Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at upgrading my stock exhaust system on 1995 Gen 1 Viper. Looking like Belanger headers and exhaust might be the way to go. My question to everyone is which Belanger package should I go with. Looking for deeper louder exhaust sound. Many options with Belanger.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Reactions: devinf2448

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

If remember I went with Corsa & Jon B sent the replacement pipes (catless) with the set. Seem to remember Corsa Extreme. Definitely louder than anticipated but don’t drive it enough to be an issue for me. Can give him a quick call to discuss options though.
May take you up on that. This was something I was targeting to do in spring 2023. so many options I have no idea. I'll my Viper tech again when I see him at the end of Nov. Thank you

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone have just Belanger high flow cats installed rest stock? Wondering how loud they are. The prev owner deleted the rear muffler. I want it to cool down the side sills and add some extra noise.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have the high flow cat kit with a corsa exhaust. It did add some sound but not a crazy amount but it will be noticeable.

Reactions: Monopoly

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think volume is subjective but the difference between stock and high flow cats was significantly less difference in volume than just going to the corsa. By any chance did you do the HFC at the same time as your exhaust? If so, that may be why we feel a bit different as the Corsa system is not a quite one at all, under throttle. At idle and low load it's pretty tame but at WOT it's fairly stupid loud with the stock cats and headers even.

I went stock cats to exhaust - Got significantly louder
Then went with no cats - was stupid loud and stunk so added the cats.
Then added in the HFC kit - was much tamer but still loud

To me, it seemed like only a couple decibels louder with HFC vs the stock ones. I think with a factory rear muffler delete only car the HFC will be exactly what Monopoly is after. Plus the added cooling for the side sills.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think volume is subjective but the difference between stock and high flow cats was significantly less difference in volume than just going to the corsa. By any chance did you do the HFC at the same time as your exhaust? If so, that may be why we feel a bit different as the Corsa system is not a quite one at all, under throttle. At idle and low load it's pretty tame but at WOT it's fairly stupid loud with the stock cats and headers even.

I went stock cats to exhaust - Got significantly louder
Then went with no cats - was stupid loud and stunk so added the cats.
Then added in the HFC kit - was much tamer but still loud

To me, it seemed like only a couple decibels louder with HFC vs the stock ones. I think with a factory rear muffler delete only car the HFC will be exactly what Monopoly is after. Plus the added cooling for the side sills.
Gotcha, i thought you meant all in with HFC and Corsa vs completely stock.

Yes, I did HFC and corsa at the same time and was shocked 😆. Then added additional resonators between teh HFC and the corsa resonators. Perfect now.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,100 Posts
Does anyone have just Belanger high flow cats installed rest stock? Wondering how loud they are. The prev owner deleted the rear muffler. I want it to cool down the side sills and add some extra noise.
My ears are shot from many decades of rock concerts and rock crushers and I really dislike nasty-loud exhausts on street cars. I believe some Vipers' obnoxious loudness comes from the back part of the side sills. That's the resonance source.

My GTS has gone through a couple of iterations of exhaust work. I started with a rear muffler delete and replaced it with a 2.5" X-pipe. It made a nice exhaust note when on the gas, but was almost unnoticeable otherwise.

Along with my engine rebuild a couple of years ago, I installed TNT 1.75" 5:1 headers and 3" Random Tech HF cats. I necked down from 3" to 2.5" into the stock resonators, then out to the previous X-pipe. It was only very modestly louder at idle and low speed, with similarly modest WOT volume. I was given an almost new set of 3" Moroso Spiro-flow mufflers which I installed with 2.5" outlets to the X-pipe. It was another moderate step louder at idle and low speed, but it has the most glorious (slightly muffled) wail at over 3500 rpm!

Bicycle part Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive mirror Composite material

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

I'll see if I can find my youtube of the sound later.

Reactions: Monopoly

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got a full Belanger exhaust put on my 96 GTS and it is definitely a lot louder than stock, but not as loud as my 95 Mustang with a similar nearly straight pipe set up.

My lady said it made her feel good in all the right ways hearing it, so I'm happy with the sound, ha!

It's pretty beefy sounding and really screams up top.

·
Premium Member
20,172 Posts
I have a custom 3"&4" exhaust for a Gen 1. PM me if you want either. $900 delivered if you're close.

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
I got a 3" mopar performance straight piped and Archer Racing Headers sitting in a box. We will see what the straight pipe system will sound like when i get a chance to put it on first with the stock headers as it will be easy to do. I am expecting it to be way too loud from reading threads.

My plan is to dump the cats. Will see how smelly is it going to be even with rear exhaust as it feeds back into the car i read too.

I will tape the current stock system and then the 3" then the headers with the 3".

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at upgrading my stock exhaust system on 1995 Gen 1 Viper. Looking like Belanger headers and exhaust might be the way to go. My question to everyone is which Belanger package should I go with. Looking for deeper louder exhaust sound. Many options with Belanger.
I got the Belangers with hi flow.cats and piped them into my factory side exhaust. They are no louder than the stock system. Just cooler running .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts