Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bowling Green, KY (where it all started)

April 30th set the date!

will post more details.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Aside from the fact that it is just around the corner from your house and that you are the event coordinator, why would Beech Bend Raceway be the track of choice? I have noticed that the quicker and faster the cars go, the more fun people have. As far as I can remember, nobody ever goes really fast at that track. The traction usually leaves a lot to be desired and with the cars getting as fast as they are, a good track seems almost imperative, especially when you consider the lack of safety equipment that most guys show up with. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
DOH!! same day as the Vette/Viper challenge in georgia.

roof, u testing our loyalties now eh :smooch:

ahh well, i cant miss a BG V10 where it all began.

lets get it on :drive:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Heffner Performance said:
Aside from the fact that it is just around the corner from your house and that you are the event coordinator, why would Beech Bend Raceway be the track of choice? I have noticed that the quicker and faster the cars go, the more fun people have. As far as I can remember, nobody ever goes really fast at that track. The traction usually leaves a lot to be desired and with the cars getting as fast as they are, a good track seems almost imperative, especially when you consider the lack of safety equipment that most guys show up with. Just a thought.

Hey, don't look a gift horse in the mouth! lol At least he's throwing a race!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

exactly the reason I am burned out trying to put on a race!

Heffner you show up at one race and become the king and then you think you own the race. stay home! your loss!

Bowling Green is where it started and that is why we will host the race there. no Turn out for Bowling Green? the race will stop there!

best regards!

Instead of asking when is the first race why dont you say if the first race is not where you want it you will not come???

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bradenton is already booked for December of this year! If we make it that far!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Harsh David, I don't think that Heffy ment it quite the way that you took it. Everyone knows and respects the time and effort that you put into these events. I know that I have enjoyed everyone that I have attended.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Dr Roof said:
exactly the reason I am burned out trying to put on a race!

Heffner you show up at one race and become the king and then you think you own the race. stay home! your loss!

Bowling Green is where it started and that is why we will host the race there. no Turn out for Bowling Green? the race will stop there!

best regards!

Instead of asking when is the first race why dont you say if the first race is not where you want it you will not come???

I thought BG was great both times. One time the rain put an early end and one time John Hennessey was there making the Nascar victory lap. Long drive but any track will be a long drive for someone.
Count me in even if I still run a slow 9.5 car, thank you Chad. Might be good to give David the break of driving the least amount of miles and time to show up as he has traveled to the corner's of the world to bring us a V-10 place to party at.
The bring your own drinks type of roof leaking clubs are not the best, the dancers have about half a mouth of teeth but the clubs can't all be like the ones in Texas. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Whoaaa there buddy, I think someone needs to lay off of the caffeine. I totally understand that posts like the above one from me are the types of things that take the fun out of the series for you and your response is nothing different from what I expected. I'm just pointing out that there were significant traction issues at the last race at BG as with the race before that. I am not trying to pick at you and you seem to be irritated with me for some reason. I think I have showed up at quite a few more than one of your races, not because I thought I was the fastest but to support the event and have a good time with other Viper gearheads. As a matter of fact, after you decided to give me a hard time after one of your races I told you that If I ever had a customer that really wanted to go drag racing that you were screwed. Well, you talked a lot of smack before this last race only to have your ass handed to you in the form of 3/4 of a second and about 18 mph. I guess I was right. So, Mr. high and mighty, why don't you drop your attitude, take your criticism like a man and let's be friends. What'dya say? I was also wondering, now that I own all of the quarter mile records, can I be a "recommended tuner"?

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Forget the dragstrip in BG - lets you just go there and race at the gokart track.
Forget the gokart track ......lets go and see:

the dancers have about half a mouth of teeth

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Whoaaa there buddy, I think someone needs to lay off of the caffeine. I totally understand that posts like the above one from me are the types of things that take the fun out of the series for you and your response is nothing different from what I expected. I'm just pointing out that there were significant traction issues at the last race at BG as with the race before that. I am not trying to pick at you and you seem to be irritated with me for some reason. I think I have showed up at quite a few more than one of your races, not because I thought I was the fastest but to support the event and have a good time with other Viper gearheads. As a matter of fact, after you decided to give me a hard time after one of your races I told you that If I ever had a customer that really wanted to go drag racing that you were screwed. Well, you talked a lot of smack before this last race only to have your ass handed to you in the form of 3/4 of a second and about 18 mph. I guess I was right. So, Mr. high and mighty, why don't you drop your attitude, take your criticism like a man and let's be friends. What'dya say? I was also wondering, now that I own all of the quarter mile records, can I ba a "recommended tuner"?
Heffner
BULL SHIT
you do not own or hold all the qtr mile records until you crash a fence at a faster speed...........................

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
jkracer the other Muppet said:
Heffner
BULL SHIT
you do not own or hold all the qtr mile records until you crash a fence at a faster speed...........................
Ron ....Albert must have thought he was landing on a aircraft carrier and that was the safety net to keep him from falling into the sea.

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
April 30th is on my calander. I will be there. What are the rules? Same as NHRA/IHRA? Do I just show up or do I need to sign up some where?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.