Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an undrive pully system for the Viper?...like where it makes the crankshaft pulley smaller so it runs everything faster?...and is it any good? Haven't heard anybody talk about, but thought I would ask just in case!!

Thanks again for all the info !!!!

·
Registered
10,741 Posts
I have underdrives on mine, much lighter weight than stock too. If you're running hot or drive it around town a lot you might want to consider cooling system upgrades to go along with pulleys.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
lawnman said:
Is there an undrive pully system for the Viper?...like where it makes the crankshaft pulley smaller so it runs everything faster?...and is it any good? Haven't heard anybody talk about, but thought I would ask just in case!!

Thanks again for all the info !!!!
The point of an UNDERDRIVE pulley (check your spelling), is to spin all the accessories SLOWER. Not faster. If your accessories were spinning faster you would lose horsepower, not gain any. Some cars have accessories that are WAY overdriven from what they need to be run at, from the factory. An underdrive pulley is a good way to lengthen the life of those accessories such as your power steering pump. GM's are notorious for overdriven powersteering. Vipers though, I havn't heard anything about. Might give you about 10 hp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.