Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, OFFICIAL WORD! The V-10 Nationals will NOT be part of TX2K5 - Supra Nationals. B/C i'm candid about EVERYTHING that involves my national meet, let me tell you all why:

I asked David Boggs for approximately $9,000. This money would go to cover 1/2 the cost of the road racing, 1/2 the cost of the drag racing, 1/2 the cost for security for dyno day, 1/2 the cost for food on dyno day, and 1/2 the cost for the payout for the UNLIMITED class (which includes both Supras and Vipers). Of the $9,000, David would have made back $6,000 on the road racing, and probably would have made $2,000 (ATLEAST) back during the drag racing event. All he needed was some sponsors to come up with $1,000 (or so) and pay for his trophies. In addition, I did not charge David for any dyno spots at the dyno day. He declined the offer and so our event will be a stand alone event like it has been in the past. I wish we could do a joint event, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I've had a hard time communicating with David, if anyone else would like to take the lead here and make this work, please email me at [email protected]

In the end, i'm sorry we didn't work it out. I invite ALL of you to sign up for the road racing event at Texas World Speedway as well as to come to the drag racing portion. Unfortunately the ONLY class Vipers will be eligible for is the UNLIMITED class (since we're not doing a joint event). However, if you have a car, and wish to get some practice runs in, please come, we'll have the track for 12 hours (9 am to 9 pm) and there will be PLENTY of time for fun runs and practice runs.

Thanks
Peter Blach
TX2K, TX2K1, TX2K2, TX2K3, TX2K4, and TX2K5 - Supra Nationals Event Organizer

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention, I already have confirmation that RSI will be bringing 3-5 Vipers to the event, David Boggs will be bringing 2 Vipers, and Chad will be bringing his beast. I invite all the tuners (SVS, Heffner, Hennessey, etc...) to bring their quickest/fastest/most powerful Vipers as well!!!!!
Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
WHEN IS THIS EVENT AND WHERE? Please advise....

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BigCarrot - bring your car and run all day for fun, or if you want to line up with someone, have them follow you up to race. Either way, it's gonna be a great event, just won't have any Viper only classes like the V-10 Nationals does.

Super Squirrel - this is the detail i posted on Supraforums. The only thing that does not apply to Viper is the dyno, which now will only be for Supras.

The TX2K – Supra Nationals series has been extremely successful for the past 6 years thanks to all of you! None of my work would matter if I didn’t have your support, thank you all for that. It’s about that time again for me; I’m working on lining up tracks, getting schedules worked out, paying deposits and making sure that things go smoothly again. The road racing will once again be at Texas World Speedway, the dyno at Hennessey Performance Engineering and the drag racing will be at San Antonio Raceway. I want to start off by giving all of you some facts about TX2K5 – Supra Nationals.

When: March 10-12, 2005 (Thursday – Saturday)

Why Thur – Sat: We have to do another Thursday – Saturday meet because the road racing will have to be on Thursday. If we chose to make the road racing on Friday we would have to pay an additional $2,000 for the track because Friday is considered a weekend day and therefore is charged per the weekend rate.

Where:
Road Racing – Texas World Speedway
Dyno – Hennessey Performance Engineering
Drag Racing – San Antonio Raceway

How Much:
Road Racing – $200 per driver
Dyno – $35 to dyno, first person to send me money gets the spot.
Drag Racing – $55 per car (keep in mind that $15 goes to SAR and $40 goes towards the payout). Spectators pay $15 to watch, all of which goes to SAR.

Road Racing - Thursday March 10, 2005– We will have approximately 50 spots to sell for the road racing portion of the event. The road racing will once again be at Texas World Speedway (http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/) and you can see the configuration of the course at (http://www.houston-bmwcca.com/driving/tws/twslap.html). Once all 50 spots are filled, we will not take any more entrants. Cost for the road racing will be $200. For this price you get 2 hours of track time at one of the best road courses in the nation. When you send payment please include whether you're racing in the advanced class (been to TWS before on more than one occasion OR you raced TWS last year and your instructor qualified you to run in the advanced class) or the beginner class (first time to TWS or you simply want an instructor to help you until you're comfortable to drive alone). Deadline for the road racing entry fee is February 1, 2005. I need to pay for the track as well as secure a sufficient number of instructors.

Dyno - Friday March 11, 2005– The dyno day will be at Hennessey Peformance Eng. This venue will be PERFECT as there is TONS of space to park cars, rigs, etc... I anticipate having room for 200 cars, 4-5 Titan sized haulers, as well as tons of space indoors. The dyno will be available to read up to 1500 rwhp and 1500 rwtq. We won't run out of dyno this year!!!!
We have 30 dyno spots. Of the 30, 14 spots are reserved for sponsors. That leaves 16 spots, they are all first come first serve. Please send $35 to secure your spot. I will post on this thread as soon as all the spots are taken. In addition, Autobanh Motorsports (an official sponsor of the dyno day) will be on hand to provide all of us C16, 109 unleaded, and 104 unleaded. In addition, Autobanh will be providing NOS refills!! Autobanh's prices will be VERY competitively priced on-site at the dyno day!

Drag Racing - Saturday March 12, 2005– The track day will be at San Antonio Raceway (www.sanantonioraceway.com). We will be running the SAME classes that we always run during the drag racing day.

Class 1: Stock twins only.

Class 2: Single turbo OR stock twins with NOS.

UNLIMITED: This class will be limited to 16 cars (8 Supras and 8 Vipers/Vettes/Etc...).

6-Speed Challenge: this class will be for Supras only (8 cars maximum).

The thing that makes this event the biggest/best/baddest event in the country is the fact that we change every year to accomodate all of you. The biggest gripe last year was that we were hot lapping the cars. Well, this year, i've arranged to have the track for 12 hours 9 am to 9 pm. There will be NO hot lapping this year.

Group Dinner - Friday night, March 11, 2005 - Westside Tennis Club
Just like last year, the group dinner will be at Westside. The menu will be the same as last year and the cost will be the same as well. $20 gets you all you can eat buffet including tea/water. We will have a cash bar as well for alchohol.

Deadline for entry to the group dinner is February 1, 2005. Last year we had around 150 ppl attend the group dinner, let's break 200 this year!!!!!!!! At this event the attendees will have the opportunity to eat great food, watch good DVD's, and listen/ask questions to all the sponsors. Don't miss this event, it was a HUGE hit last year.

Sticker Sponsors - like last year we will have sticker sponsors. This year the main sticker sponsor will be MVP. You will get one MVP sticker on EACH SIDE of your car if you participate as well as a sticker for each individual event sponsor. We currently do not have a road racing sticker sponsor but we're working on it and I will update this thread when the spot is filled.

Hotel Information

1. Holiday Inn Express
2930 W Sam Houston Pkwy South
Houston, TX 77042
713-785-3899
Confirmation: Supra Meet

2. Best Western
2950 W Sam Houston Pkwy South
Houston, TX 77042
713-782-1515
Confirmation: Supra Meet

Remember, if you're interested in any of the events, get your money in ASAP as the spots will fill quickly. Remember payment for road racing, dyno, AND group dinner!!!!!!

Send check or money order. Please make your checks payable to Peter Blach and send it to:

12915 Carlaris Ct.
Houston, TX 77041

You can also use paypal to [email protected]
I will have to charge a paypal fee so the totals will be as follows:
Dyno - $37.45
Road Racing - $207.00
Group Dinner - $21.40 per person

Once again, this meet is NOTHING without all of you, thanks for your support!!!!!!!

Peter Blach
TX2K, TX2K1, TX2K2, TX2K3, TX2K4, and TX2K5 – Supra Nationals Event Organizer

Sponsor List:

Primary Sponsor
MVP Motorsports

Road Racing
MVP Motorsports (Sticker)
Sound Performance (Sticker)
Champion Toyota

Dyno Day
Suprastore.com (Sticker)
Autobanh Motorsports
Hennessey Performance Eng.
RPS Performance Products
Redline Motorsports
Elmhurst Toyota

Drag Racing
Titan Motorsports (Sticker)
Racing Solutions
Boost Logic
VIP Imports
AAP Motorsports
Wide Open Throttle Motorsports
Injected Performance

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
who cares if its a V10 nats event, itd been nice but screw it we can still have a helluva viper turnout. Ill be there for sure with more power than ever too /images/graemlins/toothy

if you need a title for the viper participation call it "the V10 Invitational" or something so we have titling, if necessary. hell, what about the "viper alley invitational". im sure the alley wouldnt mind the name being out there

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
V10 - The only problem with naming the event V10 is that my sponsors pay LOTS of $ to make this thing happen. I can't just assign a name without a proper sponsorship. I'd LOVE to get more Viper tuners on board though as sponsors, if any would be interested I could work to make this a V-10 Invitational where Vipers get some dyno spots, 1/2 the road racing spots, and their own classes at the drags. It really comes down to interest on the part of Tuners/Sponsors...

Thanks and see you there!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/smiles

Keep in mind all, this isn't a V-10 Nationals type event where you race for 5 hours and you're done. This is a 3-day event that takes up 12 hours on Thursday (road racing), 10 hours on Friday (dyno), and 12 hours on Sunday (drags).

Peter

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I will attend this race as I have in the last three years.

