Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Update on mine!

we went the pro efi route, chased a few demons along the way but everything paid off! Still trouble shooting an idle air control issue but should have it resolved by this weekend! Long story short we opted for building a complete new harness from scratch (very long process)

I was running the split second set up (also from the original RSI build) and maxed out the ECU around 900rwhp, without further ability to adjust we went this route. The car now makes 1,100 on pump gas and once I burn through this tank I’ll fill with E85 (we also went the flex fuel sensor route) mine is running the same exact turbos as your car…

I’ll post some more pictures tomorrow but here’s a few

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well I ended up switching my car over to Link. The local tuner could not get the AEM running either, and I didn't feel like spending $2-3k on diagnosis and ending up in the same place I was.
We went with the Link Storm X ECU. We were able to reuse all the same sensors, simply had to change over the connectors on the piggyback harness.
The tuner got the car running after about 20 mins of playing with the settings.

Got it on the dyno, car made 690whp on wastegates, running 94 octane. I told him to put a couple of pounds of boost into it, but stop at 750whp. Car made exactly 750whp at about 7.5psi.
Since I'm assuming the internals are stock in my engine, I did not want to push my luck. He did tell me that the "1000cc" injectors I got from RSI are almost maxxed out, as they are currently at 80% duty cycle. He thinks they are only 550cc, not 1000 as promised. I spoke to RSI, they are going to send another set of injectors out. My initial plan was to have large enough injectors in the car to be able to run E85. I would also need to add a flex fuel sensor from Link. I'm now not sure if it's worth doing, as the current motor is essentially maxxed out on pump gas. I guess it would probably make 750whp on fewer psi and run a bit cooler, which would help with longevity. What are your thoughts? Is it worth adding E85?

My next question is how do I get more power out of it. I saw Roe Racing sells a forged bottom end kit with stock size rods and pistons for about $3700. They claim it's good for 1000whp, which is I think as high as I would want to go with this car. Would this be the most cost effective option? I've read other cars go with custom cranks, cams, new heads, etc. Like the engine TxVault's car has would be overkill I think. Like he said, even 1,100whp is too much.
So, if I got the forged bottom end kit from Roe, switched it to E85, it should make a fairly reliable 1,000whp and not cost a fortune to build. What are your guys' thoughts?

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Obviously not 1000cc injectors! Was making 940 on my gen 1 with 1200cc's on E85 with the injectors @ 87%. Running 1700cc's on the gen 3 with 1+++ at the wheel on E85 with injectors at 57% or so. Don't forget the flex fuel sensor. My viper is allergic to "regular gas"! It's also against my "religious beliefs"! LOL! If you're still running the T56, chuck it and buy Mike's(99rt10&gts) TR6060!

· Registered
4,296 Posts
One more thing... Injector Dynamics injectors,or sit on the porch!

Reactions: 99RT10&GTS

· Landscaping Professional
14,194 Posts
That doesn't sound, or look very healthy to me.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.