Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got back out to the track with my new gearing. i geared the bike up with a 3 tooth change on the rear sprocket. this has now stopped the bike from wheeling to hard in 2nd gear when i hit the nitrous as i am shifting into 2nd gear now at 80 mph. the down side is that the bike is pretty overdriven as i launch out of the hole and so my 60 foot time was a horrible 1.99 seconds. i hit the NOS in 2nd gear now and stay on the spray all the way thru the run as i go thru the end of the 1/4 in 4th gear. the other bummer is that i am having to make 3-4 shift right before i hit the finish line. i have to make a 3-4 shift at 139 mph (12,000 rpm's).

i am still runnig the stock 55 inch wheelbase (see pic below) with no launch aids (wheelie bar, straps, dog bones, etc.) whatsoever. i weighed 215 lbs with gear on last night and my bike weighed 410 lbs with 1 gallon of gas in the tank. out track elevation is 3,100 feet above sea level. i am not sure what the corrected altitude was last night. but the air temp was 85 degrees with major humidity in the air. i think my times would correct to 10.39 @ 145 mph down at a sea level track.

anyway, as you can see from my pic below my cbr 929 is really a road race bike and so this drag racing stuff is just a stunt for me. i think the bike would be much better suited for 1 mile top speed shootouts like they do at maxton and goliad on abandoned runways. i hit a top speed of 170 mph (gps verified) in 5th gear with my new gearing. i am gonna take the bike back out to to my high speed testing grounds next month and spray a 40 shot of juice in 6th gear and see if i can bust 180 mph. if i spray 5th and 6th gear both i should be able to cover a mile at a terminal speed of 180 mph. if so then i will be taking the bike to goliad, texas in the future to run in the 750-1000 cc class. :thumb:

[image]http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/698618-_resized-med.jpg[/image]

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, well the suzuki hayabusa in the other lane that i beat to the finish line didn't think so. with his 6 inch extended swingarm he only trapped 134 mph. in fact of the 10 bikes at the track that night mine had the highest mph. 5 of the 10 bikes were running wheelie bars! of course all of those wheelie bar bikes had a quicker ET than me but i still had a higher mph, so........... in the staging lanes they all gave me props. so i am happy!

so what kind of mph did your buddy trap on that 600?

· Registered
5,085 Posts
I don't remember, that was a long time ago. I know he just ran a 9.9 at over 140 on a new Honda 1000 something or another. 10's on a bike with juice is really slow motion. Your 60 foots must be in the 3's with that kind of mph.

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is a pic of me outlaunching a suzuki gsxr-1100. i was riding my old honda cbr-600 f3. my 1.85 sixty foot time smoked his azz and i also beat his 1100 cc motorcycle to the finish line with my 600cc bike. again the track elevation was 3,100 feet above sea level. this sixty foot time would correct to 1.79 seconds down at a sea level track.

according to my buddy who was running his super comp dragster at the strip that night the corrected altitude based on air density (barometer) was 7,700 feet above seal level. so according to his calculations my 10.70 second run would correct to 10.03 seconds down at a sea level track.

so chad i see you live in florida. i believe the highest point of land in florida is only 75 feet above sea level. what track did your buddy run his 600 at? what was the elevation of that track?

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/216211-_resized-med.jpg[/image]

· Registered
5,085 Posts
Are you looking at your competition in that pic. Keep your eyes on your lane and what you are doing and you'll pick up some time.

As for elevation, you need to post that cause even though running a 36 second quarter on the moon is great, if you don't tell me you're on the moon, I'm gonna have to say that time sucks.

As for my racing, I do ok, mmmkay?

Wassup tbag! And thanks.

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THE CHAD said:
Are you looking at your competition in that pic. Keep your eyes on your lane and what you are doing and you'll pick up some time.

As for elevation, you need to post that cause even though running a 36 second quarter on the moon is great, if you don't tell me you're on the moon, I'm gonna have to say that time sucks.

As for my racing, I do ok, mmmkay?

Wassup tbag! And thanks.
so let me guess? you drag race your viper. what kind of 60 foot times you gettin in your viper?

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"only a 1.5x sixty. Much more to come."

man i should hope so, because your sixty foot times suck. a car that is running nines in the 1/4 like yours should at least be able to get sub 1.5 sixty foot times. i run a 1.70 sixty foot time in my 4,600 pound truck and i am only making 430 horsepower to the rear wheels. seeing how your viper is making at least double the horsepower to the rear wheels as my truck and weighs over 1,200 pounds less i think you need to practice your launch some more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.