Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent the car back to Underground Racing to have all the gas maps tuned. They spent about a week tuning each map to make sure all the qwirks are cleaned up.

Keep in mind, all the gains were turned down during these runs because the car kept losing traction on the dyno:

93 octane At 9PSI - 900RWHP, 900RWTQ

100 octane At 13PSI - 1000RWHP, 1000RWTQ

116 (C16) Octane At 17PSI - 1200RWHP, 1120RWTQ.

As far as I know, Undground produced the most HP out of an SRT10 TT. I originally had the car shipped to FL with 93 octane tuning, but after a car wash, my ecu got wet, and since then, ran like shit in 1st and 2nd gear. I sent the car back to Underground , and installed a new VEC II (this time with a water repellant cover,) and had it tuned to the aforementioned octane maps. I am surprised to see how smooth the car is now in 1st and 2nd WITHOUT sputtering, or popping......something I experienced with a soaking wet VEC.

They also installed a Dual Friction clutch, which has a love / hate feel. This clutch can easily withstand the 1200HP however, it either hooks or doesn't. There is no inbetween, and it chirps between each gear. The shifting is a bit notchy, and the clutch has to be 99% depressed for smoother shifting.

I laid on it from 80 to 160 within a few seconds last night :) before it started raining. This is the fastest car I've been in/driven.

One Happy Underground Racing Customer / Viper Owner

-SHank

Dyno Video - Right Click - Save Target As (8MB)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
great numbers Ryan! I cant wait to see it/run it!!!!
the best looking/sounding/performing SRT Ive yet to see.... unbelievable

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The engine builder down here in GA who does underground's stuff is a killer guy. He races 10.5 outlaw and knows his stuff. I've used thier machine shop before. sick sick mustangs. And some pretty darn good work on vipers as you can see.

I don't think UGR does any of their own motors, though... just tunes them. Steve Petty is da' man when it comes to the motors...

JD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Unbelievable!! Thats one of the BADDEST TWIN TURBOS I've ever seen!! :thumb: CONGRADULATIONS RYAN!! To KEVIN and KC at Underground you guys Build an Awesome Twin Turbo!! UNDERGROUND'S Twin Turbo Setup, is the best deal around for what you get for the money.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JID said:
The engine builder down here in GA who does underground's stuff is a killer guy. He races 10.5 outlaw and knows his stuff. I've used thier machine shop before. sick sick mustangs. And some pretty darn good work on vipers as you can see.

I don't think UGR does any of their own motors, though... just tunes them. Steve Petty is da' man when it comes to the motors...

JD
Might be the same builder. Then again, Surgeons don't build their own pace makers. Underground carefully planned this thru. It runs great now, especially with an unpolished ecu like the VEC2. Just hope they iron out the AEM before the Coupe arrives :smiles:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
That car is sweet!

I was in Charlotte for some business and stoped by to see undergrounds shop and that car was there. Best loking I ever seen!

·
Registered
166 Posts
WOW. It happened so fast I almost missed it. What was done to the motor? Pistons, rods, etc?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
JID said:

JD

Joseph they do a little more than that! You should see the quality in this TT setup. It's unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Shank I was in Charlotte last week as well. I followed Kevin over to the fab shop and I must say your car is badass. That car blows the tires so fast with part throttle it's crazy. You have the Baddest SRT I've ever seen. They have built you a masterpiece.

While I was there I went to check on my car and was shocked at how many Vipers were in their shop. In the main shop they had 15, many of which are getting TT upgrades. They had more in their secondary storage building. They don't cut any corners on the quality of the system anywhere. These guys only started tuning/building Vipers 1 year ago. They mastered and dominated the paxton supercharger setups and now have their eyes set on the TT wars. In the near future you will see more freaky TT cars coming from them. If your looking for a tuner to build you a badass ride at a respectable price call Underground Racing 704-361-3443. :thumb:

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
That thing is a monster; you currently have one of the best looking/performing SRT's out there.

Congrats! Beautiful power curves!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.