Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this event still on??

i havent exactly been on often lately and wont be in the future so im trying to see if this event is still happening or am i going to meet my viper brothers in atlanta for the VVC instead that weekend?? :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
Again. What's WC? Not World-Challenge.
V V C Viper/Vette

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
A general post and a post for DAVID BOGGS "Dr. Roof"
The mighty REV. DR. ROOF is busy planning a thousand man march and it looks like he has given up on the V-10 Nationals.
He has promised to post the final results, have trophy's and would announce the winners, top 10 were all getting jackets, what a blow out.

I understand "BUSY" but to drop out right after the final race, no winners and to turn his back is shameful at best.

David
send me all the information and I will Tally, buy jackets and trophy's even though I to am busy.

I find it hard to believe that an hour here and another hour there would not finalize the V-10 Nationals.

Many owners have volunteered to help and you say ok but no response. If the V-10's are dead just post, If you have lost interest just post, if you have no intentions to finalize and give out the jackets and trophy's just post but do something.

you posted one date where others had already made plans so you get upset. That is exactly why you need to have volunteers and compromise to a date that everyone can work with. To come on the board and say the race is _______ without asking, checking was a planned failure. David I always thought you were better than you are acting and still do so its time to step up to the plate and end the nationals but before you do finalize last years final. We all know that you read this board and friends keep you informed so why the disappearing act, Good Bless and Happy Easter. I hope your Church is full today and your sermon is full of fire. You need to talk to the congregation about procrastination and not putting off things that have been promised, it might hit home.

A FREIND

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Very honest and appropriate post Rohn. I know you as well as many others have provided tremendous support to David and the V10 nats and deservedly should get an honest report/response on what(if any) the plans are for the series.

I have enjoyed all the races I have attended and at first it was all about the racing, but I quickly met a great group of guys and look forward to meeting up with everyone and maybe at the end of the day getting a plastic trophy, but if not I always enjoyed the "fellowship" and learned alot.

David has without a doubt started something great for us and he has himself sacrificed time and money to create the atmosphere for all of us to come out and play. I for one appreciate all his hard work and even his encouragement when I was only running 11.9's at the 1st BG race.

Whether David is able to continue this series or not, I think we should continue what he has started. Surely with all the resources we have and most of us just piss out days away anyway, we should be able to easily coordinate a few races every year. I am up for it.

I look forward to the next race and really like the idea of Viper only racing. I know it will most likely never be profitable, but I for one couldn't think of anything else better to waste money on than hanging out with others who enjoy racing and the cars as much as I do.

John

ps - always have and always will be willing to help in anyway I can.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
RE: rollbar vs. ET - I spoke with someone at the track... they are going to be tough on this, methinks. Faster than 10.5 will need a rollbar. Faster than 10.0 you need an NHRA license, 12pt cage, etc... something like that.

I may go and run on drag radials. but I was 10.1 at bradenton, so i might be breaking out of that... possibly.

JD

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I would like to take this time on the holiest of days to make my peace. I sincerely apologize to all involved and interested in the V-10 Nats.

Signed,

Roof's multi-car killer.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
No apology needed
The Bar is only balanced by the next build and the Heffner/Chad just showed what was possible. No matter where or when there will be 7 sec. Vipers and 12/13 sec. Vipers that will compete in classes where winners will be the fastest. Because someone runs unreal numbers is no reason to duck but more reason to step up and push your limits.

Happy Easter to the Beast Master, thats you Chad.
Happy Easter to Heffner the builder of the beast
Happy Easter to all Viper owners and wanta b owners :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
I hate to say it, but I think David fell off the earth again. Wardo said he was going to get with Norm and a couple of others to get some kind of racing going in a month or two. Lets help out when ever they ask people! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yeah, don't expect tech to be lenient at the NSCA event. BTW, it's 11.49 or quicker for roll bar and 9.99 and quicker for roll cage.

I know that many of you guys aren't thrilled with the idea of a roll bar in your car but, if you're even remotely serious about racing in organized events on regular basis, you'll have to get one installed or you'll find yourself shut out of many races. Roll bars aren't as intrusive as some of you may think. A full roll cage is another story. I've dealt with Neverlift out of NJ and he's installed some slick and good looking roll bars in street vehicles. He's a great fabricator and welder. Forget the mail-order crap. Nothing beats a nice custom job.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Sorry to say but David has some grown to do. He did a fine thing only to swell up and walk away after multi losses, what else is there to think. Defend yourself by doing what you started out to do and if it is to much ask for help as many have offered.

I just received a PM from someone that knows David and was told that his business is slowing some and he has not been around, left to his wife to do for the most part. I have always said "behind (almost) every successful man there is a great woman, David, can I get an amen?

David step up or give us the name to use. When will your car be built so we can have some idea of when you will come into the sun again.

David finalize and if you can't for what ever reason step up, be the man. I understand being 30 years old and very successful, the leader of your church can be overwhelming from time to time but you have accepted the challenges that are at your door so step up or step out.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
My wife brought me the results from Florida and I will enter them and email them to steve salis he will have to do the final tally in the spread sheet.

Guys I apologize for the delay/ shou;d have been done. we scheduled a race for BG but it was conflicting dates. if it is wanted I will schedule 3 races this year one being in conjunction with the ohio VCA race. Florida is scheduled for december and under contract with bradenton. when is a good start date and I will work on that. we will not do points again do to the problems it caused this year with different drivers and so forth and cars. I thought Ward was gonna kill Joe donavon! LOL! when you have points and it comes down to it everyone has a different opinion and I am not the one that wants to make the call.

I also dont want to be the one who has to answer the emails from rohn and others that says they can't compete with Chad and put him in another class. I am for stepping up and racing not re arranging the class structure because my car can't compete.

If someone will step up and run the race with integrity and not bias toward a tuner or their own agenda I will help them and I will support the race and give them the series to promote. I do not have time to promote a race and then hear the complaining because it does not go their way. I just want to race there was no race so I created one.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.