Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have decided to Make the Event a One day Event! THe date of the Event is Saturday July 10th with the Rain Date of July 11.

We will run the Street Tire SHoot-out in the Morning and Mid day we will run the Drag Radial SHoot-out and TEST N TUNE for a couple hours following with the main event qualifying beginning at 6 PM and the Finals will run beginning at 9 PM. this will bring in COol Air which will make the track even Faster!

Please Make your Hotel Reservations Now! Also we will accept Pre Registration for the event until June 15th. Please take advantage of this extension. we need to have good ideas for class breakdowns.

any questions let me know.

thanks

·
Premium Member
19,233 Posts
Yeah, but the real question is..................... IS THE GO-CART CHAMPIONSHIP GONNA HAPPEN TOO :smooch:

·
Registered
458 Posts
I regret to inform you guys I will not be able to attend. I was looking forward to meeting all you guys and competing. I'll try to hook-up on a future event. Damn this pisses me off too, because Topeka is not that far from Dallas. How about the Motorplex next year?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Larry the event is saturday

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The main event will be on saturday night.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Larry
If it makes the Florida camp feel better Dr. Roof said that he would drive from his home to Florida and drive in with you.
The Houston guys will circle the beltway until you come through and we will follow.

Rohn

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
larry, im sure we can find something for you floridians to do for another day of two.

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,562 Posts
MacedoMS said:
Any way to make this a (2) day event with drag racing on Saturday night? It's kind of tough for us Floridians to make a 3-4 day pilgrimage for (1) day of racing. I smell mutiny...
OH BOY LARRY DO I SENSE A NO SHOW COMING?BIG GUN SCOTT WIECK AND I REALLY NEED YOU AND WARD TO SHOW UP AT THE DANCE.LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP GET U TO TOPEKA.I WOULD BE MORE THEN WILLING TO SEND A TRAILER AND DRIVER TO PICK U GIRLS UP AND GET U TO THE PROM.IVE GOT A SPOT RESERVED FOR U AND CUDAMAN IN MY SIGNATURE.BEST REGARDS! NORM KOERNER :rofl: :dance:

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
There are a couple go-kart tracks in the area so that series can continue. As we get closer I would be happy to assist setting that up from here.

On a fairly unrelated note, one of our Viper club members lives in Topeka and is going to be selling off his DLM Gen I. One of the best looking ones out there (Gen II hood set up, 99-02 wheels, custom stripes and interior, etc.) and just dyno'ed at 797.7 RWHP. Levin is planning to come up for this race and will put bigger injectors on this car, which they think should put it closer to 820 RWHP. Somebody better make room in their trailer for this one to bring home!

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
TX WHOS YOUR DADDY said:
MacedoMS said:
Any way to make this a (2) day event with drag racing on Saturday night? It's kind of tough for us Floridians to make a 3-4 day pilgrimage for (1) day of racing. I smell mutiny...
OH BOY LARRY DO I SENSE A NO SHOW COMING?BIG GUN SCOTT WIECK AND I REALLY NEED YOU AND WARD TO SHOW UP AT THE DANCE.LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP GET U TO TOPEKA.I WOULD BE MORE THEN WILLING TO SEND A TRAILER AND DRIVER TO PICK U GIRLS UP AND GET U TO THE PROM.IVE GOT A SPOT RESERVED FOR U AND CUDAMAN IN MY SIGNATURE.BEST REGARDS! NORM KOERNER :rofl: :dance:
Norm That sounds like a good idea, if you pick my girl, so Larry and I could go to the Prom. Then we could just fly there. How do I know you won't mess with my girl? I would go to drive there and the tire air is replaced with water. Nitrous replaced replaced with Helium. I know you are a reputable person BUT would you trust your girl with me?????

All dress up and waiting on the porch and waiting for my big night at the dance?

Cudaman:flag:

·
FLORIDA GATOR POACHER
2,562 Posts
WARD,THANX FOR CLARIFING YOUR ET AT 10.07 THAT CLEARS UP THE CONFUSION.IT SEEMS LIKE YOUNGSTER LARRY WAS STARTNG TO WHIN ABOUT THIS AND THAT LIKE HE WAS LOOKING FOR A WAY OUT OF THE EVENT.I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO SHOW UP AND DEFEND YOUR TITLE.YOU GUYS ARE PART OF THE SHOW AND WITHOUT U THERE IS NO SHOW.YOU RAISE A VERY GOOD POINT ABOUT POSSSIBLE MOLESTATION OF YOUR GAL.SO I GUESS U AND LARRY COULD RIDE IN THE CAR INSIDE THE TRAILER OR ON TOP OF THE TRAILER ROOF TO PRESERVE THE INTEGRITY OF YOUR CAR.LET US KNOW WHAT U WANT TO DO.MAYBE U COULD SPEAK TO LARRY ABOUT HIS CURRENT ISSUE OF WHINNING AND SEE IF HE CAN HAVE A MORE POSITIVE ATTITUDE TOWARD THE TOPEKA DRAG RACE EVENT.THANX IN ADVANCE! :rofl: :dance:

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
TX WHOS YOUR DADDY said:
SO I GUESS U AND LARRY COULD RIDE IN THE CAR INSIDE THE TRAILER OR ON TOP OF THE TRAILER ROOF TO PRESERVE THE INTEGRITY OF YOUR CAR. :rofl: :dance:
Will you supply some pillows so we nap on the way.....

I believe some of his concern is there is a number of(5-6)cars Larry tunes and after coming along distance if a car or 2 breaks something or needs extra tuning. To try to fix/tune it in 1 day vs 2 days is nearly impossible for 1 person to do. Although I can not speak for Larry ...I am only speculating. Also remember all are cars are tuned for Florida(sea level).David Boggs is checking to see if a test and tune is available the day before. His is really what we need is a day to shake down our cars prior to the big dance.

Don't doubt we WANT to race..... Larry and I have been to BG twice, Norwalk, Ohio... Texas and Bradenton..... we have been thru a lot of shit(breaking... seriously crashed both of our personal vehicles, to name just a few) to race and had a lot of good times. BUT LOVED every minute of it...well at least most of the time.

Cudaman:flag:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts