Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
Hey David,
How is Chuck B. at 505 ahead of Tom W? Looks like a three way tie for 6-8th.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
David
explain how the points work again. I thought that Tom winning 2 unlimited would be a head of me?
If you only enter the one class ie unlimited vs someone entering street tire, pro or stock etc. you gain more points. With 75 points for winning a class how did I get over 400 points?

Just took a look and it looks like they are the results for 3 races and Topeka is not up yet.

rohn

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The points are the Best four races of the year. we will have a championship.

so for now ALl races are added in. some will have 3 races and some will have 4 races or less. Tom did not make the cut in BG he had problems which hurt him in the points.

THose that do the street tire shoot-out do get bonus points.

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
And this time Steve, I better be #1! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
My tuner, ain't he great!
:bowdown: :bowdown: /images/graemlins/thumb1 /images/graemlins/thumb1 /images/graemlins/thumb1

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
I am, the other hotel is booked up solid!

·
Latest JEDI Weapon!
575 Posts
Just a thought,

As all who have attempted to run in multiple classes at these events will attest, the points gained by running in the "street tire shootout" hardly make it worth all of the extra effort. I would like to suggest that the street tire shootout points are equivalent to any other class win, and furthermore, those who go through the effort of running more than one class at each event, be awarded bonus points for the extra effort.

The changes above will increase the amount of racer participation and also award those who go the "extra mile" to enhance the class car count in these events. It is alot of work to transport all of the extra items needed to run in two different classes that require a wheel and tire change, not to mention that the wear and tear on the car running mulitple classes is doubled if not tripled.

My Bowling Green trip is a perfect example. I won the street tire shootout on Saturday, changed the wheels and tires, went through the normal routine checks for Sundays Unlimited race, then broke the rear end housing mount on the first pass of Unlimited time trials. While I had about 3 hours to install another housing (I even had a spare housing with me), me and my crew were exhausted from the trip, the previous days event and the subsequent work to get the car ready for the Unlimited race. Should I have not ran the street tire shootout, It is quite possible that I could have made it through the Unlimited class and won as there was a very small amount of competitors (Lee S and Roof were the competitors if I remember correctly),as none of the other tuners were present.

In essence, I traded 150 points for 25.

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcome. My comments are made only as a means to improve this racing series.

Take care

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Tom

Easy fix
Street tire is completely different and winnable as a stand along event.
The other classes all run equally in points and have a winner from the main event?

I do not run the street tire and if you would not have broke you would be points ahead.

This may all be for nothing because if you look at the points that David listed and then go to the V-10 national site and you will see a completely different point system given. The one on the V-10 site are the ones that I thought were going to be the points awarded. A smaller amount will keep the race championship much closer even if it is your best 4 and just maybe decided at the last event.

rohn

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jkracer said:
Tom

Easy fix
The other classes all run equally in points and have a winner from the main event?

I do not run the street tire and if you would not have broke you would be points ahead.

This may all be for nothing because if you look at the points that David listed and then go to the V-10 national site and you will see a completely different point system given. The one on the V-10 site are the ones that I thought were going to be the points awarded. A smaller amount will keep the race championship much closer even if it is your best 4 and just maybe decided at the last event.

rohn

Rohn

The points system on the www.v10nationals.com website is the way they were designed to begin with.

The leader board might not be accurate as it is only the Best of 4 events and some have more events under their belt. after COlumbus we will be able to update the board and it will be more accurate as most will have at least 3 events under them.

The points are designed to stay close and will stay close but you still have to win or place to add the points.

As for the street-tire deal Im not sure of the answer for that. I think eventually that needs to be all alone. but it is too late to change any of that now as we are already almost doen with the series.

we will learn from this year and make it better with everyones input for next year. just hang in there with me guys, I am learning as we go. ANd I can say for sure that this thing is not easy to do.

thanks

·
Premium Member
19,653 Posts
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
99 RT/10 said:
How is Chuck B. at 505 ahead of Tom W? Looks like a three way tie for 6-8th.
Asshole. You know me and you know Tom. Obviously I'm ahead of Tom because I'm so beautiful. Jeeze.
Beautiful?! :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :puke: :puke:

/images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Dr Roof said:
jkracer said:
Tom

Easy fix

rohn

Rohn

The points system on the www.v10nationals.com website is the way they were designed to begin with.

The leader board might not be accurate as it is only the Best of 4 events and some have more events under their belt. after COlumbus we will be able to update the board and it will be more accurate as most will have at least 3 events under them.

The points are designed to stay close and will stay close but you still have to win or place to add the points.

As for the street-tire deal Im not sure of the answer for that. I think eventually that needs to be all alone. but it is too late to change any of that now as we are already almost doen with the series.

we will learn from this year and make it better with everyones input for next year. just hang in there with me guys, I am learning as we go. ANd I can say for sure that this thing is not easy to do.

thanks
David

look at the V-10 site under the "FAQ", scroll to the bottom and the point system is not the points being awarded. 15 points to win, 10 second, 5 bonus to win a round, etc. what is posted on the site is not being used.

rohn

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rohn

I see that, (just now)

the points is still the same system it is just a bigger number. If you attend 4 events and you place or at least advance a couple rounds you will be close. THe points will be crowned I am sure the last race but if that will only happen if more than one or two people win the class. IF you win in OHio you will have 2 wins to my one and Toms one. this will put you in the lead. and Tom or I WIll have to win the next event to keep things balanced. (or anyone just example here)

Im not following how they wont be close? IF you dont win they wont be but if you do they will.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Dr Roof said:
Rohn

I see that, (just now)

the points is still the same system it is just a bigger number. If you attend 4 events and you place or at least advance a couple rounds you will be close. THe points will be crowned I am sure the last race but if that will only happen if more than one or two people win the class. IF you win in OHio you will have 2 wins to my one and Toms one. this will put you in the lead. and Tom or I WIll have to win the next event to keep things balanced. (or anyone just example here)

Im not following how they wont be close? IF you dont win they wont be but if you do they will.
Damn David the one word that you used, the "if" word. The Unlimited has finally filled up with some major racers. The tuners are sending their customers with the best of the best, Tom has slipped a jet engine in his and put V-10 valve covers on it. You and your RSI heavy TT, you again with your Levin S/C, the Macedo group with Ward and Vern. I don't like Ward or Vern, they are getting to fast. Heff, the underground group all have stepped up with some fast cars. Norm with Big gun Scott in the drivers seat could just be the first all motor in the 9's but then SW might have something to block that and do his own record all motor. Where is waldo/oops I mean John?
The Ohio race will be the race to be at for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.