemed like a great track car, but it was pushing around 600 RWHP I believe. I'm curious if the 800+ RWHP cars can keep heat down and run a full 30 minute road course?

You tuners on this forum, what do you guys say?

Manny
Manny, unless you can change the blower pulley in a snap, the 888 RWHP would never even come close enough to run on a road course without overheating for anything more than 1/2 to 1 lap.

Remember, supercharged cars run hotter than turbo cars because the blower is compressing air and generating heat whenever the crank is spinning.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

Hmmmmm, this would have been good to know some time back (that Turbo cars are aslo capable of running road courses.) Might have allowed me to eliminate 1 car and use a new turbo car as a dual purpose vehicle. I am thinking of selling off my road course ready Gen I RT/10 anyway, and going with a Gen 2 or Gen 3 red car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts