Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain to me or send me instructions on how to tune my car with the VEC1? Can I do it while driving or at home or do I need to use a dyno? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got mine up and running and it really helped to have a Dyno. Also, I had the local Viper tech clear the parameters from the computer so I got a fresh start as the computer can get confused when you screw around trying to adjust the controller. Start at 0 on both knobs. Let the car warm up a couple minutes and then set the low knob. Most Vipers need the low knob set a few clicks on the positive side. You want the read out to scan back and forth evenly. Mine is set to about 3 o'clock. You don't want to go making drastic changes on the knob or the computer gets confused. Make one or two clicks at a time and let it run a little between adjustments. To set the high side go out on the freeway and run at about 45 MPH then shift to third and floor it to 55 or 60. You want the readout to read on the rich side, not all the way to the blue lights, but just hitting the first blue one or last green one. Most people have the high knob set at about 9 o'clock. Putting the car on the Dyno will show your A/F ratio on a graph and will allow you to tune it in nicely. Again, do not make more than 1 or 2 clicks every couple minutes. NOTE: I am only speaking from my experience. I am not a professional.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts