Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you do to keep that engine compartment clean and sparkling?
Mine is getting dusty and it's time for spring cleaning!

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Ummmm clean it regularly. Use high pressure air and blow off the dust. Then use engine degreaser for oil (if you have any) Then just mcguires quick detailer for keeping it clean.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,512 Posts
simple green works well for the dirt...compressed air is a nice way to go as well. I wash the inner fenders with dish washing soap...cleaned very well and it left my hands silky smooth. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I usually just drive down the street listening for fart can exhausts on some ricers car. Then I grab him at gunpoint and make him clean my engine compartment **** and span. Then I force him to take all those silly Chinese stickers off the side of his car and let him go on his way.

·
Registered
264 Posts
MotorCityMadMan said:
I usually just drive down the street listening for fart can exhausts on some ricers car. Then I grab him at gunpoint and make him clean my engine compartment **** and span. Then I force him to take all those silly Chinese stickers off the side of his car and let him go on his way.

Too Funny

:thumb:

·
Registered
19,269 Posts
Clean it really good once - then the upkeep is minimal...

As Toby said - the compressor is great to getting all those pesky little rocks of the side sills, etc... - instead of dragging them across the paint with a towel...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Go to a motorcycle shop (preferabley harley) and ask for
s-1000, I believe. They use it on the crackle coat on harley motors. I'll have to check if that is the exact name but it is in a white aerasol can with blue and red lettering. It works outstanding. Looks brand new. Drew

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Speaking of which, what IS that crackle-coat? Is it some kind of powdercoat, or something completely different, or what?

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts