Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a VEC2 on my NA car which is just running headers, HF cats, 3" catback, smoothtubes & filters and 3.55 gears. I am currently just running mostly stock settings for now. I have tried the sample program and got a little pinging around 4000 RPM, so I backed it back out until I can get a wideband O2 or get it on a dyno. I'm curious if anyone else out there is trying to tune one of these yourself on an NA application and what your results have been so far.

--- Ken

·
Registered
131 Posts
I still can't fuckin even read a card yet!!!!
Tried to put in my box serial # and encryptoion code and it comes up with another box #? I have to call sean in the morning...

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had a miss at 5000 rpm's with the enhanced NA program. I backed a third of the timing out and the miss disappeared. I also had a bucking issue with the fuel removal at high vacuum. I also removed that and solved the problem.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Jack. Did you back the timing out by changing the ignition load from 10 degrees advance to something smaller or by changing the Ignition RPM % values? I assume that either way has the same affect.

BTW, I saw your post on the other board about your wiring pics. Thanks, they gave me some ideas to try. The other thing I want to improve is the crank position wire hookup (the pin that gets pulled).

98GTS, not sure what to tell you. When I tried reading one of the cards that came with my unit, I noticed that it came up with a different unit serial number. I just changed it to my serial number and encryption code, loaded a sample program and rewrote the card. After that, it would come up with my info. I have been setting mine to unlock after download for now. I don't think that would have an effect on anything. Is there a serial number on the bottom of the box? If so does it match the one printed on your instructions?

--- Ken

·
Registered
791 Posts
ok...so you removed timing at 5000 to solve the miss and removed fuel or timing to solve the bucking at hi vac????...i'm not clear on this point..

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
txlen said:
ok...so you removed timing at 5000 to solve the miss and removed fuel or timing to solve the bucking at hi vac????...i'm not clear on this point..
What Jack is referring to is that in the sample programs, the injectors are programmed to remove fuel when you go into a high vacuum condition (When you let off the gas and the throttle plates close.) This reduces the amount of popping you get under deceleration due to gas being dumped into the exhaust. It does help with that condition as mine was getting very loud after adding headers. It also seems to lead to some bucking under some closed throttle conditions. I'll probably play with those settings to see if I can find a happy medium.

I emailed Sean my current program, he tweaked it and emailed it back. He ended up backing some more timing out around 4000 and adding some more fuel. My mistake was I had actually backed some fuel out which was the opposite of what I should have done. I'll be doing some back road testing at lunch today. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

--- Ken

·
Registered
791 Posts
hmmmm...i added more fuel in the -22 to the -12 area and cleared up alot of the bucking and surging i had before....i tried to call sean this morning but it was busy...i'll try him again...

·
Registered
791 Posts
ok..i see what ya are saying...i'm clearing it up from what we started after being on the dyno...i used that tune as my start and i'm clearing up the drivability from that tune..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts