Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one out there been inside your V-10 engine. i got some good questions for you. My Viper just spun #3 rod bearing.?????

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Try using the search feature , if that doesn't work
I guess post your questions, someone might b able to give you and answer !!

·
Premium Member
19,237 Posts
Were you tracking the car? If so, common. If you weren't tracking, not so common, but it happens.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Let me guess........ gen 3.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Where's Dave666 when you really need him.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Say hello to my friends at Arrow.. My 08 has been there twice!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I am serious, I recently purchased a gen 3 viper n am hearing a ratcheting sound when I press the throttle
Looks like you are doing some searching first which is a great idea. This would be the wrong forum to ask about the throttle issue. Try posting in the SRT forum, there are a lot more people watching that.

Your question about "tracking" looks like a noobie question in this specific subforum dedicated to competition coupes which were designed specifically to be raced on a road course = racetrack = track. i.e., they were designed to be tracked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like you are doing some searching first which is a great idea. This would be the wrong forum to ask about the throttle issue. Try posting in the SRT forum, there are a lot more people watching that.

Your question about "tracking" looks like a noobie question in this specific subforum dedicated to competition coupes which were designed specifically to be raced on a road course = racetrack = track. i.e., they were designed to be tracked.
thanks for your help, will do!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fixed oil pickup in a car that pulls over 1g = oil starvation...?

·
Registered
23 Posts
wait a sec, you're telling me the engine in your Viper threw a rod? how fast were you going and how loud did that have to be. crazy right

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Say hello to my friends at Arrow.. My 08 has been there twice!
That's because of all the left turns you make on your high spirited runs to the ice cream parlor.. Put some baffles in your oil pan or eat less ice cream.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts