Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I have a 2000 R/T with B&B headers, no cats and B&B catback. Also have VEC1 installed. I failed emissions the other day. Will adjusting the VEC1 to negative settings on both high and low gains assist in passing the sniffer test?

Thanks,
DN

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
No cats=no pass. There isnt a amount of tuning that can simulate catalytic converters. As of now, you better not be in Cali or they are sending you to a referee station for being a gross polluter.

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
In NC, they now read your codes from OBDII and will fail you for any number of those, as well.

Like Smokin' said - no cats? You won't pass. You don't have many options.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have roe's o2 simulators, no cats, headers, borla exhaust -- I passed the OBDII testing at emissions because the computer was not throwing a code.. If there was a sniffer I'm sure I would have failed

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the same thing when I bought the car without cats...that it wouldn't pass..but it did. Now this year it won't. Oh well, I've got some HFcats I'll just put those on and re-test. BTW, what's the big difference between ceramic and metal substrate cats?

Thanks,
DN

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just smoged my 97 GTS for the first time with R/T ceramic cats, Corsa exaust. Last smog in 2/02 was before I installed them. Both times with VEC 1 set at 0/0.

........................... HC CO NO
2/18/02: 15 mph 9 .04 17
...............25 mph 10 .03 72

2/23/04: 15 mph 16 .06 2
...............25 mph 17 .35 4

Passed but the 25mph CO was a little close (max is .46)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.