Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with Cudaman, he and Dr. Roof just set the dates for the V-10 Nationals in Florida. Feb. 7th and Feb. 8th. The tentative schedule will be as follows:

Saturday Feb 7th:
Street Tire Shoot out, track opens 9 am til 3pm for test and tune. The track will give us Viper only lanes and parking on the west side of the track. This is a test and tune day for them, but usually they do not get very crowded. At 4 PM they have their weekly bracket racing for cash prizes, so if any Vipers (Especially the automatic ones) want to stay after the street tire shootout they may be able to win some Florida dollars.

Sunday Feb 8th:
I am sure that Dr. Roof will set the agenda, but we have the track rented from 9 am until 5 pm, with no short changing on the times.

This area has a lot to offer and may be a great opportunity for some of you snowed in Vipers to combine a vacation with racing. There are beautiful beaches and the Orlando attractions are only about 2 hours away. If enough people are interested, we could arrange bus service for family members to Disney etc, please advise either myself or Cudaman. As well, I believe the following week is the Daytona 500, and they start racing on Wednesday of that week.

This is a good track with a very friendly staff, it should be a great time. We will advise on accommodations and additional info shortly.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Failed to mention where, it is at Desoto Raceway in Bradenton Florida. This is about 45 minutes to 1 hour south of Tampa. White sandy beaches and beautiful sunsets.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm sure that this has already been addressed but just in case it hasn't...is the track owner in Florida apprised of and ok with the fact that there will be scads of 8-, 9-, and 10-second Vipers running that are nowhere close to being NHRA or IHRA legal with regards to safety mods. The great thing with Todd at San Antonio Raceway is that he pretty much looks the other way with regards to many safety issues as technically the 9.99-second and quicker cars should have a minimum of a 10-point certified cage, fire suppression system, external battery kill at the rear of the car, a parachute, and....no IRS. Sure would suck to show up at the event in Florida only to have the tech guy bust everybody's chops and not let them run any quicker than 11.99.

·
Latest JEDI Weapon!
575 Posts
Nacho Man,

No tech problems at Desoto......they don't even check for a helmet until you run 11's or quicker. I have never been officially tech inspected at Desoto. Pay the entry fee, unload, drive around to the timing tower and turn in your info card, race it like you stole it. Any questions??

Hope that helps. Take care.

Tom

P.S. Jason, I wouldnt call your performance pathetic.....hell its amazing you guys even made it out of the ICEY northeast. Shit happens, parts break, clutches slip. We look forward to offering up some "southern hospitality"

Tom

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nacho Man,

One of the reasons we want to use the Bradenton track is that they are user Friendly. I have never seen them tech anyone at a private track rental, except one 9 second viper (150 mph+) that was running on the small spare tires as front skinnies, they did not allow that. Tom Welch and Lee Saunders run into the 9s all the time at this track, they both have rollbars, but no cages, and I don't think either one has ever had any problems with tech. It is an IHRA track. Cudaman has a great relationship with the track owner and manager, I think they will roll out the red carpet for us.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
damn this is gonna be some fun in florida!!!

they allow nomex flipflops for shoes down there?

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
damn this is gonna be some fun in florida!!!

they allow nomex flipflops for shoes down there?
Bring your white belt and white shoes , the seniors will claim you as one of their own.

There is some very high quality adult clubs(Cheetah club) here too...... Gerald(DLM) can also take tours to Mons Venus as well.

This one of the fastest tracks in Florida that is Viper freindly.....Hennessey has run this track before. Tom Welch and Lee Saunders run this track regularly, they probably have 20-30 9 sec passes between the two of them. They last weekend had the Snowbirds here and a top fueler ran a 5.24 @ 269mph......THIS IS A FAST TRACK !!!!!
/images/graemlins/drive
Cudaman :flag:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
So what is there FUN to do around this area? I hope the local talent is better than San Antonio was. Egads.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Manny C. AKA Superbar said:
So what is there FUN to do around this area? I hope the local talent is better than San Antonio was. Egads.
Spoken like a true champ :thumb:

Hmm. February in Florida sounds nice. I could probably get a flight to go down. I would be up for it. :nod:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Not to be a downer, as I will attend the next event regardless, but isn't February in Florida like hurricane season? It is going to absolutely blow if it's raining.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I'm game. Sounds like a load of fun!

·
4,287 Posts
Not to be a downer, as I will attend the next event regardless, but isn't February in Florida like hurricane season? It is going to absolutely blow if it's raining.

Hurricane season ends in November.

·
4,287 Posts

Beautiful women, beaches,Beautiful women, deep sea fishing,Beautiful women,15 golf courses,Beautiful women,Boating,Beautiful women, Disney,Universal,Beautiful women, Bush Gardens,Beautiful women,Go-carts, Beautiful women, FIRST class adult clubs,Beautiful women,Great dinning,Beautiful women, Fine Hotels,Beautiful women, Parasailing,Beautiful women,Scuba diving,Beautiful women, Sailing,.Beautiful women, jet sking, water sking, paintball, laser tag and did I mention Beautiful women..etc... to name a few

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Cudaman said:

Beautiful women, beaches,Beautiful women, deep sea fishing,Beautiful women,15 golf courses,Beautiful women,Boating,Beautiful women, Disney,Universal,Beautiful women, Bush Gardens,Beautiful women,Go-carts, Beautiful women, FIRST class adult clubs,Beautiful women,Great dinning,Beautiful women, Fine Hotels,Beautiful women, Parasailing,Beautiful women,Scuba diving,Beautiful women, Sailing,.Beautiful women, jet sking, water sking, paintball, laser tag and did I mention Beautiful women..etc... to name a few

But are the women there hot?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As Mr. Cudaman pointed out the beautiful women are abound, many wearing strings for bikinis, some beaches they don't wear anything at all. The weather should be good, Feb is usually one of dryer months with temps usually 40-50 f at night and 65-75 f in the days.

For the hardcore racers, Feb is a great month in Florida. The weekend before our V-10 Nationals is the Rolex 24 hours at Daytona and the weekend after the V-10 Nationals is the Daytona 500, usually our Central Florida VCA gets involved with hospitality at one or both of these races. Last year Cudaman and I got to make 3 parade laps around the Rolex course, which is approx. 4 miles, of course we almost got tossed out as we were hitting over 130 mph on the straights and doing smokey burnouts, but the crowd seemed to like it.

This is a great month to come to Florida. The drive might be long for some, but once you get to Florida it should be smooth sailing. You can actually call our highways roads, not potholes with lines around them, another real plus is they are generally ice free as well. Come on down!!!

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
MHQC said:

Hmm. February in Florida sounds nice. I could probably get a flight to go down. I would be up for it. :nod:
Manny the women in fl are unbelievable :idea: If it does rain, that means more time for the honies :yotony: I'm hitting the gym again, no way will I show up to fl the way I did to Texas. I was 35lbs over my normal weight:puke:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Moundir said:
Manny the women in fl are unbelievable :idea: If it does rain, that means more time for the honies :yotony: I'm hitting the gym again, no way will I show up to fl the way I did to Texas. I was 35lbs over my normal weight:puke:
Mike, now that you mention it, you did look a little pregnant in TX.

I did not know what you were expecting or if you were expecting! LOL! :nuts:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Moundir said:
MHQC said:

35 pounds? Jesus! How long did it take you to put on 35 pounds? As soon as I kick the rest of this flu, I am hitting the gym hard too. Been too long.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Better hurry.. Goodies are getting ordered again! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

1 - 20 of 22 Posts