Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of any new happenings with this alleged 50rwhp modification for non supercharged vipers??

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The last I heard, it was 50 Peak HP, average of 36 HP gain. Sean Roe is buidling inventory and will be ready for sale soon. I heard this about a month ago. I also was recently told it will be sold for $995.00! :ugh:

Considering the VEC1 is $395 or $495, I lost interest when I heard how much it was going to be.

They may still be working out bugs in the program.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
It's a lot, but it's pretty cool to run it on a dyno and see how it smooths out the curve and eliminates that characteristic dip. I had one on mine for some testing awhile back.

The VEC1 gave me about 44 RWHP, and I don't remember what the VEC2 gave me (Sean wanted to keep the sheets) but I drove around with it on there for a few minutes and throttle response felt a bit crisper in the lower RPMs. (And that was quite awhile back, before Sean got really good with the VEC2 software...)

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so, doubel the rwhp for about 2x the price..seems logical

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Sounds like they are practicing the art of Value based pricing instead of cost based pricing...

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Did not realize the price was close to 1 g. I just assumed it would be around $500 to $600 for the unit. That is some killer power and if it yields 50rwhp it still comes in around $20/hp so I guess it is in line.

Anyone have the link to the topic posted months ago about this?

·
Registered
494 Posts
If it gives around 35 RWHP for $1000 that is a bargain! Face it, once you get past smooth tubes and filters most Viper mods are closer to $100/hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts