Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

V-10 Nationals Financial Statement

2K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  jkracer 
#1 ·
Some people made some comments that is very troubling to me. I always want to clear the air and make sure people understand I do this event Becasue nobody else will. I Like to do everything to the Very Best of my ability. I could easily reduce the cost of awards by offering only cheap Trophy's or Plaques. I could also eliminate the personal Awards and give just 1st and 2nd Place. I choose to make it possible for everyone to walk away with something. Please keep this in Mind!

If those who support the race by attending and sponsoring this event. By the end of Next year this will be the Greatest event to attend for all Viper Owners!

V-10 Nationals Bowling Green, KY FInancial Statement

FYI

Track Rental $4980.00
Extra Track Help (Not worth It but Had to be paid) 600.00
Extra VHT (even though this was questionable) 440.00
Event Printing 360.00
Custom Awards 3300.00
T-shirts 1804.50
Volunteer Food (3 Days) 320.00
Misc. Expenses 250.00
Hotel for Volunteers 450.00

Total Expenses $12504.50

Total Sponsor Contribution (Not all collected) 4300.00
Entry Fee's 5100.00
T-shirt Sales 1600.00

Total Cash Income $11000.00

Event Balance - $ 1504.50
(Short fall covered by David Boggs)
(many times SPonsors do not follow through with promises made leaving a greater shortfall)

this does not include the uncountable hours of my time.

This is not a pitty party! Just a disclaimer of actual Event cost for those whom falsely accused me of Profitting from the event. all money that comes in to the event stays in the event. Im not sure what I would do if we made a profitt.

However, I do need help in pushing Sponsors and Vendors to step up to the plate! we need sponsors that want to give back to the viper COmmunitty with no strings attached!

if you have any questions or problems please let me know and I will be glad to answer them.

I apologize to all the racers at the event for the track conditions. I paid extra for VHT and was promised it was put down. I realize it was not the best conditions but that is racing. I did the very best I could do. I offered to pay more money for them to do it again, they told me they ran out of VHT. Nothing else could have been done.

I do these races because there is nothing for Viper owners who want to Drag race. I love to race! I want to race other Vipers! V-10 Nationals is the only place this happens!

See less See more
#2 ·
IMO if anyone said or accused you of putting some in your pockets they need an assbeating! i for one figure you at best might broke even ( on these events) and even if, on a slim chance, you did take in anything above what total expenses were, youve earned it; time is money and i dont know what you make per hour but my ass sure aint cheap and im willing to bet you arent either.

you bust your ass and you put together a great event, rest easy.

thnx for yet again a great V10 nats

#3 ·
Way to go David -- class act as always! However, you shouldn't have to be popping for this event yourself, especially considering how much of your time is being donated.

I'm guessing that most people would be happy with a trophy and you could do away with any prizes/cash and use that instead to pay for the event. Any extra monies then could go for FUN stuff AFTER the race day ends /images/graemlins/smiles

#4 ·
David

I think you did as good a job as possible. If there was a profit obtained I think you deserve to take it but there wasn't and I don't think it is fair that you have to cough up the short fall. THis event was enjoyed by many people and hopefully many more events will take place.

The track conditions were definitely worse than ideal but there was still some good numbers run. I had a good time even though you beat me on the drag radials, the track lanes were not even but that is the luck of the draw. I hope you continue to put on good events and that more tuners step up.

Thank you for your efforts.

#6 ·
Shit Boggs, you put a lot of time and effort into the events, so why shouldn't you get paid? I can't understand why anyone would be pissed about that. I'm an ok guy, but I wouldn't want the job, and especially not if it cost me money! I applaud you for it!!! That said, I sure wanted to see Redsnake's car whip your ass! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

#7 ·
David, you're a saint and this is bullshit. You should not be doing all of this yourself and you sure as hell shouldn't have to foot the bill for overages.

I would suggest you delegate some responsibilities to volunteers and the first responsibility is defining a budget for the remaining races. Then, we find funds and tweak the budget to at least zero out by the end of the year, including returning any personal losses you have had for the first two races. And like you said, if the series begins to produce some cash, expand and improve upon this winning series.

Please let me know how I could help and maybe even post a list of responsibilities you would like assistance with. I haven't even participated in an event yet (I didn't have my Viper for the first one and had my wedding anniversary over BG weekend) but I can't wait to race and would like to help however I can. I'm sure many others would as well, just let us know what you need.

Anyone else up for helping out?

Chad

#8 ·
Who had the nerves to say or insinuate something??? Fucking morons, not only do you have to pay for shit out of pocket, but you also lose weeks worth of work taking care of shit that needs to be done for this event to take place. We apreciate it David and will continue to support you by showing up and buying Tshirts and mugs :thumb:

#9 ·
I know first hand how much time it takes to set up an event, I did it in Bradenton to help David out and I LOVE drag racing Vipers. When you volunteer your time your business suffers in the form of lost income.

Secondly you pay the track expecting to get the services that you paid for.

Also anyone that has been to a busy track or a drag racing event knows how long you have to wait to race. These drag racing events are exclusive to Vipers and their tow vehicles.

The FEW that have BITCHED do not know how lucky the Viper community is to have David Boggs aka DR. ROOF. This has been from day 1, a FIRST class event!

Cudaman :flag:

I would like to see if those persons that said that, would have the BALLS to come out publicly and say it with their names posted, so we could give them a public ass kicking!

#10 ·
David, this was not required. Most have the utmost respect for you and know you are honest as the day is long. Anybody that would accuse you of that should try and set up an event similar to the V-10 Nationals before they speak again. :fist:

#11 ·
Companies that say they'll sponsor and don't follow through need to be outed bigtime. That is a really shitty thing to do. Keep the V-10 nats goin for another 5 years and I'll be there with some $$ for ya!

#12 ·
I've been to alot of events.. f-body, vettes, mustangs, vipers, imports,... and I can honestly say that this weekend was the most fun I've had..

The cash prizes and the trophies that were handed out were top notch. This was my first time attending and meeting everyone, and judge'n Dr. Roof's character.. He's top notch... When and if a profit is made, I'm 100% sure that the money would be put back into the event.... In speaking with him, he would like to see this event succeed..

My thanks goes out to Dr. Roof for his hospitality and for putting on this event and to Moundir for inviting me..

I'll be back next year...

X

#13 ·
Your the man! :bowdown: Even though your going down very soon!! lol! Thanks for the Viper racing. If things keep going in the right direction with the Vipers and I keep getting more business I will up my sponcer $$ 2u.

Also what a way to end the event with all that happened the first time we meet. Dr.Roof and Blown GTS in the finals. Two Underdogs! V-10 nationals best RIVALRY!! To bad I was on the losing side! /images/graemlins/bawling Next time Beotch!!!!!! :nuts:

#15 ·
BigCarrot said:
That said, I sure wanted to see Redsnake's car whip your ass! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

you should have been at the race!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

#16 ·
David

Here's what you do for the ones that question. Offer them the chance of a life time, to pocket all of those thousands of dollars.LOL. Have them put up front all of the money to put the event on in exchange for all the income. You won't have any takers because the majority of us know there would be zero Viper Drags without you.
Your time is priceless and the ones that race, pack there bags and go home thank you. Long after most of us have passed many a mile markers David is still working, his pay is to dig deeper in his pocket to pay the short fall when some sponsors fail to leave the support they promised. The majority of the sponsors do what they promise I hope.

Possibilities in years from now there could actually be a profit but until that day David needs help and support.

David the Viper community thanks you

Rohn

#17 ·
If you are profiting, WHO CARES!!! YOu deserve it! This is a lot of work....!
Don't let comments get you down David... You're doing the Viper Community a GREAT service with the V-10 Nats... This is going to be BIG!!

G

#19 ·
David...
You know I support your efforts and realize just how much work you put in personally to make this happen. As in most cases, money talks and bullshit walks and it is always hard to find those that will support others efforts unless they have a direct reward. Your events are developing into a great series and because of your committment it will continue to do so. Raising money is always the most difficult part of the task and often requires those that are the most devoted to the result.
Hang in there...if I can help you know my email address.

Clark

#20 ·
If you are profiting, WHO CARES!!! YOu deserve it! This is a lot of work....!
Don't let comments get you down David... You're doing the Viper Community a GREAT service with the V-10 Nats... This is going to be BIG!!

G

Well said G. You do deserve something for you time. Nothing in life is free. I feel that most people that come to your events do not come for the prizes, they come for the fun. With maybe the exception of Tom Welch the street tire shoot out king, rumor has it that he is going to start selling Pilot Sports and compete against Tire Rack!! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif :rofl:
David you put on a hell of a show everyone enjoyed it. Although I could not get my Viper to this last Event, your events have got me hooked on drag racing and I want nothing more than to do a few more mods to my car and go racing. I will be a future sponsor that I promise, I just have to build on my Snake Hydes business so that I can afford to Sponsor part of the event. BTW what is considered a Sponsor-ship? Is there any format. BTW :fist: if anyone begrudges you now or ever if you make $1 or $1 million for the time that you put in. Hell you need to make something to pay for that little camper that you bought /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
Congrats on you big win!!
Chad
Snake Hydes

#21 ·
David, the entire weekend at the track and off the track was a blast. The good time was well worth whatever the charge is, divide the shortfall by the number of entries and let us send you what it should have cost us to have all that fun. I would gladly send you another $30 for all that fun, damn the go karts were worth that just to have fun with Moundir.

#22 ·
David, TRUST ME, i know what it takes to run an event like this! Now imagine adding a dyno day, show n shine, and a road racing venue to the mix! I get that same shit with the TX2K Supra Nationals meets. Ppl ALWAYS assume you're pocketing money when in reality, you're ADDING personal money to make the event happen. Keep doing what you're doing, from all accounts, EVERYONE loves your events!
Peter

#23 ·
Peter
It's got to be true then about complainers at all events. I was told that you made enough to live all year and have some left over for more mods. Maybe I am in the wrong business and need to start another series. I need to get into some of this big event money LOL.

Figure it this way, if the money were there we would see more events than Mustangs on a Ford car lot.

Rohn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.