Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using my buddies 01' Roe Supercharged GTS in a parade this Saturday in town. My little one won a little contest so I thought what better way to show him off other than in a Viper. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif My question is is it OK on the GTS to do this? I've heard some people say it is and some say that it'll overheat quick. The parade is about 2 miles long probably.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I did a homecoming parade for a friends daughter last year in my RT. No problems other than the police threating to impound my car for the doughnut I did for them in the parking lot. It was about 80 degrees out. It did get warm, but I turned the heater on and that cooled it back down again.

·
Enlightened
28,995 Posts
[image]http://www.extremebikini.com/fun/viperrace.jpg[/image]

I was asked to be the pace car for a 5k race - and even did the short kids races - with no problems. I would think it would only be an issue in 100 degree heat with no wind.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Man, this is why I have a manual override on my cooling fan. Folks spend 20GRR on a supercharger and don't have a $20 switch installed to turn on their fan.

I have Sean Roe's cooling fan kit and a simple manual override that lets me turn it on whenever I want. Works great when sitting in traffic because I don't have to wait for the car to get super hot for the stock fan to come on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts