Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you do to keep that engine compartment clean and sparkling?
Mine is getting dusty and it's time for spring cleaning!

·
Banned Since 2003
16,388 Posts
simple green works well for the dirt...compressed air is a nice way to go as well. I wash the inner fenders with dish washing soap...cleaned very well and it left my hands silky smooth. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
I usually just drive down the street listening for fart can exhausts on some ricers car. Then I grab him at gunpoint and make him clean my engine compartment **** and span. Then I force him to take all those silly Chinese stickers off the side of his car and let him go on his way.

·
Registered
224 Posts
MotorCityMadMan said:
I usually just drive down the street listening for fart can exhausts on some ricers car. Then I grab him at gunpoint and make him clean my engine compartment **** and span. Then I force him to take all those silly Chinese stickers off the side of his car and let him go on his way.

Too Funny

:thumb:

·
Registered
20,360 Posts
Clean it really good once - then the upkeep is minimal...

As Toby said - the compressor is great to getting all those pesky little rocks of the side sills, etc... - instead of dragging them across the paint with a towel...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go to a motorcycle shop (preferabley harley) and ask for
s-1000, I believe. They use it on the crackle coat on harley motors. I'll have to check if that is the exact name but it is in a white aerasol can with blue and red lettering. It works outstanding. Looks brand new. Drew

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Speaking of which, what IS that crackle-coat? Is it some kind of powdercoat, or something completely different, or what?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.