Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There hasn't been many people signing up and it looks like there may be no V-10 Nat in the foreseeable future, so TX is our chance to RACE. It is in the middle of the country, more or less, and promises to be a FIRST CLASS event.

Would more Viper owners come if you were allowed in the 6-speed challenge?

Is ANYONE planning to run Unltd against the automatic Supras?

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
What I am not sure about is: My car having two power adders, I would have to run unlimited. There is only eight cars allowed so if I didn't qualify, I would not be running a class...then there is the thing about having to run against the auto cars. Who knows, by then maybe I will have the heads done and would feel better running one power adder.

I am being penalized because of two power adders when they don't even get me the power of many cars with one power adder. That said, I know the reasoning behind the one power adder classes and I am not asking for any rules to be changed.....my set up just doesn't fit very well.

The six speed challenge does look interesting for me, but at this point I just can't commit to showing up. It's a looong trip just to play.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Per Peter:

The six-speed challenge has historically been a Supra only class. Essentially, the rules are as follows:

1. Must be Supra
2. Must be factory OEM 6-speed (no derivatives)
3. Any mods allowed
4. $100 entry fee (on top of the $55 to race at SAR)
5. 75% of entry money goes to winner and 25% to 2nd place (ex: 16 contestants at $100 each, $1200 goes to winner and $400 to 2nd place)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Guys, here's the deal, at the end of the day, there is NO way to make EVERYONE happy with the class designations. We tried our best to set up the classes in such a way that it's as fair as possible. As you all know, there is no way in hell to verify rwhp from EVERY car to see what their "power adders" actually do to their numbers... Having said that, Tony, if you don't qualify for one of the eight spots, you will have ALL DAY to run, we will have lanes open for fun/grudge/practice runs... If you're one of the first 20 Vipers at the gate, for $15 you will be able to run for 10-12 hours!
Hope that helps...
Peter
p.s. I do agree, this event promises to be TOP NOTCH. It's hard to say how many ppl will show up until the actual event. The road racing sign up is slow but moving along. The drag racing portion of the meet will be much more full. If the classes don't fill up then some will be making EASY money since they'll have no competition.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tony, I'm following you now.

You have a great shot at being in the top 8 fastest Vipers for Unltd, though. Qualifying shouldn't be a problem for you.

I do think the Vipers would be much more competitive in the 6-speed challenge than Unltd.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Yea, keep in mind... Of the Supras, there may be 2-3 as fast as Chad, that's it. The others will be mid-high 9 second cars just like yours Tony. Same with the Vipers, other than Chad, you will be right there in the mix, I don't see you NOT qualifying for UNLIMITED. Don't forget, this is heads up racing, people red light, people fall asleep at the light, people break!!! ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!
Peter

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Plus I'm not scared of Chad.....he's lucky I lost first round in Florida.

:bangdesk: :bangdesk: :bangdesk: :lame: :lame: :dumbass: :dumbass: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :surrender: :screwy: :screwy: :eek:wned: :eek:wned:

And last BUT certainly not least :hitit: :D

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
houstonT said:
Guys, here's the deal, at the end of the day, there is NO way to make EVERYONE happy with the class designations.
Don't get me wrong. I understand how hard it is to come up with rules for everybody. In no way do I want it to sound like I am whining and/or want any rules changed. These rules/classes have probably been the same for several years.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Tony, I can't lie to you man, these are new rules b/c this is a new event (RSI V-10 Nationals). BUT, like you said, it's VERY hard to come up with rules for everybody. The way the rules sit we felt like we were coming up with the best compromise for everyone. I really hope to see you there and put a face with a name.
Peter

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Peter, I know there is no way to make everyone happy, but I am working feverishly to try to get the car done and ready for your event. I think it will be THE EVENT to show up and compete against the fastest cars in the 1/4 and for the roll-on action(my favorite)! Hopefully I will get done! I am going out there now to do more! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
ah...sorry. It's quite a few pages deep or I would copy it. It's some of the unlimited Supras beating on each other.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
So speaking of power adders... I'm about to add the water-injection back on my car. Does that mean I'm running two power adders? I am NOT running methanol... just H20...

I better get clarification on whether H20 guarantees me in the big-boy class...

JD

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
You have five :bangdesk: blower/intercooler/heads/cam/and now the almighty water :D

At a Supra race you will probably be ok with wtr and or wtr/mth

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.