The V-10 Nationals does not have the funds available to due such an event. We have never made a profitt (the race was not created to either)

another point is that their is a huge turn-outs of SUpra's that attend this race. we like track time especially when people drive across the country, it would not be alot of track time for the Vipers. It is a great Idea but the V-10 Nationals is an exclusive Viper Drag Racing series. The sponsors I spoke with on the matter would like to keep it that way.

this is also a race I can come to and enjoy as their is no work involved!

someone else can step up? that is fine by me

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
David, we love the fact that you've attended for three years and look forward to seeing you again in March with 2 cars this time!!!!!!! However, keep this in mind, it's NOT about making money, NEVER has been. We're a break even event EVERY YEAR as well. That is why we have $$$$$ payouts for the drag classes, b/c if we have leftover money, it goes to the contestants.

As for huge turn-out, we get about 60 Supra's racing. With 12 hours of track time it's FAR from busy. Viper owners would get MORE track time than they have at V-10 Nationals events!!! LOL

Thanks and see you soon!
Peter

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
im just glad we can participate, its gonna be excellent competition i never mind racing supras; win some lose some and im planning on representing the vipers properly with some wins!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great attitude V10!!!! I look forward to meeting you!
Peter

V10 MOJO said:
im just glad we can participate, its gonna be excellent competition i never mind racing supras; win some lose some and im planning on representing the vipers properly with some wins!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Peter
the good thing is that it looks like if Chad is coming and a couple other projects like Paolo and another few un named cars we might be able to run with the Titan Supra????

we will be fun to try

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Peter
The money that you would need is not available as every V-10 has broke even and or David has taken from his pocket. Many of our tuners have just come on board for the V-10 series and even then it has been hard to collect the money that was needed for the events. If the question of money came up with a V-10 that has had 3 to 4 years under our belt the money might not be that hard to find. I know that all the Viper owners along with my self do appreciate all the time and effort that it takes you to put on a class event.
As we progress and the V-10 survives our wishes would be to have Dodge or a Titan type of company step up with sponsorship. If the V-10 group came to you in your first year and asked you for 9K what would your answer have been but then maybe you were a better sales person and had more help. Your event draws from California, NY and all over but for now we are not that lucky.
Looking forward to the event.
rohn

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
David - I think that several cars will be as quick or quicker than Titan, VirtualWorks, Marko, etc... The Vipers are FINALLY where I expected them to be a long time ago! I expect 8 second runs at TX2K5 from the Vipers...

Rohn - I understand your position as well as your thoughts. However, I will say this, the first year I did this I lost money as well, even lost money the second year. Since the first two years I've payed myself back the money I lost the first few years and have broken even on all other meets. I do it b/c I love it, not b/c i'm trying to make money. You can ask my wife, she hates my committment to this thing especially since I spend 5 months planning it to make sure it runs smoothly. In the end, I do NOT expect David to take a hit financially, but I would have thought that his sponsors would step up and help make this thing happen. David didn't even attempt to discuss other options (cheaper options - for example say he could only come up with $4,000 from the sponsors - of which he could probably make most of it back and the sponsors would essentially have a free ride), the only communication I had with him was an email this morning. I had been trying to get ahold of him for a long time... No worries though, it'll be a GREAT event either way, and we will all have a GREAT time. For those of you who have never been, GET READY, this event rocks!

Don't be shy to sign up for the road racing, last year we had 4 Vipers road racing with us.
Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Off topic, but regarding the V-10 Nationals. What ever happened to the possible Jeg's support that we were told about in Columbus?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
its a damn shame that events like the v10 nats cannot get sponsorship from big corps. i just cant understand the logic, or lack thereof, in not sponsoring us?? then, you also got wacked ass VCA idiots also screwing us. well, as long as we (the racers/owners) enjoy what we do, we will pay for it ourselves, not much fluff or frills but its racing not a prom so who cares. as long as the track is prepped and we aint sliding sideways at the 1/8th its all good.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Simms said:
Off topic, but regarding the V-10 Nationals. What ever happened to the possible Jeg's support that we were told about in Columbus?

Jegs
the sponsorship they were offering is for next season, I will pursue that option after this final race. if things look good from FL i am sure they will come on board in a big way.

the only problem is getting people to show up. alot of Keyboard racers that talk smack but do not race!

·
Premium Member
19,646 Posts
Re: TX2K5 - Supra Nationals - Stand Alone Event - No Partnership With V-10

Dr Roof said:
Simms said:

Jegs
the sponsorship they were offering is for next season, I will pursue that option after this final race. if things look good from FL i am sure they will come on board in a big way.

the only problem is getting people to show up. alot of Keyboard racers that talk smack but do not race!
I know I gotta get out there more and race, but this keyboard is enticing /images/graemlins/wink /images/graemlins/wink

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.