Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch out for this car TT Gallardo owners, as you guys know, the R8 has the same power plant as the LP Gallardo's :whip:

Huge thanks to Alex at SP racing for choosing Underground Racing to Twin Turbo this 100 mile R8 GT for his customer in the UAE. This Underground Racing build is a X1 Version that makes over 2,000 whp on race fuel and puts down 1,200 whp on 93 octane pump gas! The X version comes with our Full engine build, custom billet intake, billet transmission upgrades, billet differential a very long list of other upgrades. This setup uses the OEM Egear setup. Also like all other X versions we are using the plug and play JRR M1 MoTeC ECU setup.

Other than a little tighter take off from the carbon to carbon race clutch, this setup drives just like stock, only extremely faster. ;)

If you are considering a build similar to this or even trying to locate a car to build, please don't hesitate to contact me anytime and I would be glad to help!

Thanks, Kevin Howeth
704-361-3443
[email protected]

·
Suspended
25,637 Posts
I'm considering a build like this one....

Right after I murder 8.0L and sell his organs to wealthy Chinese businessmen.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Not a fan of the R8 looks, but it's definitely more "sleeper" than the Gallardo! Nice build.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Not a fan of the R8 looks, but it's definitely more "sleeper" than the Gallardo! Nice build.

Yea major Sleeper. That car is going to hurt a lot of feelings!!

·
Registered
11,908 Posts
There's a few R8s I've seen down here that have the side panels painted to match the body, looks better. But still looks like a big Audi TT, blends right in, even with the sound, nobody bats an eye or pays attention to them even at valet down here lol. That can be a good thing depending on your stance, nice sleeper that gets no attention.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
There's a few R8s I've seen down here that have the side panels painted to match the body, looks better. But still looks like a big Audi TT, blends right in, even with the sound, nobody bats an eye or pays attention to them even at valet down here lol. That can be a good thing depending on your stance, nice sleeper that gets no attention.

The R8 also makes a better street car with cruise and plush interior. Perfect car to drive to the strip, rip off a 8se sec pass and then go grab a burger and beer to watch the go pro vid with a few friends. Then when some chump in his stage 3 TT-G or Alpha 12 GTR starts talking smack, you kindly take them out behind the wood pile and giv'em a good working over without really trying too hard. Then when you go to get fuel, nobody is going to crowd the car, ask a dozen questions so you are then free to head to the grocery store for a pound of bacon to cook up with some steak and eggs for breakfast after a long night of ass whooping.

Hope to see more of this car and hope it just doesn't become a garage queen.

That car, is perfection.

EDIT:

Kevin, you called this a "X1". Does that mean "X2" and "X3" are in progress?

Stage 1-2-3, R1-R2, X1-X?

Next thing you know Kevin's going to figure out how to install small nuclear power plant in the platform and make 10,000awhp with Solid rocket boosters for that extra edge.

Disturbed: Jez Keven what the hell, you put in a small Nuclear power plant....She has do more than 300mph.

Kevin: We stopped measuring in mph and whp....we just go by Mach...this little gem does Mach 4.5 before the rocket booster kick in.

Disturbed: I call shotgun!

KC: You may want to grab a extra set of superman undies first.

Disturbed: Already packed'em and a space suit for the trip to the moon and back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts